• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
My source informed me that it was ok to reveal that they are an Employee that works for Nintendo of America’s Marketing. This is safe to reveal since Nintendo of America is made up of mostly either marketing or corporate positions.

Nintendo as a company is designed in a way that nobody knows the entire picture of what Nintendo is working besides the few people in upper positions, so any leaker that says they have a Nintendo "source" and seems to be saying everything Nintendo fans want to hear should be a dead giveaway as fake. The people in a position to know NX details are not automatically going to know about different games in development (Strong NDA?), developers really are the only ones that know what they are making, and Nintendo marketing only works with a few projects at a time with marketing budgets usually refer to codenames to keep projects secret.

The proof shown to me was an internal US marketing budget and scheduling overview for 2016 focusing on Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo NX Launch games for 2016 besides Zelda NX and marketing focus remain hidden for now
Wii U $34.5 million marketing budget for 2016 total – Zelda Wii U has $10 million with the possibility of the funding being switched to Zelda NX version depending on launch timing in 2016.
3DS $56.25 million marketing budget for 2016 total

3DS release list 2016:
Spring-Early Summer
Mario and Sonic Rio 2016
Nintendo Selects Wave 1
Hyrule Warriors Legends
Disney Art Academy
Bravely Second
Code Name: “Caviar F” (casual friendly smaller budget game)
Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Summer
Code name: “Torte City” big budget unannounced game for all gamers core/all ages
Dragon Quest VII
Code name: “Cadillac” (casual friendly smaller budget game late summer)

Fall-Holiday
3DS Hardware Price Cut
Code name: “N-Stars” big budget game for all ages
Nintendo Selects Wave 2
Code name: “DMW2” possibly Disney Magical World 2
Dragon Quest VIII
Pokémon 20th Anniversary game “Niji” Japanese translation: “Rainbow”
So the only nx info you have is Zelda NX ? Bro we need a date when this thing is going to start off...that's what we want...the anticipation

Malus

Yay codenames.

Cadillac DLC for MK9 confirmed

The NX home console 2016 train keeps on rolling along. I want it. I need it. In all of its gimmicky goodness.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Pokémon... Rainbow?

Red, Blue, Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Ruby, Diamond, Platinum
Black, White (1 and 2)
X and Y
Rainbow

The implications

Edit: But yeah, looking at the launch lineup this year (which is kinda looking pathetic in the case of the Wii U, and not sure how I feel about the 3DS lineup), I'd say these lists are a dead giveaway that the two consoles are shimmying their way down into their graves and haven't been quite buried yet. Oh well, this increases my hopes of Monster Hunter X and Stories on the supposed NX Handheld, since I'd feel like a dumbass for selling my 3DS recently if my gut was wrong and the two games came out on 3DS.

boclfon

Neo Member
Red, Blue, Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Ruby, Diamond, Platinum
Black, White (1 and 2)
X and Y
Rainbow

The implications

imagine if rainbow was the dream pokemon game?

every continent in one game...

rainbow is a mixture of many colors, pokemon games are based on colors (minus x and y)...

presto, pokemon world

My source informed me that it was ok to reveal that they are an Employee that works for Nintendo of America’s Marketing. This is safe to reveal since Nintendo of America is made up of mostly either marketing or corporate positions.

I frankly can't fathom why anyone at Nintendo would risk their job (especially after what happened to Chris Pranger) to release information that most here have already guessed months ago. If this person is really who they say they are, I hope they aware they are playing with fire.

Anth0ny

just realized that sony revealed the ps4 on feb 20, 2013

xbone reveal was may 21, 2013

hopefully nintendo reveals the nx somewhere in between that. waiting for e3 would be a big mistake imo

Nightbird

Pokémon Rainbow?
I don't like the sound of this. Mostly because that's not the first time someone tries to convince me that that's gonna be the new game (Flashback to January 2013 before Pokémon XY were announced)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Kinda agreed, but I think they could tie it into their myNintendo program and still be well off.

Say, you buy 6+ retail games, you get 2 GB worth of cloudsaves for a year.

I hope they don't aim for the blatant cash grabs that are Gold and PS+.

MS actually give you unlimited cloud saves for free - you get them with a standard XBL account, you don't need gold.

Surprised me. Only Sony put online saves behind a subscription and they even restrict it to n,y the account holder - it's the only PS+ feature that isn't shared with other accounts on the console.

You know, doing a full-on 20th anniversary Pokemon game instead of a typical Pokemon Z actually seems like a really smart move. I hope that's true.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
You know, doing a full-on 20th anniversary Pokemon game instead of a typical Pokemon Z actually seems like a really smart move. I hope that's true.

A game that specifically celebrates all of Pokemon would fit very well into a Pokemon Rainbow title, considering each past game were all based on colors and such (except X and Y which really boiled down to Blue and Red anyway, with a hypothetical Z being green).

Either way, if this Pokemon Rainbow is what it sounds like, I think this is going to be THE swan song for the 3DS.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

Are you sure it's okay to share the marketing budget info? That seems oddly specific. If your source is okay with it, though, then I suppose it's fine.

Disney Art Academy is a pleasant surprise. If Federation Force is spring/summer, then we should be hearing about it soon. For all of those various games, it sounds like a Direct needs to come, especially when paired with the assertion that Star Fox Zero will stay in April. We need more info. Unless they're all releasing after E3...

Caviar F? Torte City? Cadillac? N-Stars? Pokémon Rainbow? I'm curious how these code names are chosen...does it relate to the game or is it entirely random? If it's related in more than just a random small detail kind of way, N-Stars sounds like it could be a Smash-like game in that it pulls from various Nintendo franchises. Perhaps the amiibo cross-franchise game is finally coming? Also, it's curious that the Pokémon game is noted as being the 20th anniversary game. Perhaps it's not Z. Or maybe Z is going to be more special than the typical third game. I expect one of those games to be made by HAL.

The price cut sounds about right. 3DS has been at its current price point for a while, even if the n3DS replacement could technically be seen as a price change. I'm expecting both models to drop at least $20 so that it's $150 and $180. Ideally, I'd say they should drop by $30-$50 ($140/$170 - $120/$150); 2DS can stay at $100 or drop to $80. That would make room for a portable NX to arrive in 2016 or 2017 at $200.

Trevelyan9999: you said there's an unannounced Wii U game. Do you have the code name for that?

Interesting info. Personally, I find this really interesting, more interesting than the NX info you have, but I suppose its audience isn't exactly this thread. Thanks for sharing!

watershed

Banned
Is Trev or his source confirmed? I don't believe these leaks. When have we ever had auch detailed information leaking directly from NoA?

Champion

Judging by that lineup, this year really is these system's last hurrah. Those are some weird code names though.
We kinda already knew that though, right? The writing has been on the wall for quite some time now.

Kudos to Nintendo though if they actually have big budget games on the horizon this late in the 3DS' life. I feel like that's been a big issue for them in the console space.

Is Trev or his source confirmed? I don't believe these leaks. When have we ever had auch detailed information leaking directly from NoA?

He's waiting for verification from bishoptl to my knowledge but he's been swearing by it extremely strongly.

A game that specifically celebrates all of Pokemon would fit very well into a Pokemon Rainbow title, considering each past game were all based on colors and such (except X and Y which really boiled down to Blue and Red anyway, with a hypothetical Z being green).

Either way, if this Pokemon Rainbow is what it sounds like, I think this is going to be THE swan song for the 3DS.

Absolutely. Sounds like a fantastic last hurrah for the 3DS to go out with. If it's true, I'd have no problems with this year's 3DS lineup at all.

Oh really? I missed that.

He mentioned it in the Zelda 2016 post.

Key Wii U releases for 2016:

Coming very soon (new few months): A new Minecraft project featuring Nintendo IP (Nintendo characters), which could be a new title or simply add-on content, is coming to the Wii U (of course I speculate that it’s DLC for Minecraft Wii U Edition)

April: StarFox Zero still on track to release

Summer: Mario and Sonic: Rio 2016

Second Half of 2016 has the second Wave of Nintendo Selects coming but only has 1 unannounced new Wii U game releasing besides: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Zelda Wii U

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
He's waiting for verification from bishoptl to my knowledge but he's been swearing by it extremely strongly.

Absolutely. Sounds like a fantastic last hurrah for the 3DS to go out with. If it's true, I'd have no problems with this year's 3DS lineup at all.

He mentioned it in the Zelda 2016 post.

That's probably the most interesting thing I'm seeing on this list, this Pokemon Rainbow.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I really want bishoptl to confirm wheter or not your source is reliable or not as soon as possible, damn it.
Anyway, what I can assume from that

- some of those codenames have to be for the usual trio of yet-to-be-localised games, the ones we always mention: Rhythm Heaven, Picross, Style Savvy. Just like DMW2 stands for Disney Magical World 2

Caviar F and Cadillac could really fit both RH and Picross. N-Stars maybe is Style Savvy (I mean, it seems to have a good budget behind, and it's for all ages in a sense)

- Disney Art Academy is really specific. I agree with Hero of Legend here: that's a title we won't have too much problems to verify if it's announced.

EDIT: I just thought that Yokai Watch 2 could be hiding somewhere in there, even if one of the codenames specifies "unannounced".
Also: if Disney Art Academy is without a codename, I suppose this means it should release soon enough (heck, even April I'd say)

That's probably the most interesting thing I'm seeing on this list, this Pokemon Rainbow.

I gotta say, seeing this list has totally justified my decision to stay up late tonight. I'm starved for Nintendo news and man is this juicy.

Also, for the record, Nintendo World Report said something similar.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/41882/rumor-cats-wii-u-in-2016

NWR believes Paper Mario, Mother 3, and one other unannounced Wii U game will be announced this year.

Look in the article where it says, "The Big Cat Has One More Kitten".

They may be backing up Emily Rogers' claims that those are coming (Paper Mario being backed up by ShockingAlberto and Tamaki also).

Ah awesome, thanks! Hopefully that is paper Mario and we find out some info about it soonish

No prob! Paper Mario might be an E3 announcement or a "one last thing" megaton in a pre-E3 direct focusing on the Wii U and 3DS lineups, if I had to guess. So, yeah. Junea t the latest, we'll know.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I doubt there was much collaboration needed from Samsung, Epic were on the Vulkan working group and were likely one of the first developers to start seriously integrating Vulkan into their engine. Does provide a little highlight of the rendering abilities of modern mobile GPUs, though.
I too wondered what could possibly be the samsung connection. Turns out it was their new SoC (custom ARMv8) and ue4 running on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIdNoSB69PI

Oddduck

I gotta say, seeing this list has totally justified my decision to stay up late tonight. I'm starved for Nintendo news and man is this juicy.

They may be backing up Emily Rogers' claims that those are coming (Paper Mario being backed up by ShockingAlberto and Tamaki also).

Maybe, but those three never said anything about a third unannounced Wii U game. (At least from what I can recall?)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Red, Blue, Yellow
Gold, Silver, Crystal
Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Ruby, Diamond, Platinum
Black, White (1 and 2)
X and Y
Rainbow

The implications

Edit: But yeah, looking at the launch lineup this year (which is kinda looking pathetic in the case of the Wii U, and not sure how I feel about the 3DS lineup), I'd say these lists are a dead giveaway that the two consoles are shimmying their way down into their graves and haven't been quite buried yet. Oh well, this increases my hopes of Monster Hunter X and Stories on the supposed NX Handheld, since I'd feel like a dumbass for selling my 3DS recently if my gut was wrong and the two games came out on 3DS.

Yeah I don't buy how that 3DS line up is strong or is enough to push an NX handheld out to next year. Nintendo have released new hardware while the previous gen is still doing well, so why wait until it's literally on its last legs?

Only logical reason I can think of for delaying a handheld in the west is logistics - either issues supplying enough units of both globally (especially if they launch the handheld in Japan this year), and/or their sales and marketing being able to support marketing both units at the same time - oerhaos they feel a staggers launch will be more practical.

Maybe, but those three never said anything about a third unannounced Wii U game. (At least from what I can recall?)

Oh, you're right. I'm tired and misread. I see!

Could be a third-party game or something? Maybe Sonic? I dunno how out of the question it is for the Sonic anniversary game to be on Wii U and NX.

TLZ

Banned
This is like the third or fourth time you've called for me to get banned. Junior pls.

Third or fourth? Really? I just said it once, when you proposed the challenge. Who's bullshitting now?

And Junior? Heh. You really want to go there?

You will be mourned when the mods send you to the guillotine.

Guys my uncle works for Nintendo, PM me and I'll tell you if the dress is gold and white or black and blue.

This is all bull probably.

This Trev guy is probably bullshitting.

He don't know shit. In fact I'm willing to bet my avatar on it. If his information is somehow legit I'll change my avatar to Kirito from SAO for four months.

If this isn't trolling, I don't know what is.

You've constantly jumped down his throat and made your point clear a good number of times, and you're still going. The guy has gone above and beyond to prove he's legit, contacting several mods in the process. He doesn't come across as the usual faker. He seems like a sound person. Add to that the "innocent until proven guilty" stance that we should have. If he's a fake then he's a very good one.

This being neogaf, we should know who's real from fake, from experience alone. You have the choice not to believe him, but you don't go above and beyond to shit on him like you're currently doing. This mentality of yours is what might just drive any proper leakers away. I say we take on board all kinds and we filter away the fakes. We have mods to deal with this too.

And a FYI, I might be a 'junior/newbie' here, but I'm no junior IRL, and that is what counts. I don't know how that is relevant anyway.

Well you should be 'senior' enough anyway to stick to your word and take a 'ban' on the chin ;)

Lingitiz

If that 3DS lineup is real then that's quite a solid year overall. SMT 4 Final will probably get localized too.

Really interested in the possibilities of what Pokemon Rainbow implies.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I'm willing to trust Trevelyan9999 for now. If he is indeed faking things, we will either never hear from a mod and/or he will be banned soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom