What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

Eraroten

Gold Member
Mar 20, 2017
First reeera page on this thread likes the response so far. Maybe we can have nice things afterall, lol.

Last edited:

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
All of this was such a non issue, but they have to make a shit storm out of it.
What else would they have to pat themselves on the back about? lol

Now that they see it was not a typical white male opressor imagined in their little heads that did the art, it will be even more difficult to justify their behaviour.

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
Lol, the thread on Resetera about the Polygon article has an explanation from CDPR. People are like "yeah, makes sense," in response to the same goddamn arguments that they banned people for in the other thread.
But it's not a response from those toxic transphobic manchildren. Totally different.

Edit: and besides, majority of those complaining would still buy and want to play Cyberpunk. So now that they have an excuse which the majority of the hive mind can accept they can release their collectively held breath.

Last edited:

Chacranajxy

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oct 13, 2008
But it's not a response from those toxic transphobic manchildren. Totally different.
Yeah, I guess. I mean, I come back to this when they throw a shitfit over there, but how do these people function in the real world? Like, I don't know how somebody lives so completely in a bubble.

Reactions: Fushitsusha

LeiShen

Sep 9, 2018
Yeah, I guess. I mean, I come back to this when they throw a shitfit over there, but how do these people function in the real world? Like, I don't know how somebody lives so completely in a bubble.
Why do you think they want safe spaces on campus and deplatforming of the other side of the argument with milkshakes. Precisely because it's very difficult to live in a real world with those kind of views.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady_PL

ZeroGravity

Dec 5, 2008
Imagine them having to explain cyberpunk to these people who claim to be interested in cyberpunk. And I'm sure they'll still fight it.

For what it's worth, I don't even agree with their stance that "hypersexualization = bad", but I also think they're completely within their right to express that and explore it within the game. Crazy, right?

SolarFry

Neo Member
Oct 29, 2017
Had me a good read of those threads and it's not surprising - it's the same 6-7 people shouting down the rest of the forum and getting people banned. Perfect example of "vocal minority".

Surprisingly a huge percent of the people are pretty level headed, threading lightly so they don't get banned but that raging mob. Not a fun way to be active in a forum but whatever.

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
Someone do tell me WHY they are so outraged? (however, don't say that word there, they will snitch on your ass and a trigger happy mod will ban you. Seen it happen to several posters there now, lol.)

And to think those folks there actually call GAF a cesspool, a mess and God knows what else. I'm sorry, but ever since I've joined, and before that I had been lurking here I only see posts that make sense and that are logical, well mostly. =)
As a recovered SJW, here's what I think, THINK, are the issues.

So first of all you've got the portrayal of a possible trans woman as a sex object, which is going to be setting people off both for objectification of a woman, and the Male gaze, both of which are amplified further as trans women are seen by the far left as doubley dehumanised by this objectification, as they are considered to be more oppressed and considered of less worth to society at large than cis women. PLUS you've got the added problem of attraction to trans women being considered a fetish if it's not from a 'diverse' enough outside group (as you'd expect, this is mostly an accusation leveled at white males, which are of course most of the game's developers and target audience).

Next, you've got the fact that the woman on the poster is close enough to conventional standards of beauty to be a further propergating the harmful body image of slim, beautiful and white, that is simply not possible for most people to ever attain, and is thus seen as an attack on anyone who is not those things.

Then, you've got the Mix It Up slogan, which implies being trans is a mix up or accident, and that they're both Male and female, which goes against far left biology which states they are and have always been women with women's penises, so there's nothing to mix up.

Lastly, there's the double whammy of far left hatred of non woke corporations, both in universe as any corporation using a trans woman to advertise will be assumed to be doing so with I'll intent, and because CDPR is already considered to be transphobic due to the Twitter joke hoo ha, which means this also must be a deliberate attack on the trans community.

I might be missing something, and the fact I'm a white cis het Male means I am automatically wrong regardless of how accurate I may have been, but yeah, it would tick a lot of intersectional boxes when it comes to problematic bigoted behaviour.

It's all total bollocks mind, but that's extremist dogma for you.

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Feb 17, 2019
These are probably the kind of people we re dealing with at Resetera

(pictures from pride lgbt parade)

Not exactly a role model for kids arent they
I am not understanding this post so if possible, enlighten me. Most people in these pics seem to be having a hell of a time. Is this being posted as being a bad thing? Also REEE is in my opinion the total opposite of having a good time and freedom so this being compared to Reee posters confuses me more?

Closer

Nov 19, 2018
Brazil
Is this seriously a woman with a penis or is that a baguette? If it is a penis why is it so gigantic? Is it a dude? What the hell is going on with this game?
You sound like someone that seriously needs to know more about how cyberpunk stuff works.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
I am not understanding this post so if possible, enlighten me. Most people in these pics seem to be having a hell of a time. Is this being posted as being a bad thing? Also REEE is in my opinion the total opposite of having a good time and freedom so this being compared to Reee posters confuses me more?
it could have something to do with a young boy and young girl staring down the abyss of some old man's soggy cock and balls

Last edited:

Ol'Scratch

Feb 17, 2019
it could have something to do with a young boy staring down the abyss of some old man's cock and balls

:messenger_grimmacing_
Well yes I have it on good authority that the kid is in fact a mod on Reee so I can see where that comes from.
Also I guess they could have meant the awkward family taking pictures too which would fit.

• Fire
Reactions: Tesseract

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006
I think it shows the cognitive dissonance going on. Nudity and sexuality is fine to be displayed at pride parades, but not in the context of a world were such things have diminished meaning due to body modification, where identity as a whole has an entirely different meaning. In Cyberpunk, a gay person could mod themselves straight if they wanted to, and vice versa. Identities are completely fluid.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
Well yes I have it on good authority that the kid is in fact a mod on Reee so I can see where that comes from.
Also I guess they could have meant the awkward family taking pictures too which would fit.
the display of old soggy cock and balls in front of children

I think it shows the cognitive dissonance going on. Nudity and sexuality is fine to be displayed at pride parades, but not in the context of a world were such things have diminished meaning due to body modification, where identity as a whole has an entirely different meaning. In Cyberpunk, a gay person could mod themselves straight if they wanted to, and vice versa. Identities are completely fluid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady_PL

Spukc

Jan 24, 2015
Fuck i wish i could troll as well as cd project red.
Using the same logic as Ree to deflect their own shit with more shit.
They basically divided by zero. Nothing pisses reee off more then this.
Day 1

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberPanda