• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your most expensive purchase recently?

Weilthain

Banned
Just redone a lot of the house. Carpets, walls, ceilings, the largest sofa you have ever seen and now windows since 2 are dead and dangerous. And the most expensive furniture made for the bedroom.

This cost a hell of a lot so to reward myself I’m buying a kitchen table that is also a pool table. The other furniture doesn’t turn into a pool table it’s only fair.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I bought a used lens for like $400. I'm about to buy solar for the roof, $34k :(

Paltheos

I'm about to buy a new car (for the first time - I've always been on used before this). Looking to be around $25k for what I want.

Fortunately my bills are very low so I'll still be in the black after this.

I picked up a 2nd hand (pre owned) Schecter bass guitar for £220 and I had to pay £270 for a dental crown but I dont really consider that a purchase
£269.30 to be precise :messenger_winking:. Had a route canal done recently, but I need a gum graft too as I have spaces between my front teeth. Since I didn't get it done back then, I'll have to pay all over again :messenger_pouting:.

jolof96

£269.30 to be precise :messenger_winking:. Had a route canal done recently, but I need a gum graft too as I have spaces between my front teeth. Since I didn't get it done back then, I'll have to pay all over again :messenger_pouting:.
I know the feeling, I need a referral to the dental hospital which was closed in error, and i cant have my falsies put in until ive been the dental hospital, and because of that, it will be another £269.30

I know the feeling, I need a referral to the dental hospital which was closed in error, and i cant have my falsies put in until ive been the dental hospital, and because of that, it will be another £269.30
We're only given 2 whole months in order to do the additional work inside and that's not enough, especially since there are multiple procedures needed doing. I had a route canal done on my two teeth followed by two fillings and a deep cleaning, but I would like a gum grant on my front teeth. Sucks for you though, as I only have to pay another £62 and you £270. Hope I never have to reach stage 3 of dental care.

Uhtred

Its going on as I type this, $6,000 surgery on my dogs elbow to reconstruct it. :( Im fooked for life. All goin on my AMEX which already has $4,000 on it, Im 10k in the hole. :(

Last edited:

appaws

Banned
My Kentucky Wildcats season tix, along with a donation to be a part of the "K" Club is like $1400. They still call it a "donation" even though it is mandatory. I also buy NFL Sunday Ticket cause I live in the Bluegrass but if I miss a Bears game I fall apart emotionally.

I need to buy a car soon. I am still driving my 2007 Mercury. I test drove a Grand Cherokee and it was super nice. 35k though.

Greedings

While not super recent, the whole process of getting married. Ring, wedding, honeymoon. It added up to about 50 grand in total. I'm super lucky that just tightening my belt meant I could afford it, but I man do I miss living like a person with disposable income.

Dude you have to post a picture.

Sorry. I like to keep my online persona anonymous.

Really? Are they that much? I was just trying to convince my wife to let me get one!

Depends on where you go, and what you want to get. My forearm was done rather cheaply. I got 22 tatts on my forearm though. So it probably added up to around 5k total.

Avg is around $100 an hour. For a decent artist. I paid $300 an hour for mines.

jts

...hate me...
Probably a kayak that I fucking regret.

More recently (but cheaper) a Kyosho Mini-Z car.

Quasicat

My 2011 Equinox finally crapped out on me with the cost to repair it being far more than it was worth. I took it to a dealership and they gave me a decent amount for a new Hyundai Tucson. My wife swears by them. Her 09 Elantra has almost 175,000 and we have barely put anything into it in 10 years. I can’t say that about the Equinox. I never thought I would be done with GM products, but that Chevy soured me for awhile.

Last edited:

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Probably the recent Apple service on my 'book. Swapping the battery costs ya $200 buckaroos but at least she doesn't complain any longer. :messenger_face_steam:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
While not super recent, the whole process of getting married. Ring, wedding, honeymoon. It added up to about 50 grand in total. I'm super lucky that just tightening my belt meant I could afford it, but I man do I miss living like a person with disposable income.

WTF

highrider

Banned

Man, that’s a down payment on a property or a respectable investment in a business that could be making you recurring income right now. I mean, most couples I meet that have extravagant weddings are young really can’t afford it. It seems like a lot of pressure on the marriage. Anyway, I’m nobody to judge but be careful bro. I’m hoping you had some financial help from the bride and her family.

Last edited:

gatti-man

Rolex Datejust 41mm with custom face. 11.5k
2oika6X.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom