• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What were your favorite rap songs to listen to during your teenage years? Do you still enjoy listening to them today?

Eminem - Like Toy Soldiers (2005)

2Pac - Hail Mary (1997)

Joe Budden - Walk With Me (2003)

Purple Ribbon All-Stars - Kryptonite (I'm on It) (2006)

Three 6 Mafia - Who Run It (2000)

I don't think I will ever get tired of listening to these tracks. A couple of them I first heard when they were licensed in video games, such as "Walk With Me" in Def Jam: Fight for NY, and "Kryptonite" in Def Jam ICON, but tracks such as "Like Toy Soldiers" and "Who Run It" were my number one favorites from Eminem and Three 6 Mafia, respectively.

What were yours?

Deltron 3030, and yes.

I mean Madvillainy is my favourite and should have been then but yeah, Deltron underpinned a pretty fertile period of artworks and business ideas for me
Del the Funky Homosapien was one of my favorites too. Great flow and lyrics.

I know he had a song featured in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, "If You Must", which was where I first heard his music playing it on the PS2. Then I heard him again in "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz. It's been a while since I last listened to his music but yeah, it was really catchy. NAS and Talib Kweli were also some of my favorites as I got older.

Last edited:
S

Sidney Prescott

Unconfirmed Member
Of course. I listen to the rap I grew up with more than today's rap. Plus a healthy dose of 80's and early 90's stuff. Most rappers today just don't hit the right note. In this case it isn't even nostalgia, they were just lyrically better back then. It felt more raw. Beats were much better as well.

My top 3:

jufonuk

not tag worthy

the realest shit right here.

I have on. many an occasion licked a boom-boom down.
Real answers

Last edited:

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Tupac - All Eyez On Me and Makaveli
Thug Life Volume 1
Three Six - Chapter 2 The End
Mac - Shellshocked ( the best No Limit album)
Bone Thugs - Creepin on a Come Up
Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle
Mac Dre
Mac Mall
Ray Luv
Andre Nickatina
Tech N9ne

Last edited:
Top Bottom