What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

Stafford

May 6, 2019
Someone do tell me WHY they are so outraged? (however, don't say that word there, they will snitch on your ass and a trigger happy mod will ban you. Seen it happen to several posters there now, lol.)

And to think those folks there actually call GAF a cesspool, a mess and God knows what else. I'm sorry, but ever since I've joined, and before that I had been lurking here I only see posts that make sense and that are logical, well mostly. =)

Sep 29, 2011
Someone do tell me WHY they are so outraged? (however, don't say that word there, they will snitch on your ass and a trigger happy mod will ban you. Seen it happen to several posters there now, lol.)

And to think those folks there actually call GAF a cesspool, a mess and God knows what else. I'm sorry, but ever since I've joined, and before that I had been lurking here I only see posts that make sense and that are logical, well mostly. =)
I have no idea why they would be outraged either. I woulda thought they'd approve of something like this? I'm okay with it either way. *shrugs*

Last edited:

Hero Of Gallowmere

Neo Member
Aug 21, 2018

They think they can solve real world issues by arguing(raising awarness) about them on an "enthusiast" gaming forum.

They are very self righteous.

And probably slightly autistic.

ZeroGravity

Dec 5, 2008
I have no idea why they would be outraged either. I woulda thought they'd approve of something like this? I'm okay with it either way. *shrugs*
The real answer is because it's CD Projekt Red. Because they have a perceived transphobic agenda (one almost entirely manufactured by ResetEra themselves), then they view any attempt by them to tackle something transgender related as poor, or insensitive, or fetishizing in this particular case.

If this came from a dev that was more trans-friendly in their eyes, I bet they'd be praising it.

Stafford

May 6, 2019
The real answer is because it's CD Projekt Red. Because they have a perceived transphobic agenda (one almost entirely manufactured by ResetEra themselves), then they view any attempt by them to tackle something transgender related as poor, or insensitive, or fetishizing in this particular case.

If this came from a dev that was more trans-friendly in their eyes, I bet they'd be praising it.
Yep! In fact..

I saw one poster saying it would have been fine if a queer artist had made this picture, but since it's coming from CDPR which (in their words) has a history of transphobic bla bla bla, it's so horrible. I can't even.... lol.

Sep 29, 2011

I don't even... *heavy sigh*

niilokin

Neo Member
Feb 21, 2019

I don't think CDPR could even be redeemed in their eyes. It's pure collective rage. Now they just want the company to apologize to get chance to bully and humiliate them even more.

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
I don't think CDPR could even be redeemed in their eyes. It's pure collective rage. Now they just want the company to apologize to get chance to bully and humiliate them even more.
If CDPR apologises to that raging mob for a percieved slight against trans people, they'll hang in the noose of their own making. Seriously, they won't be "forgiven", just demanded to alter more of their vision for the game, so it can conform to some fever dream of an insane sjw mind.

Last edited:

ZeroGravity

Dec 5, 2008
That's exactly the cycle, yeah. Transgressions like these can never be redeemed. If you're guilty then you're guilty forever, and apologizing only makes it worse.

SaiyanRaoh

Jun 22, 2013
Never.....NEVER apologize. It will never be enough for em and they will never be happy. They will only find something else to wake up and outrage to. Probably to the point of data mining for something to be outraged about.

Se_7_eN

Feb 3, 2015
Seattle
So....is CD Projekt Red is now "criminals" in ResetEra like Hashino was because of Catherine? What in hell is wrong with them?
Their LGBT community runs the site and wants to be included... Then, when you include them, they complain about it because they dont look like the representation depicted. So they go to war with everyone on the site and take to Twitter.

Also, they hate straight white men.

Last edited:

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
UK
Just got banned for a week on Era for posting in that thread about how lazy stereotypes and generalisations are dangerous. (The thread took a bit of a turn toward how AWFUL straight white men are... and that it's okay to make lazy assumptions about them!)

How can you fight discrimination with more discrimination is beyond me.

I'm fairly liberal and supportive of LGBTQ issues but apparently if I'm not apologising for waking up in the morning and being outraged at trans issues pertaining to a Cyberpunk video game (where transhumanism, body mods and fetish are huge parts of the established canon) then I'm some sort of enemy of the state.

Era being Era I guess.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Just got banned for a week on Era for posting in that thread about how lazy stereotypes and generalisations are dangerous. (The thread took a bit of a turn toward how AWFUL straight white men are... and that it's okay to make lazy assumptions about them!)

How can you fight discrimination with more discrimination is beyond me.

I'm fairly liberal and supportive of LGBTQ issues but apparently if I'm not apologising for waking up in the morning and being outraged at trans issues pertaining to a Cyberpunk video game (where transhumanism, body mods and fetish are huge parts of the established canon) then I'm some sort of enemy of the state.

Era being Era I guess.
What are you still doing here?

Hero Of Gallowmere

Neo Member
Aug 21, 2018
Their LGBT community runs the site and wants to be included... Then, when you include them, they complain about it because they dont look like the representation depicted. So they go to war with everyone on the site and take to Twitter.

Also, they hate straight white men.
What they think they look like

What they actually look like

#sorrynotsorry

Reactions: klosos

Stafford

May 6, 2019
This post seems to explain what the big deal is.... I guess. The poster is Gestault. It's not the text you see in the box.

Honestly, all this bullshit about transphobia(fuck having to type this myself, my phone's prediction thingy doesn't even have that word,lol) from CDPR is based on nothing. To my knowledge all they did last year was say "did you just assume their gender"? And this was all it took to have the whole goddamn pathetic Era army to go up in arms, sigh.

I'm really done with all this shit anyway, what is the big deal all of a sudden with transgender people? They have been around since forever, but for some reason it needs to be all up in our faces again, in the news, developers getting cussed at if they say "nah" when asked if the character creator let's you be a transgender. Truly, who..... gives...a..shit? Tiresome.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
Haha, I like to lurk on both boards to be fair.

I don't see GAF as inherently evil or anything. There's a lot of good folks here.

Though I can't quite remember the last time I logged in!
Are you rolling over and slipping back into GAF because it's comfortable and familiar?

Look, I get it.

GAF is about community and all tha, but why would you want to continue to line the pockets of someone who has had yet more allegations of abuse/harassment thrown at them.

EviLore doesnt deserve to profit off of any of us after what hes done.

So please dont just roll over and slip back into GAF because its comfy and familiar. For all of us being here means we indirectly support what he did and no one should feel comfortable with that.

#Phonepunk#

Gold Member
Sep 4, 2018
Never.....NEVER apologize. It will never be enough for em and they will never be happy. They will only find something else to wake up and outrage to. Probably to the point of data mining for something to be outraged about.
Every time something blows up and someone apologizes I always see “this lame ass apology they are only saying this because they have to”

And I’m like, “yeah, isn’t that what you fuckers want???”

PrintedCrayon

Banned
Jul 17, 2012
UK
Are you rolling over and slipping back into GAF because it's comfortable and familiar?
Time makes hypocrites of us all :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

I was very angry with you in particular at that time in my life and felt let down.

I don't regret what I said and I also don't believe that people should hold grudges forever.

Wow.

Just Wow.

Or as they like to say on that other site

OOF
It's a yikes from me fam.

Last edited:

Hero Of Gallowmere

Neo Member
Aug 21, 2018
Time makes hypocrites of us all :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

I was very angry with you in particular at that time in my life and felt let down.

I don't regret what I said and I also don't believe that people should hold grudges forever.

It's a yikes from me fam.
Well are you still a "guilty until proven innocent" type of guy?

Stafford

May 6, 2019
but change it to updated version

[credit to strangehedache]

:messenger_ok:
Not even kidding you, this should be the official cover art. CDPR is well aware that this game will sell gangbusters, so the lost sales of a few really isn't a big deal. They should announce that the initial box art has been changed and it's this. I am gonna love the outrage then.

I honestly also kinda want to take to Twitter and react to that woman where the Era thread is based on. But on the other hand it's a waste of time.

Jan 7, 2018
Not even kidding you, this should be the official cover art. CDPR is well aware that this game will sell gangbusters, so the lost sales of a few really isn't a big deal. They should announce that the initial box art has been changed and it's this. I am gonna love the outrage then.

I honestly also kinda want to take to Twitter and react to that woman where the Era thread is based on. But on the other hand it's a waste of time.
Do it !

DanEON

Oct 30, 2017

Someone should make this "new" box art. Plz!!! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Guynamedbilly

Feb 28, 2018
This post seems to explain what the big deal is.... I guess. The poster is Gestault. It's not the text you see in the box.

Honestly, all this bullshit about transphobia(fuck having to type this myself, my phone's prediction thingy doesn't even have that word,lol) from CDPR is based on nothing. To my knowledge all they did last year was say "did you just assume their gender"? And this was all it took to have the whole goddamn pathetic Era army to go up in arms, sigh.

I'm really done with all this shit anyway, what is the big deal all of a sudden with transgender people? They have been around since forever, but for some reason it needs to be all up in our faces again, in the news, developers getting cussed at if they say "nah" when asked if the character creator let's you be a transgender. Truly, who..... gives...a..shit? Tiresome.
They aren't satisfied with you ignoring them. They want to walk down the street and have people celebrate their coming like the heroes they are. They don't want to have anyone roll their eyes or look at anyone differently regardless of how bizarre they act or dress; unless you look normal that is. Then everyone should call you boring until you get enlightened.

Reactions: Stafford and DanEON

Jamesb0ndjr

Neo Member
Sep 26, 2018
Dude, I only ever used forums for news, but every once in a while I would make a comment. Before all the Neogaf controversy I got banned for voicing an opinion different from the masses. Then went to ResetEra and made a couple comments and got banned again for not bowing down to their dogma. Now I am back here and finally it seems a place where people can actually discuss and have different views about the world.

I mean, look at the RestEra thread. The entire first page is drive by "WTF" posts that don't add anything to a discussion except further the "I accept everyone, unless you disagree with me, then F*** you and I hope you die" mentality. No bans. Instead, they crucify everyone who thinks differently and insulate themselves from ever having to defend their viewpoints. Their entire rational is based on some moral high ground they think they have, which in my belief is absurd, since where do atheists obtain the concept of morality? If it is societal, then how do they justify imposing their beliefs on other societies, such as CDPR?

I've been watching a Netflix documentary on the inner circle of Hitler (that right there is probably racist in their eyes, learning history). They would be surprised to find that, in my opinion, the greatest factor that allowed the Nazis to commit such horrendous acts on such a scale was propaganda. Joseph Goebbels, the minister of propaganda, put out fake news. IE the nazis invaded Poland because they convinced the German people that the Polish attached a German radio station. Ultimately, a massive supply of crap being fed the German people allowed them to believe they were in the right. This same type of crap is being fed to Americans daily. Except today, anyone who isn't a white male is told that as soon as you open your eyes in the morning the entire world thinks less of you because of your skin, gender, etc. Therefore, they go radical and, in an attempt to overthrow the tyranny, become the exact thing they think they are defeating. ResetEra is the pinnacle of this thinking. So convinced they are in the right they block out everything and become the exact thing they want to beat.

It's pathetic.

Hero Of Gallowmere

Neo Member
Aug 21, 2018
Dude, I only ever used forums for news, but every once in a while I would make a comment. Before all the Neogaf controversy I got banned for voicing an opinion different from the masses. Then went to ResetEra and made a couple comments and got banned again for not bowing down to their dogma. Now I am back here and finally it seems a place where people can actually discuss and have different views about the world.

I mean, look at the RestEra thread. The entire first page is drive by "WTF" posts that don't add anything to a discussion except further the "I accept everyone, unless you disagree with me, then F*** you and I hope you die" mentality. No bans. Instead, they crucify everyone who thinks differently and insulate themselves from ever having to defend their viewpoints. Their entire rational is based on some moral high ground they think they have, which in my belief is absurd, since where do atheists obtain the concept of morality? If it is societal, then how do they justify imposing their beliefs on other societies, such as CDPR?

I've been watching a Netflix documentary on the inner circle of Hitler (that right there is probably racist in their eyes, learning history). They would be surprised to find that, in my opinion, the greatest factor that allowed the Nazis to commit such horrendous acts on such a scale was propaganda. Joseph Goebbels, the minister of propaganda, put out fake news. IE the nazis invaded Poland because they convinced the German people that the Polish attached a German radio station. Ultimately, a massive supply of crap being fed the German people allowed them to believe they were in the right. This same type of crap is being fed to Americans daily. Except today, anyone who isn't a white male is told that as soon as you open your eyes in the morning the entire world thinks less of you because of your skin, gender, etc. Therefore, they go radical and, in an attempt to overthrow the tyranny, become the exact thing they think they are defeating. ResetEra is the pinnacle of this thinking. So convinced they are in the right they block out everything and become the exact thing they want to beat.

It's pathetic.
ResetEra is an interesting place - when discussion on the matter comes up many people on one side (and only one side) of the debate are banned thus creating a self selected population of people and group think that is heavily (and arguably non-representatively) skewed to the progressive side.

Anyone who does have a dissenting opinion is either banned, or is so afraid of being banned/dogpiled on that they do not express it.

In contrast those on the other side of the issue are allowed to act with impunity, slinging unfounded accusations at the other side, calling people "transphobic shit heads" etc - arguably behaviour that should result in a ban.

Kind of like GAF was before all the stupid shit went down.

But it turned around.

Se_7_eN

Feb 3, 2015
Seattle
CDPR responds

I asked Redesiuk what she would say to those in the trans community who might be offended to see themselves portrayed this way in the game.

“I would say it was never the intention to offend anyone,” Redesiuk said. “However, with this image of an oversexualized person, we did want to show how oversexualization of people is bad. And that’s it.

“I think that sexy bodies are sexy. Full disclosure: I love female bodies. I love male bodies. I love bodies in between. This is who I am. However, I hate it when it’s used commercially. And that’s exactly what we want to show by doing this exactly, by showing how big corporations use people’s bodies against them.”
And she responds with common sense, in a rational way that everyone should understand... Good on CDPR.

The intent was to show oversexualization and how it can be bad... Mission accomplished?

Last edited:

SweetShark

Feb 28, 2019
You should see the Era thread about this, good fucking lord man!!!! Folks that actually talk sense there are getting banned left and right.

Nah, you're better off staying the hell away from there.
I fucking knew it!!!
They act hostile so they don't get banned!!!
Oh my God.