• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What we know so far about the Nintendo NX with sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mannnnn reading this thread has been something else hahaha :D

I went through the same as you Trevelyan (but not trying to verify my source) and was laughed for several threads (later redeemed).

In the end I thought it was not worthy so now the little information I get I keep it to myself and enjoy reading all kind of speculation from people here.

My only contribution:

- ShockingAlberto has been wrong before so I don't understand why a "ahahaha" post is taken as gospel (no offense to ShockingAlberto).
- Cadillac is the New Style Boutique game (so you only need to speculate about the other ones).

E3 is around the corner guys, be patient! :)

Dont blame you. Nintendo fans in particular are extremely jaded

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
10 million sounds super low for Zelda's marketing budget, though it is only in one territory.
But, despite only revealing one new game there are several listings for it that popped up so I guess there's no need to be too skeptical.
Caviar F could be Yokai Watch (main Yokai is a cat) or a Callie Marie rhythm game (sounds like something they'd do)
Pokemon rainbow is funny since that's the fake "leaked" Pokemon that gets announced every year :p
N-Stars sounds like Nintendo Stars but that's probably too obvious

10 million alone for Zelda is quite a lot since its a) Zelda b) will be part of the NX marketing strategy anyway.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

I went through the same as you Trevelyan (but not trying to verify my source) and was laughed for several threads (later redeemed).

In the end I thought it was not worthy so now the little information I get I keep it to myself and enjoy reading all kind of speculation from people here.

My only contribution:

- ShockingAlberto has been wrong before so I don't understand why a "ahahaha" post is taken as gospel (no offense to ShockingAlberto).
- Cadillac is the New Style Boutique game (so you only need to speculate about the other ones).

FYI, Orgen was the first one (in the world?) to post that Pokémon B&W2 was a thing, and for DS again. So much laughs at first, but then, it really happened. He recently hinted at Pokémon Go before its announcement too.

maxcriden

Yokai Watch 2 wasn't hinted but I'd be surprised if NoA skips it.

For 3DS, DQMJ3 is as big budget as it can get, giant open world, rideable monsters and full online modes. DQM games sell no less than 2m in Japan, I guess they have "mass appeal".

Thanks for the info. Do they typically do well in the West, though? I always had the impression they were more niche here.

It's entirely possible he was juniored and returned to member status. Unsure what happened back in 2012 though, that was before my GAF time. If only Parody Thread Urges was around back then.

I do think F-Zero is coming back eventually. I wonder if the new controller or HH control input will entice them to make a new game.

I don't think the control scheme is the deal breaker for Miyamoto that he made it sound, rather it was him dropping a crafty hint that next gen comes with new inputs and they're considering fzero for it.

Neoxon

My only contribution:

So I guess Caviar F is Rhythm Heaven Plus if Cadillac is Style Savvy.

I don't think the control scheme is the deal breaker for Miyamoto that he made it sound, rather it was him dropping a crafty hint that next gen comes with new inputs and they're considering fzero for it.
Didn't we get a confirmation that Nintendo wanted Criterion to make it? I guess they didn't have any internal studio that would be better off making that so they decided against it.
After Wii U failed to take off I guess green lighting big projects like that for niche games was off the table

Didn't we get a confirmation that Nintendo wanted Criterion to make it? I guess they didn't have any internal studio that would be better off making that so they decided against it.
After Wii U failed to take off I guess green lighting big projects like that for niche games was off the table

Yeah but the comment I am referring to was only last year iirc.
edit: early January 2015. He'd have a damn good idea if they had 'a new type of controller interface' by that point, which is why I see it as a cheeky hint more than anything.

wrowa

Leaking the release schedule (+ project names for unannounced games) and specific marketing budgets is quite something. It's nice to see this kind of information, but I'm a bit shocked the employee thought it was a good idea to leak this. Even without NX info, this is incredibly sensible information and a serious breach of trust. Does he really think NoA won't try to trace this back?

If this is all legit and true (including him working for NoA marketing), then I just don't get it.

Neoxon

Leaking the release schedule (+ project names for unannounced games) and specific marketing budgets is quite something. It's nice to see this kind of information, but I'm a bit shocked the employee thought it was a good idea to leak this. Even without NX info, this is incredibly sensible information and a serious breach of trust. Does he really think NoA won't try to trace this back?

If this is all legit and true (including him working for NoA marketing), then I just don't get it.
Supposedly the source is safe according to Trev. So either Trev's source put something in the leak that wouldn't directly trace back to him/her, or NoA is more focused on making sure that major NX details don't leak.

bachikarn

He has also gone out of his way to prove himself to Gaf mods. Seems a bit odd.

Banned

My only contribution:

I wasn't one of the people who laughed at you because I don't even remember you or that thread lol. But I understand your restraint.

DrWong

My only contribution:

Thx. It solidify Trev's leak.

Orgen

Dont blame you. Nintendo fans in particular are extremely jaded

I had a user insult me and telling me I was full of shit in the thread and 2 months later begging me to tell him the next game from Retro Studios through PM.

I understand that everyone should doubt by default but a lot of people acted like spoiled ungrateful brats so I decided not to share more info. And I'm seeing the same behaviour from some users here so I'm a bit saddened seeing that this issue didn't get solved :|

Even if the source is safe, it's an incredibly selfish move. You can bet that anyone involving in marketing at NOA is being suspected at the moment. And there are things way more comfortable than being suspected (or even worse, accused) when you are innocent...

DNAbro

I had a user insult me and telling me I was full of shit in the thread and 2 months later begging me to tell him the next game from Retro Studios through PM.

I understand that everyone should doubt by default but a lot of people acted like spoiled ungrateful brats so I decided not to share more info. And I'm seeing the same behaviour from some users here so I'm a bit saddened seeing that this issue didn't get solved :|

that's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Neoxon

I'm sorry that you had to deal with that. It's honestly just a select few that's acting that way. Most of us, myself included, are appreciative that you guys are going through the effort of leaking this stuff out. Hell, Trev going out of his way to verify himself on GAF is more than enough proof that he isn't just taking us for a ride.

I understand that everyone should doubt by default but a lot of people acted like spoiled ungrateful brats so I decided not to share more info.And I'm seeing the same behaviour from some users here so I'm a bit saddened seeing that this issue didn't get solved :|

Sorry you had to go through that man.

daakusedo

It's cool to have a long time member being a source of infos, we know him a bit and it's easier to gauge what's legit. Too bad for people that can't and resort to "everything is fake" using systematism instead of thinking about each case on its own. For whatever reasons, it seems to upset usual contrarians too.

Neoxon

It's cool to have a long time member being a source of infos, we know him a bit and it's easier to gauge what's legit. Too bad for people that can't and resort to "everything is fake" using systematism instead of thinking about each case on its own. For whatever reasons, it seems to upset usual contrarians too.
If I recall, it's only Spyder_Monkey who's instantly dismissing the leaks from Trev as elaborate fakes.

Go to nintengen.com and everything is in the latest two articles.

May as well plug the website for all the tentertainment is has brought here.

Unless that's not allowed for some reason, if so, ill remove it.
You should also mention that Orgen confirmed that Cadillac is the new Style Savvy game's localization.

ViciousDS

Banned

well

you do have a lost and found avatar lol.....ironic isn't it XD....
favorite mudvayne album

Right. The fact is, it is not difficult to understand who's telling the truth and who's not. The same goes for "pictures leak". A friend of mine leaked some Pokémon back then, through screencaps from the console - pictures were obviously real, but plenty of people doubted then and it was funny to read how people tried to "uncover" the truth behind them.

DNAbro

Right. The fact is, it is not difficult to understand who's telling the truth and who's not. The same goes for "pictures leak". A friend of mine leaked some Pokémon back then, through screencaps from the console - pictures were obviously real, but plenty of people doubted then and it was funny to read how people tried to "uncover" the truth behind them.

I remember when the Smash leaks came out and people tried to disprove them in the dumbest ways. Like one of the lines was to big on the character select screen or something and then it was proven that it was like that when choosing a character(or something like that). It's always funny.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There is a difference between doubting a leak and acting like an asshole on some Nintendo news. Coincidentally this kind of attitude is to be observed on an unrelated to Nintendo topic, but that has in common the same competitor in a different market.

I was very sceptical about Orgen's BW2 leaks back in the day (for much the same reasons I find myself sceptical about Rainbow, funnily!) and said so, but I like to think that I wasn't insulting or dismissive about that, in much the same way I've tried not to be dismissive or insulting about these potential leaks.

Scepticism is a healthy attitude, and it's not down to pooh-poohing positive Nintendo news or any nonsense like that.

KingBroly

Banned
There is 0 chance Zelda NX doesn't hit the same day as NX. None. They pushed back TP on GC to get it out the same day as Wii's launch. They'll do the same here if they have to.

I hope Pokemon Rainbow is called "Pokemon World" and is just every single region they've made with all of the Pokemon, bringing back the 'Gotta Catch Em All' catchphrase because they fucking mean it this time! All the Badges, all the bad guys, etc. etc. etc.

javac

The only reason as to why I'd prefer a home console first is due to the simple fact that the consoles for Nintendo are usually one and done and hardly iterated upon (we got a poorly timed Wii revision I guess!) so it makes my job easier. We all know the NX handheld will get its DS Lite/3DS XL counterpart down the road which will all make us envious no doubt unless they change their approach with the NX. Now I don't mind buying new hardware, annual refreshes are a common sight today but getting a console console and being done for the gen is nice :p

Of course with today's climate and depending on what NX is, we could see hardware refreshes/Multiple SKU's/different price points for the home console too.

wrowa

Didn't you leak Pokemon Black & White 2? Sometimes shit is just too crazy for people to believe. It comes with the teritory of leaking things and I don't think you can blame people. For everyone who has a credible source come 100 people who spout nonsense.

Eradicate

"Why?" keeps popping up, but I think it's simply a case of people enjoying the process. There may not be any ulterior motives or anything, but this is fun and interesting nonetheless.

There's being doubtful and then there's being degrading. That's just the internet I guess, but it does take away from the fun. Ideally this would all be "evidence-based" with the degree of agreement coming from the amount, quality, and believability of the evidence provided. Trev provided a good bit to work with a little bit ago with some interesting tidbits bolstered by some extra, external information. (The matching product codes for Disney Art Academy being out there, for instance.) For me it's enough to enjoy, but that may not be enough for others. But still, there's no need to jump down his throat about it because it's personally not enough evidence for you. Time will sort it all out; use the time to debate it instead and prove your alternative case.

More on point, I think that Trev's source could be feeling secure if he's filtered out the information enough. If he kept his information only to those things a number of other people would have access to, he's more covered. With a company like Nintendo, that likely means he'd have to be somewhat aware of what others around him organizationally may know, so he's had to have been there for a little while. The more specific he gets, the more risk involved, and he obviously doesn't think this is that specific based on his position. Or he's just going rogue, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt as to his savviness!

Aroll

When it came to the "PS4 developer" rumor he said he had detailed info on the dev's identity, so he probably has more than just a document from this Nintendo person.

Sure, and I am hoping he does, but the way he worded it sounded like this may be all he has.

He also has not responded to my post to ease my concerns raised, while he's responding to others worried about his source. Why would he ignore someone questioning his verification information if he has more and can easily put those concerns to rest?

I work at a fairly popular website and we get stuff like this sent to us every month and it's mostly hogwash. I want to know that he actually has legit info to verify the source itself, not just some info sent that appears official.

In addition, we still haven't heard anything about what the mods have said about his information. I would appreciate that any mod doing a second verification of his source would speak up in this thread.

Didn't you leak Pokemon Black & White 2? Sometimes shit is just too crazy for people to believe. It comes with the teritory of leaking things and I don't think you can blame people. For everyone who has a credible source come 100 people who spout nonsense.

Not blaming skepticism but there is a right and wrong way to go about it. Full stop.

Orbit_shadow

Neo Member
I just hope this 20 anniversary game is the last pokemon main game on 3ds, so NX can get the support it needs starting next year. Gen 7 if best.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Didn't Mr Ex Treehouse who got fired for his interview reveal that Nintendo staff don't like leaking things because it breaks trust amongst peers? Kind of weird that Nintendo of all companies has been getting more leaky lately.

Need to hire more ninjas and trustworthy staff. Lucky for Nintendo I'm both so I'll be sending an application in.

Nerrel

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ess-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers-say

actually we did a good source of wii u power way before release, of course many nintendo fans ignored it, cause it wasn't official, and not something they wanted to hear.

Based on what we know now, that article still doesn't sound quite right. The CPU is the only thing holding the Wii U behind PS360 performance, and I don't think anyone would phrase that as "graphics aren't as fast." Every legitimate source since launch has confirmed that the GPU is better. Even the guy from the eurogamer article who lambasted the CPU and Nintendo's early development tools said so. I'm not saying the Wii U was much better than this article is claiming, just that it still sounds like made up bullshit.

Cucurbitacée;196225463 said:
Even if the source is safe, it's an incredibly selfish move. You can bet that anyone involving in marketing at NOA is being suspected at the moment. And there are things way more comfortable than being suspected (or even worse, accused) when you are innocent...

I agree. Now, I'm not against leaks, but the source should have been more careful. There are ways to do this that make it difficult to suspect anyone in particular, but this leak is going to unfairly make a few employees prime suspects.

Nairume

Banned
My only contribution:

- ShockingAlberto has been wrong before so I don't understand why a "ahahaha" post is taken as gospel (no offense to ShockingAlberto)
For what it's worth, he specifically laughed at one thing (and did so in line with other rumors/leaks) and people then immediately jumped to assuming he implied more.

Didn't Mr Ex Treehouse who got fired for his interview reveal that Nintendo staff don't like leaking things because it breaks trust amongst peers? Kind of weird that Nintendo of all companies has been getting more leaky lately.

Need to hire more ninjas and trustworthy staff. Lucky for Nintendo I'm both so I'll be sending an application in.

The amount of real leaks for NX is zero, besides the ROM manufacturer stuff, but this has no relevance.

The last "leak" mentioned here is hilarious. How can anyone believe this farce?

It seems the leaky people from 3DS/WiiU launch got punished or are in more fear of Ninjas this time.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Dude, that really sucks.. It might be for best if you just ignore those ungrateful kids and just focus on good things. I definitely remember those leaks.

Most people would never changes so I recommend you to not have any high expectation for that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom