What the hell is going on with Cyberpunk 2077? NSFW maybe.

LucidFeuer

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
can you expand upon thine own thoughtfulness of processes here
Poland as a culture is reactionary and conservative (in a bad way). Sometimes they're straight-up just racist or homophobic.

CDPR, you can tell by their Witcher franchise, are hypocrite reactionary cunts, which like any hypocrite will seem to want to appeal to SJWs...but the truth is that behind that they remains degenerate but subtle bigoted fucks. You can tell it by the trailers.

brap

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2018
Poland as a culture is reactionary and conservative (in a bad way). Sometimes they're straight-up just racist or homophobic.

CDPR, you can tell by their Witcher franchise, are hypocrite reactionary cunts, which like any hypocrite will seem to want to appeal to SJWs...but the truth is that behind that they remains degenerate but subtle bigoted fucks. You can tell it by the trailers.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008

no i cannot tell by the trailers, you probably shouldn't generalize a whole country like you are doing

Skyr

Sep 4, 2013

Generalizes a whole country and then proceeds to call them bigots.
Genius at work everybody.

LucidFeuer

Banned
Jan 28, 2018
no i cannot tell by the trailers, you probably shouldn't generalize a whole country like you are doing
Look it's a country that didn't hesitate a second to surrender to the Nazis and deported shit tons of people, today it's a country that hasn't evolved with old dumb fucks values and hypocrite morales, they have a neo-nazi party and an extreme-right wing party even though there's close to zero immigrants there.

I could've said the same of Russia, but nah they're independant, don't have nazi or extreme-right wing crap of that scale, they've evolved to some measure. But nah it's just those particular Hostel movie like shit-hole, albeit a beautiful one, I've been to Krakow, but the people there were mostly racist/homophobic/conservative couch-potato people.

Stilton Disco

Aug 22, 2014
UK
Look it's a country that didn't hesitate a second to surrender to the Nazis and deported shit tons of people, today it's a country that hasn't evolved with old dumb fucks values and hypocrite morales, they have a neo-nazi party and an extreme-right wing party even though there's close to zero immigrants there.

I could've said the same of Russia, but nah they're independant, don't have nazi or extreme-right wing crap of that scale, they've evolved to some measure. But nah it's just those particular Hostel movie like shit-hole, albeit a beautiful one, I've been to Krakow, but the people there were mostly racist/homophobic/conservative couch-potato people.
My word that escalated quickly.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
May 28, 2013

I'm sorry you won't be able to reply to this but your username rang a bell for me. I remember you at one time talking about how Asians didn't do whiteface and that you had never seen anything of the sort.

I mean...I've literally stopped listening to a K-pop girl group I liked because one of the girls mimicked White and Black girls in a fairly insulting manner. East Asian variety shows are filled with stereotypes too. Hell one of my favorite Korean variety show had a Avengers episode with a blackface Nick Fury. Hell they had a skit with Tom Hiddelston, with a Korean entertainer being Thor.

I know you are seething about your ban for racism, but you always said racism only came from Caucasians. Sometimes other ethnicities can do somewhat (and sometimes profoundly) unfunny/insulting fuckups too. I think that's the part you never got. Anyway cya!

Sorry this ban just brought these thoughts back in my brain.

Last edited:

Makariel

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018

Oh my...

I'm not sure what Krakow you've been to but the one I was in was dominated by a lovely medieval centre and the fantastic Jewish quarter. The only couch potatoes in sight were tourists, the locals were lovely.

SolarFry

Neo Member
Oct 29, 2017
Honestly, some of the people over there don't seem real to me. It's like they're some kind of parody, living just for moments like this. Every second post of theirs is "cis white males" and "privilege", "bigots" etc and that's apparently ok, but anyone who dares speak up against it gets banned. It's fascinating.
A lot of them seem to need professional help.

CyberPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
Honestly, some of the people over there don't seem real to me. It's like they're some kind of parody, living just for moments like this. Every second post of theirs is "cis white males" and "privilege", "bigots" etc and that's apparently ok, but anyone who dares speak up against it gets banned. It's fascinating.
Oh, those people are real, and I’ve met some in real life and they scare the fuck out of me. They live in a fucking bubble, and once it pops expect a loud Reeeeeee.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
No doubt a number of them do need professional help, but it's also a function of how the internet detaches people from reality and forges personas, along with the dangers of insular thought bubbles.

The people there have been conditioned into increasingly extreme vicious cycles of outrage, whereby they receive social incentives for freaking out and appropriating personal victimhood (leading to people pretending to be PoC etc.), while under constant threat of ostracization from the group for remaining calm (never mind actively speaking out against the norms).

This is the opposite of how a well-adjusted social group works, where positive attributes like competence, sociability, rationality, emotional control, and productivity are reinforced to the mutual benefit of everyone in the group.

It's part of why NeoGAF is experiencing rapid growth, and Reset is rapidly declining and filled with miserable people.

CyberPanda

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2019
No doubt a number of them do need professional help, but it's also a function of how the internet detaches people from reality and forges personas, along with the dangers of insular thought bubbles.

The people there have been conditioned into increasingly extreme vicious cycles of outrage, whereby they receive social incentives for freaking out and appropriating personal victimhood (leading to people pretending to be PoC etc.), while under constant threat of ostracization from the group for remaining calm (never mind actively speaking out against the norms).

This is the opposite of how a well-adjusted social group works, where positive attributes like competence, sociability, rationality, emotional control, and productivity are reinforced to the mutual benefit of everyone in the group.

It's part of why NeoGAF is experiencing rapid growth, and Reset is rapidly declining and filled with miserable people.
The help is there and they should seek it. But, the scary part is they think they act ‘normal’. It’s fascinating and scary to look at it from a distant perspective.

infinitys_7th

Oct 1, 2006

Just go ahead and call them meatheads, Archie.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
You should be able on a discussion board to post your opinion on a topic. Regardless of your race, gender, religion, nationality... ect. If you are offended, you should be able to say so and not be dogpiled for it. Same for it you aren't offended.

And without people who basically Jehovah Witness the fuck out of you. Going to threads and beating you in the head with why you should be offended (or shouldn't be offended). And that is something people always need to be alert about. Are you JW'ing? Even when you think you are right.

As long as you don't break the site rules, everyones opinion should matter equally. If people are able hold conversation in a mature manner, people will take in others experiences and knowledge. When you act as a mature person, you will find you gain allies that aren't in your group. When you act like an asshole, you will never make new allies, only those that are already your ally.

When you encourage open communication, people form friendship with people regardless of background. When you try to silence anything except your opinion, you only get silence for as long as you hold power. Afterwards they will attack you.

You look at someone like Jackie Robinson. How his actions and maturity was a huge part of the Civil Rights movement. And twitter mobs collectively... can get someone fired at Starbucks 🤔

I'm sure I am rambling too much. I'll stop lol.

chaos789

Nov 21, 2012
You do not grow as an individual by insulating yourself from people who disagree with you on any given topic. That is not to say you should tolerate racists or other forms of bigotry. But being challenged is a part of life and helps one grow and learn.

But this desire to label everyone “Nazi” who you disagree with is ridiculous. As I have once said before, I am a former Neo Nazi, but left that life 20 plus years ago. With that said, I feel I have a grasp on what constitutes a “Nazi”. Resetera seems to use the word Nazi, the same way someone uses the words bitch or asshole.

I am also tired of them confusing activism, with talking shit on a gaming forum or twitter. Activism involves actually doing something, such as being “physically” involved or volunteering. Not simply posting your opinion online.

Last edited:

GHG

Nov 9, 2006

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
You should be able on a discussion board to post your opinion on a topic. Regardless of your race, gender, religion, nationality... ect. If you are offended, you should be able to say so and not be dogpiled for it. Same for it you aren't offended.

And without people who basically Jehovah Witness the fuck out of you. Going to threads and beating you in the head with why you should be offended (or shouldn't be offended). And that is something people always need to be alert about. Are you JW'ing? Even when you think you are right.

As long as you don't break the site rules, everyones opinion should matter equally. If people are able hold conversation in a mature manner, people will take in others experiences and knowledge. When you act as a mature person, you will find you gain allies that aren't in your group. When you act like an asshole, you will never make new allies, only those that are already your ally.

When you encourage open communication, people form friendship with people regardless of background. When you try to silence anything except your opinion, you only get silence for as long as you hold power. Afterwards they will attack you.

You look at someone like Jackie Robinson. How his actions and maturity was a huge part of the Civil Rights movement. And twitter mobs collectively... can get someone fired at Starbucks 🤔

I'm sure I am rambling too much. I'll stop lol.
You do not grow as an individual by insulating yourself from people who disagree with you on any given topic. That is not to say you should tolerate racists or other forms of bigotry. But being challenged is a part of life and helps one grow and learn.

But this desire to label everyone “Nazi” who you disagree with is ridiculous. As I have once said before, I am a former Neo Nazi, but left that life 20 plus years ago. With that said, I feel I have a grasp on what constitutes a “Nazi”. Resetera seems to use the word Nazi, the same way someone uses the word ,bitch or asshole.

I am also tired of them confusing activism with talking shit on a gaming forum and twitter. Activism involves actually doing something, such as being active or volunteering. Not simply posting your opinion online.
Fine sentiments, but we also need to remain cognizant of the fact that not everyone is attempting to pursue the truth, especially so on the internet with the added layer of anonymity. Many are simply pushing an agenda and will not be swayed by evidence, logic or reason. Case in point from yesterday, our new conspiratorial friend, Psyhonk, and the day before that, Lamel. For this reason, it is counterproductive to resort to "both sides" and "all opinions are equal" because those types will take advantage of your generosity. So with that said, I will add a caveat to your ideas that I otherwise mostly agree with: initially assume that people are engaging with good intentions and respond in kind, but do not assume that all opinions are inherently equal or derived from critical analysis of the facts, and do not be afraid to say so when necessary.

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
Fine sentiments, but we also need to remain cognizant of the fact that not everyone is attempting to pursue the truth, especially so on the internet with the added layer of anonymity. Many are simply pushing an agenda and will not be swayed by evidence, logic or reason. Case in point from yesterday, our new conspiratorial friend, Psyhonk, and the day before that, Lamel. For this reason, it is counterproductive to resort to "both sides" and "all opinions are equal" because those types will take advantage of your generosity. So with that said, I will add a caveat to your ideas that I otherwise mostly agree with: initially assume that people are engaging with good intentions and respond in kind, but do not assume that all opinions are inherently equal or derived from critical analysis of the facts, and do not be afraid to say so when necessary.
Good point. Exactly why Discussion is useful and statement is just spinning wheels

Cheers cunt!

Mista

Dragonslayer
Nov 21, 2014
Damn it. What the hell am I going to do with all these now? :

I bought enough for everyone to have one as well.

I guess I'll just save them for next time, won't be long now.

Good to see you here fellow Gooner :)

Reactions: GHG

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018

Glad that calling an entire nation bigoted isn't itself an act of bigotry. The Witcher 3 is probably one of the most will written games out there, treating players as adults and dealing with themes of adulthood, no not just tits and are, I mean difficult emotional topics like miscarriage, alcoholism, etc. Just because they don't pander to your every whim doesn't make them bigoted, especially when the bigotry is coming from you.

hariseldon

Aug 22, 2018
I know you are seething about your ban for racism, but you always said racism only came from Caucasians. Sometimes other ethnicities can do somewhat (and sometimes profoundly) unfunny/insulting fuckups too. I think that's the part you never got. Anyway cya!

Sorry this ban just brought these thoughts back in my brain.
I've discussed this before but yes other races are racist. I worked in Thailand in a school and the parents were furious when we employed a black teacher, and apoplectic when we added a second. Black people don't generally have a good time there.

Also on the whiteface thing.. skin whitening cream is hugely popular there.

Screamer-RSA

Nov 19, 2018
Last edited: