• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whatcha Been Playin': MW2 and NSMBW Acronym Edition

stupei

mw2.png

But also still some:

gta4.png
dragonage.png

And in about 24 hours:

nsmbw.png

I've also been messing around a bit with the Virtual Console. It started out with me just wanting to play SMB3 in anticipation, but I've gotten a little bit sucked into playing Uncharted Waters as well. Particularly good when I don't have enough time to jump into multiplayer.

How about everyone else?

I'm going through a evil/complete run on inFamous on the PS3. The game is fairly fun, but finding all those blast shards for a stupid bronze trophy is going to be a real pain. I wish I wasn't a trophy whore.

On the handheld side I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days. Despite the stupid name, the game is really fun. The game looks pretty great, and is actually a reasonable challenge this time unlike Kingdom Hearts 2. In fact, I'm probably liking it more than Kingdom Hearts 2 so far.

Also I have rekindled my Civilization 4 addiction on the side. I'm awful at it but its just so much fun. That game never gets old.

Same as last time. Still playing Borderlands. Also played a little Left4Dead.

Though I've also dabbled with a couple of old games.
Anyone remember this one?

apex.jpg

jjasper

Megaman9cover.jpg

Just reached Wiley stage 2. I bought it when it came out but never really put the time into it. Great game right up there with 2 and 3.

And I will probably buy NSMB Wii on Sunday.

Dragon Age hit the shelf till I can mow through the MW2 campaign mode. I can't pick up NSMBW, too broke, and I haven't even bought X-mas presents yet.

Holly Umbrella: Donder's Army
571358_9517_front.jpg

Another mediocre SNES platformer.

MM Powered Up
Mega on Normal. 98/100 challenges still but the remaining two are freaking hard.

Want to be playing, but probably won't till next weekend when a friend of my brother can bring over the Wii
New Super Mario Bros Wii
;_;

Concept17

MW2 + L4D2 demo.

For this week and the next (L4D2) I am putting Demon's Souls, Borderlands, Madden, and Ratchet all on hold.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing NSMBW for review, MW2, Space Invaders Extreme 2 and WoW.

zoukka

DJ Hero: It's nice although REALLY EASY, even on expert.

GeoW2: Saw and played this game for the first time live and my god it was fugly. The gameplay was boring as fuck too :lol

ksamedi

mentalfloss said:
Dragon Age is devouring my soul

Yeah mine too. Probably the best game I played this generation. Played for 6 hours straight today and I decided to take a break. Not a lot of games can hold my attention for 6 hours straight.

zoukka said:
DJ Hero: It's nice although REALLY EASY, even on expert.

GeoW2: Saw and played this game for the first time live and my god it was fugly. The gameplay was boring as fuck too :lol

Are you talking about Geometry Wars 2? If so....huh?

Kabouter

Forza 3
I'm having a lot of fun with the game. The track selection is infinitely better than that in Forza 2, and as such, it doesn't get old so fast. Other than that, everything that was good about the first game is still good, and there are small improvements all around. Oh, and driving around in a 948HP Datsun 510 is awesome. :lol

Hearts of Iron III

Another week, another post where Kabouter talks about playing a Paradox grand strategy game that almost everyone else here would be bored to death by. I'm still loving the game of course, the 1.3 patch has helped a lot and it's fast shaping up to be the definitive World War II game, like its predecessor is currently. The only thing I'm waiting for is a few small improvements by Paradox, and some nice mods to allow a more historical game rather than the more sandboxy style that I've seen enough of for now.

Mass Effect

I jumped on the Mass Effect weekend deal last week, although I already own the game on 360. PC version is much improved over the original. Not being a die-hard RPG fan, and not being a fan of the elves and dragons settings of most RPG's, Mass Effect is basically the perfect RPG for me. It's a nice casual fun ride and it doesn't go on forever. There's a good number of nice places to see and explore, although I would've preferred one or two more story locations like the Citadel over all those empty planets.

Mass Effect, I hated it the first time I tried it. But at 7€ (steam sales are awesome :D ) it finally cliked. I used to play with only marines in my team and it was pretty boring, but the bio stuff are pretty nice, and the game finally clicked on me. I wish there was a way to play it with a 360 controller, or at least they could have tweaked the interface and camera a little more, the game feels pretty clunky with the mouse+keyboard combo. And even worst, if there is a controller pluged in USB, it makes the camera go crazy...

I just love the universe, I just wish the inventory management wasn't so chaotic. It's such a mess to choose which weapon equip with which upgrade and know what to sell. It must be the most confusing item system I've ever seen in an RPG :lol

And maybe I didn't really understood everything, but all those weapons feel so similar, it's like the game offer you the possibility to change weapon for the sake of annoying you with useless choices..

Also Ballad of Gay Tony (base jump am awesome :D ) and Gran Turismo on PSP.

Top Bottom