• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[WhatIfGaming] Modern Warfare 2: Exclusive for PSVR 2

3liteDragon

Posting this cause I've been following this guy on Twitter for a while now for CoD-related leaks & he's been spot-on most of the time.

Infinity Ward’s ambitious plans for Modern Warfare 2 continue to thrive, shaping several new player experiences. Now incorporating a comprehensive virtual reality (VR) experience for their anticipated title, ‘Modern Warfare II’ developed exclusively for PlayStation VR2 – featuring a standalone mode immersing fans in the shoes of a Tier-1 Operator. This isn’t Infinity Ward’s first time trying their hand at virtual reality, having previously published Infinite Warfare’s ‘Jackal Assault VR Experience’, despite not gaining much ground, it found esteem in the VR community – a critic stating: ‘painfully short sample of the potential of VR dogfighting, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare – Jackal Assault is a huge tease to VR enthusiasts. Somewhere in between VR tech demo and interactive promo, Activision misses a huge opportunity by making this a freebie and not going all out, since this download manages to prove how engrossing being in the cockpit of a fighter jet can be.’ – cubed3

With Infinity Ward seeing untapped potential in the virtual-reality sphere, they will be iterating upon their previous attempt seen in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, leveling their bets for Modern Warfare 2.

PSVR 2 Exclusive

Earlier today, Sony announced a new Summer State of Play set for June 2nd, featuring a sneak peek at several games in development for PlayStation VR 2. We should expect to see a Call of Duty presence for the upcoming event, and a small announcement for the project. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II’s Exclusive VR Experience launch remains unclear, though, we should expect to see its release alongside the unannounced release of PSVR2. Available for all PlayStation users to download free of charge.

Kilau

Gold Member
What If No GIF by Film Riot

Dream-Knife

Banned
Aiming in VR is far more accurate than with controller though.
There shouldn't even need to be aim assist.
On PC there is aim assist if you use a controller, hence everyone uses controllers. It's like having an aimbot it's so strong. No one is going to use the motion aiming if it is online. The game is more of a reaction time game than an FPS. Target on screen (anywhere) -> L2 -> R2.

On PC there is aim assist if you use a controller, hence everyone uses controllers. It's like having an aimbot it's so strong. No one is going to use the motion aiming if it is online. The game is more of a reaction time game than an FPS. Target on screen (anywhere) -> L2 -> R2.
I suppose. Same thing for consoles.

But my point was that I don't think VR has a disadvantage at all when it comes to aiming.
And PSVR2 has eye-tracking. I can only assume that helps with aiming a lot as well.

Having said that, I realize that I was thinking about the gun-peripheral. Lol

Lupin25

Would be incredible!

If not, they could always use this concept to apply it in another exclusive game as well. Maybe Factions 2? 🤔

Dream-Knife

Banned
I suppose. Same thing for consoles.

But my point was that I don't think VR has a disadvantage at all when it comes to aiming.
And PSVR2 has eye-tracking. I can only assume that helps with aiming a lot as well.

Having said that, I realize that I was thinking about the gun-peripheral. Lol
I only mentioned PC because M&K is standard, yet everyone uses controllers for the aim assist. Nothing is going to beat a built in aimbot.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
You can also bet that Hogwarts Legacy will incorporate PSVR 2.
That game might not lend itself as well for VR.

But I'm expecting something like a Deathloop or Ghostwire Tokyo version / DLC / experience for PSVR 2.

Last edited:

Goalus

It is impressive how Microsoft are cool with throwing their competitors a bone every now and then.

That is proof that they have internalized the well-known principle "with great power comes great responsibility" and are acting accordingly. They have truly earned the rightful ownership of Activision-Blizzard.

Last edited:
It is impressive how Microsoft are cool with throwing their competitors a bone every now and then.

That is proof that they have internalized the well-known principle "with great power comes great responsibility" and are acting accordingly. They have truly earned the rightful ownership of Activision-Blizzard.

If it's even true this has fuck all to do with MS lol

Three

If the source is reliable I called this based on that potato camera leak
What is he doing with that magazine. Seems really convoluted for an ammo check. Imagine if it's CoD VR.

They will likely concentrate on the near future so what I expect

Forspoken
GoW (release date?)
MW2 (VR?)
Stray
Some VR games (released game support too)
Some indie games

That seems reasonable to me

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

What does this (if true) have anything to do with Microsoft? They do not own Activision yet, and they are not involved in this arrangement?

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
If the source is reliable I called this based on that potato camera leak
Yeah that movement looked odd and very much like something we'd see in VR. Let's see if this is true or not. Guess we will find out soon -- if not next week then in the next few months, obviously.

jm89

Sarcasm or copium?

That applies to any platform. COD has ridiculous aim assist with controllers on everything. It's basically just a dopamine hit for casuals.
Sure, but that goes for what I said earlier as well.

I think that VR with a gun-peripheral will give players an advantage over controllers, even if the latter has aim-assist.
That's for aiming though, movement is a bit iffy.

But there's only one way to find out.

Goalus

What does this (if true) have anything to do with Microsoft? They do not own Activision yet, and they are not involved in this arrangement?
Sure, but they could cancel the deal after the acquisition is completed if they don't like it. They most likely won't do it though because they are aware of their responsibility.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Sure, but they could cancel the deal after the acquisition is completed if they don't like it. They most likely won't do it though because they are aware of their responsibility.
It is a legal binding. If they continue with the deal, it's not because of their "moral responsibility" or the goodness in their heart. It's only because the consequences of breaking a deal would be far worse both in terms of financial penalties as well as PR damages.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
A free download would be cool.

Sony's State of Play next week gets a bit more interesting now.

fermcr

A VR version of the game could be exclusive to PSVR 2... but the complete game being exclusive is almost impossible. That would cost Sony a absurd amount of money.

Quantum253

hope is well implemented. this could be a game changer for FPSs.
It would fun to play in a covert type mission that utilized night vision, where PSV2 made you feel like the goggles were on your face. Also, wondering if there's a futuristic type goggle that works as a hud/bio-scan/etc. that lends itself to VR incorporation?

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
It would fun to play in a covert type mission that utilized night vision, where PSV2 made you feel like the goggles were on your face. Also, wondering if there's a futuristic type goggle that works as a hud/bio-scan/etc. that lends itself to VR incorporation?
I was referring more to the gaze aiming. But the googles/night vision/HUD-Helmet-scan and whatever else I think could increase the immersion effect.

SilentUser

Not a fan of Call of Duty, but it's name is massive and could bring a lot of attention to PSVR2. Hopefuly we will find out if this rumour is true next week already.

Top Bottom