• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What the 'R' means in Super Bomberman R

SOR5

Konami said:
“R is a throw back feel for the Devs. to when games could simply have a letter and allow that letter to carry many meanings. It symbolized Returns & Reborn because this game is such a homage to SNES and SB3. But it also mean Rangers, to represent the diverse and colorful group of Bomberman characters who patrol the galaxy.”

Source

And there you go

tumblr_ngsgtrPihw1qd4q8ao1_500.gif

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
So it's a throwback to when Japanese shit always had a random ass letter on the end.

See also Dragon Ball Z, Mega Man X, Sailor Moon R.

I hope this has a decent single player element to it. I'm not asking for Bomberman 64 or anything, but I remember loving to play the single player mode in Bomberman Online for Sega Dreamcast (one of the most underrated games in the series), and I'd settle for that kind of game at least.

Konami needs to spread the Bomberman love and I know the PS4 could use more couch multiplayer games like this one too!

Super Bomberman R is the best idea Konami has had since MGS4!

IrishNinja

really want this along with Zelda at launch but I got the former in LE and don't have another $50 sadly...hoping for good reviews & the usual post launch price drop here

jax

Banned
Best launch title ever. Looking forward to some intense 8 player multiplayer sessions of this ... anywhere!

Noice! I like that. I never paid much mind to it and sorta assumed it meant reimagining/reboot or something along those lines, so dat's cool. Tis my game of choice for the Switch launch along with Zelda.

mindatlarge

61IUnaiEkBL.jpg

Love that these smaller releases are getting physical versions on the Switch. They did a great job on the box art, imo.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
61IUnaiEkBL.jpg

Love that these smaller releases are getting physical versions on the Switch. They did a great job on the box art, imo.
Am I..... going to buy a physical videogame with the name Konami on the box again?

Top Bottom