• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the Hell is Going on With The New Silent Hill Game?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It would make a lot of sense for Konami to take the licensing and outsourcing approach, if you think about it. It's clear that they don't think investing in development of AAA games is a good idea, but Konami has a stable of some of the best properties in gaming, and their value is undeniable, and clear for all to see. If they can make money off of these properties by partnering with other developers and having them work on new entries in major franchises, why wouldn't they?

At this point, that's little more than conjecture- but then again, conjecture and a truckload of rumours are all we have right now. Supposedly, a reveal for Silent Hill's revival is imminent, so one way or another, we'll know soon enough just what the future looks like for the series- or if it even has a future.

Supposedly, a reveal for Silent Hill's revival is imminent, so one way or another, we'll know soon enough just what the future looks like for the series- or if it even has a future.

I hope so. It will be nice for the speculation to be put to rest. If it's coming, let it come. If it isn't coming, let us down gently.

I think it's coming, and I hope it kicks ass.

I hear rumors there could be two seperate (and completely different) Silent Hill projects, by two different studios.

A more traditional game by either Studio Japan or Bluepoint that is a PS5 exclusive and possibly one by Bloober Team that is a similar walking simulator like their other games such as Blair Witch and The Medium (that would be multi-platform, but possibly a timed Xbox console exclusive, like their other games).

Cravis

The Silent Hill team is long gone. Anything that comes out with the moniker of Silent Hill will be in name only.

hTvsmPf.jpg

Naked Lunch

The Silent Hill team is long gone. Anything that comes out with the moniker of Silent Hill will be in name only.
Seriously. Silent Hill 1-3 was it - as good as it will ever get. They gave us plenty.
Not understanding the hype for a new entry. Its been proven time and again that no one understands the franchise outside of the original team.

Top Bottom