• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game that year? 2007 edition.

So many great games, but my favorite will have to be Metroid Prime 3 with its great controls, interesting locales, expanded universe, and a fitting end to the trilogy.

Other noteworthies:

Final Fantasy VI Advance
Mass Effect
The Orange Box
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney-Trials and Tribulations
Super Mairo Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Test Drive Unlimited

- Assassin's Creed
- Call of Duty 4
- Crackdown
- Forza Motorsport 2
- Halo 3
- Heavenly Sword
- Mass Effect
- Motorstorm
- The Orange Box
- Project Gotham Racing 4
- Rainbow Six: Vegas
- Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
- Warhawk

These were my big games in 2007. The bolded ones are the games that have come to define the year for me.

Klart

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PS3) (no langer a CoD fan now, but back then the MP was wonderful)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3) (never played one before and I was amazed by the freedom you get in that game and the exploring that could be done)
Warhawk (PS3) (still remember the first time a Warhawk flew over me, this game was MP heaven)

Sanctuary

Mass Effect, if it counts. I played it on the 360 at release and dropped it after about eight hours of fighting with the crappy controls/inventory and picked it up the following year on PC.

God of War 2, Bioshock and The Witcher were my other favorites.

Biggest letdown for sure: Assassin's Creed. Was hoping for a Tenchu like game, but instead got a Fedex via Parkour simulator.

Best year in the History of Videogames.

'97 and '98 say "hi".

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
tumblr_nircqnlNW91slig2vo1_400.gif

tumblr_nirc9ytAqq1slig2vo1_500.gif

tumblr_nnl3yof0wA1slig2vo1_400.gif

tumblr_nki3htDAJg1slig2vo1_1280.jpg

I fucking love VF5

Mass effect which is my favorite game of all time. That game made me care about plot and characters in a way no other has before. It was so important to developing my tastes as a gamer. Bioshock comes at a very close second for that year as well, with halo 3 hanging out in the third spot. That was the year that defines my prior years xbox 360 purchase. I hope that soon we get another year like 2007. So many generation defining new ip came out that year

Have to pick two, Mass Effect & Warhawk. Mass Effect was easily my favourite 360 exclusive at the time as was Warhawk on PS3.

I would so much love to see Warhawk come back on PS4, even if it's just a port.

tootie923

Uncharted: DF at the time, with Warhawk as a runner-up, my first real console online MP addiction. I put an embarrassing number of hours into that game. It's a shame that Starhawk took away everything that was fun about the first game.

Edit: Wow, Folklore too, I had forgotten about that one.

I didn't played Bioshock and Mass Effect until 2008-09 when I got a 360.

Garnox

Mass Effect. Started it then but didn't finish it until years later, like until ME3 came out years later. Became one of my favorite franchises.

Close second would be Halo 3 and Rock Band. Had a blast at the time playing those with the friends.

I think I'd have to go with Uncharted. It was my first ever game on PS3, and I still remember starting it up for the first time and being blown away by the graphic quality. It felt like a true step into the next generation of gaming. I was in awe.

CoD:MW is the other big one. That was really my first experience playing online multiplayer, and with me being in university at the time, I poured a lot of time into it.

ramparter

Banned
Thinking about Mario Galaxy reminds me of the simpler times of not even being a teenager yet. Life was so much simpler...

I played Mario Galaxy at my twenties as a college student and it reminded me of the fun I had when I played back in the 90s. Now I realize it's been almost 10 years. I wonder if Super Mario Odyssey will make me feel the same.

I loved many games in 2007 but nothing comes close to Super Mario Galaxy.

This is tough, but I think I have to give it to Halo 3. The game that got me into multiplayer in a way that no other game has managed since. Not to mention how fantastic that campaign is.

Honorable mentions to Bioshock, Mass Effect, Portal, HL2:E2, Modern Warfare... man, 2007 was a stunning year

A lot of great pc games released that year. At the time europa universalis III and total war: Kingdoms were the biggest games for me. But there was also crysis, stalker, Supreme commander etc etc.

Lylo

Great year, i have to choose more than one:

Super Mario Galaxy
God of War II
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Bioshock

Waji

Mario Galaxy.
That was a terrible generation to me... It was so hard to find a game in the list I really wanted to chose.

Rathorial

Gears of War

Made cover based shooting actually fun, and unlike other mimics that came afterward actually had creative weapon and enemy variety. The chainsaw Lancer one of the few and probably most iconic weapons of that gen. Series only continued to get better with later entries, even if it peaked with 3, and 4 showing promise.

dude

dude
Mask of the Betrayer - though I didn't know it at the time. I played it two years later, I think, after EviLore praised it in some thread. It was one of the best RPGs I played in years, and one of my favorites to this day. Excellent game even though it's built on the mess that is NWN2.

Portal - I don't really need to explain this one.

MisterP

Banned
I'd pretty much given up on console gaming around this period due to time constraints so it was always going to be a PC game I'd opt for that I could have a quick blast of whilst I was sat at the desktop

So The Orange Box it is then. Which it still would be if I were playing console games anyway. I wanted HL Ep2 but the inclusion of Portal which I didn't know much about was the icing on the cake.

To this day I give it a full play through every few months. It was an ingenious little game and that I have yet to play its sequel is bizarre to say the least.

Top Bottom