• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's going on with Andy Ngo and his coverage of Antifa?

Apr 18, 2014
P-Town
To add to what autoduelist just said, it looks like the woman was smacked in the head with an egg, which then caused the guy to run after the assailant.

There's no excuse for the stomping that occurs. It also looks like it might have been other people within the protestor crowd that were pushing away the stompers and not his wife.

Edit:

Here's scene with a different angle pov that shows what appears to be an egg being smacked on her head. It's the second video of the two.

See, absolute fucking cowards. EVERY TIME.

Miku Miku

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2018
I've seen more than enough to know ANTIFA are criminal scum.

But I don't exactly trust Andy 100% either. Either way it doesn't change a ton about my perception of ANTIFA.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Antifa has been violent for years. Charlottesville and the Berkeley riots were back in 2017. During that time, independent journalists and random citizens captured footage on phones, documented their violence, and have raised awareness for Antifa's behavior. Mainstream media has remained quiet and dismissive of concerns.

Along comes Andy Ngo and suddenly the whole conversation is reduced to "Andy Ngo is an opportunist so we can't trust his coverage". Okay, let's completely erase his contribution to the conversation, for the sake of argument. That does not wipe away the countless reports of Antifa's unprovoked violence, intimidation, and vandalism.
This. Calling people provocateurs, racists, white supremacists, etc does not excuse violence.

I don't care if we have 50 dudes in white hoods marching down main street. Yes, fuck those guys. But by 'fuck them', i mean, let them march, let them chant, let them go home. They will look the fools, and life goes on.

When antifa attack, antifa become the bad guys. Bricks, batons, bear mace, armor, mob attacks, bike locks to the back of the head, milkshakes...

It becomes even worse when we realize antifa are extremely racist, routinely yelling racial slurs against minority cops and others they attack who aren't white [like ngo, and non-white proud boys]. And even worse when they attack completely innocent people like the Jewish bernie supporter, or the two marines in philly.

Antifa claim the proud boys are going to come to town and attack minorities. They are lying. In portland, the proud boys did their march, then had a bbq. Antifa continued harassing people, attacking people, yelling at cops, and generally embarassing themselves for hours.

Cucked SoyBoy

Dec 18, 2018
Antifa (and most leftists TBH) are trying to live out a heroic fantasy, where they are the few brave, righteous people standing up to a system of racist violence. This is how they get to feel good about themselves despite having no life accomplishments.

They need a big bad demon of white supremacy to battle, so they make everything into white supremacy. If it doesn't exist, they have to create it. Otherwise they are just average students in skinny jeans.

The racist demon is huge and overwhelmingly strong. It's always juuuust on the verge of winning and plunging the world into a Dark Age of Racism, but the plucky underdogs of antifa step boldly forward and put their lives on the line to say "Not today, Nazis. Not today."

Tajaz2426

Jan 20, 2017
Beaufort, SC
This is a major problem, we have Americans calling for and hurting their fellow Americans, only on the basis of who they think they voted for, what color they are, and their beliefs.

This hurts, we need to have discourse. Antifa has threatened people for political gain, the definition of terrorism.

Not matter who the people are, if they threaten their brothers and sisters, over their race, ideology, etc., they should be charged.

Our future generations will have to suffer our mistakes.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Feb 9, 2009
Thanks for providing additional context autoduelist autoduelist . Hopefully the irony of creating this topic and his OP is not lost on Trojita Trojita .
There's no problem with creating a topic to have a discussion about reporters relaying half truths to only make one side look good. A good conversation was had. I only believe in the truth. Do you have a problem with that?

bigedole

Mar 10, 2015
Austin, TX
There's no problem with creating a topic to have a discussion about reporters relaying half truths to only make one side look good. A good conversation was had. I only believe in the truth. Do you have a problem with that?
Like I said, hopefully the irony of your OP wasn't lost on you. I've got no beef.

Reactions: Oner

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Like I said, hopefully the irony of your OP wasn't lost on you. I've got no beef.
There is some irony to the guy tweeting about Ngo also being selective in how the videos are edited as well as misrepresenting some information.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014

Anyone who continues to run cover for antifa after this thread is part of the problem.

Fuck 3 second clips of events making it look like a guy getting knocked out deserved it. I have provided [thanks to on the ground journalists risking their lives] full, unedited, footage of that event showing antifa attacked his wife first.

I have provided multiple long form views of the assault on the black bus, where antifa literally brought their own concrete blocks to chuck at people, where a group surrounded the bus, pounded on it, kicked out windows, sprayed chemicals inside... anyone saying anyone inside that bus instigated or, my favorite, "charged" the protestors is a liar, full stop.

And please, watch the video above. They have full 360 degree coverage extended footage. Watch as a mob illegally stops traffic, then falls upon a man literally doing nothing but sitting on a bike. Throwing things at him. Pepper spraying him. Kicking him. Blocking him. Threatening him. Following him for an extended period despite zero aggression from him. That is antifa.

Fuck antifa. Fuck 3 second clips and using character assassination of the victim to justify this shit.

And this is just a few incidents. There is plenty more footage out there of antifa chanting shit like 'all cops are bastards', yelling racial slurs at minority cops and others, and being everything they claim the people they are protesting are.

Meanwhile, from all accounts the proud boys did their march then had a bbq, while antifa continued their violence and hate for hours.

If you can't denounce antifa at this point, you are the baddie.

ViceUniverse

Mar 12, 2019
I remember liberals liking antifa in Charlottesville despite their inherent violence because they punched Nazis. Now they mostly square off against the proud boys, but they seem to be getting more and more out of control.

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
autoduelist autoduelist I can't listen to audio right now. Why does the video commentator think the guy was trying to stab the bike rider and not the tire? If he had planned to stab someone he could have just stabbed the guy that walks up beside him who I assume is the video commentator?

I take you through the whole incident leading up to the Portland Massacre videos
Massacre? Bruh.

The people fucking with the guy on the bike were definitely assholes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
I remember liberals liking antifa in Charlottesville despite their inherent violence because they punched Nazis. Now they mostly square off against the proud boys, but they seem to be getting more and more out of control.
That is what happens when you're enabled, like children.

Reactions: Teletraan1

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Liberals would make the argument, better antifa than the KKK. Antifa better not escalate further if they know what's good for themselves.
Better without both. I do not subscribe to the 'lesser of two evils' fallacy. Especially with Klantifa.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
autoduelist autoduelist I can't listen to audio right now. Why does the video commentator think the guy was trying to stab the bike rider and not the tire? If he had planned to stab someone he could have just stabbed the guy that walks up beside him who I assume is the video commentator?
Seriously? The dude literally pulls a knife out, and approaches the guy from behind, and you're still running cover. This is after we have full footage showing the guy on the bike did absolutely nothing wrong, and remained non-combative despite already being blocked, attacked, and pepper sprayed.

Remember the Canadian asshole who roundhouse kicked a lady in the face.... then claimed he was just trying to kick her phone? Do you understand how violence works? What do you think would happen if that dude glanced back and saw antifa trying to stab at him with a knife? Do you think it would matter if antifa claimed he was only 'aiming for the tire'? If that marine, or anyone around him, was armed they would be well within their rights to put that antifa down.

Here's a potentially life saving tip: if someone in a mask rolls up on you with a deadly weapon in hand, assume the worst. If they do so from behind, hope someone has your back like the guy in the video does.

Get your head on straight. In this thread you are repeatedly running cover for visibly violent people.

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Seriously? The dude literally pulls a knife out, and approaches the guy from behind, and you're still running cover. This is after we have full footage showing the guy on the bike did absolutely nothing wrong, and remained non-combative despite already being blocked, attacked, and pepper sprayed.

Remember the Canadian asshole who roundhouse kicked a lady in the face.... then claimed he was just trying to kick her phone? Do you understand how violence works? What do you think would happen if that dude glanced back and saw antifa trying to stab at him with a knife? Do you think it would matter if antifa claimed he was only 'aiming for the tire'? If that marine, or anyone around him, was armed they would be well within their rights to put that antifa down.

Here's a potentially life saving tip: if someone in a mask rolls up on you with a deadly weapon in hand, assume the worst. If they do so from behind, hope someone has your back like the guy in the video does.

Get your head on straight. In this thread you are repeatedly running cover for visibly violent people.
I'm using common sense that a guy from a group that was repeatedly messing with his bike, kicking his tires, etc and commonly do the most pussy move possible that with his low stance that he was likely going to try and stab his tire. When presented with vulnerable man right near his knife he doesn't instead stab the guy covering the biker? It's highly likely this guy was a hero for the tire rubber. If the guy had lunged at the guy's body and the video commentor stopped the knife you'd have definitive proof that a knife on human attack was stopped.

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Doesn't matter what the armed guy with the knife intent is. He is brandishing a weapon in public and approaching someone with said brandished weapon.

This is assault.
I'm not going to disagree that he was obviously going to go into stab or slash someone or something, just that I think the high likelihood that he was going to be an asshole that cut his tire more likely imo.

By law this is brandishing weapon without self-defense or defending another person . The assault on a person or damage to property did not happen, possibly through the effort of the video commentator.

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
I'm not going to disagree that he was obviously going to go into stab or slash someone or something, just that I think the high likelihood that he was going to be an asshole that cut his tire more likely imo.

By law this is brandishing weapon without self-defense or defending another person . The assault on a person or damage to property did not happen, possibly through the effort of the video commentator.
What law abiding citizen approaches an unarmed citizen, or at least not brandishing a weapon in kind (the guy on the bike may be armed), during a protest while brandishing a deadly weapon?

Who the fuck does that?

Criminals do that.

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
What law abiding citizen approaches an unarmed citizen, or at least not brandishing a weapon in kind (the guy on the bike may be armed), during a protest while brandishing a deadly weapon?

Who the fuck does that?

Criminals do that.
Yes criminals do that. The same assholes that set fire to cars. The knife wielder is clearly a fucker.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
I'm using common sense that a guy from a group that was repeatedly messing with his bike, kicking his tires, etc and commonly do the most pussy move possible that with his low stance that he was likely going to try and stab his tire. When presented with vulnerable man right near his knife he doesn't instead stab the guy covering the biker? It's highly likely this guy was a hero for the tire rubber. If the guy had lunged at the guy's body and the video commentor stopped the knife you'd have definitive proof that a knife on human attack was stopped.
Your logic is broken. First, you are stating if he planned violence he would have attacked the other guy. Why? He and the mob were clearly following the other guy and had a clear target. His intent to commit violence on that guy does not mean he'd randomly stab another person who he is not focused on and could be anyone.

Second, simply because people have attacked the bike in the past does not mean it logically follows all future attacks will be against the bike. In fact, they have already engaged in physical violence by spraying him, blocking him, and jostling him.

Third, even if he only had the intent to pop a tire, what happens if the target turns, sees him, grabs him, and someone gets stabbed on accident. The antifa is not only brandishing a deadly weapon, but clearly moving in with it. You are running cover for this and simply hoping the violent thug is only a vandal. Wtf?

You insist on 'proof' he was going to physically stab him. You know what? I think the guy with the hammer was just planning on hanging a painting. Except in that case, he and his friends were trapped in a vehicle being mobbed, not mobbing an innocent dude on a bicycle. The painting was of three flowers and a kitten.

Specifically since it would be classified as "Assault with a deadly weapon". If you live in a state that allows you to exercise self defense and the 2nd Amendment.
Last i checked, you can put down an assailant in Oregon the second they draw a knife on you. This is based on a fairly recent court case [i think in the last 3 years] where a homeless guy that was harassing business owners pulled a knife on one and was shot dead.

Reactions: Off Duty Ninja

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
Please for the love of God, never join a jury

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Is this what made the Proud Boys disavow him? Without knowing what was occurring before this the antifa people were definitely instigating. Some people were saying he was starting fights before this, but video hasn't surfaced. The guy is a bit of a nut that was hoping his daughter would get injured

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
With the exception of hitting the window, which doesn't make sense and was late in the video, his actions seem entirely defensive. was constantly retreating and seems to only hit back when hit first. He was hit from behind multiple times and generally surrounded. The large, overweight antifa was repeatedly instigating violence. Lots of others were too. That mob continues to follow them, too. Iirc in extended video they literally go onto a on ramp to get away from the mob.

autoduelist

Aug 30, 2014
Is this what made the Proud Boys disavow him? Without knowing what was occurring before this the antifa people were definitely instigating. Some people were saying he was starting fights before this, but video hasn't surfaced. The guy is a bit of a nut that was hoping his daughter would get injured

Sources on any of that? Clearly that quote seems taken out of context. I mean, its likely the dude is a bit nutty but i doubt the meaning of that sentence is literal and without context. and that's assuming the screenshot is real.

I googled various ways looking for the PBs disavowing him, but found only a two year old article wear he disavows the actual alt-right.

Last edited:

KojimaLovesMiyazaki

Formerly 'matt404au'
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Thanks for providing your footage. Looks like someone tried to grab her backpack and then she was slapped on the head when pulling away. Respectablelaw should have had the full coverage from the perspective of their video pov. That was the most tenuous of all the information posted, which I provided mostly because it was one of the first in the chain. I welcome you to look at the rest, but I don't know how you are going to explain away the guy in the black vehicle swinging a hammer at people then being the innocent victim of their own hammer.
It’s not the only problem with that RespectableLaw account. The tweet about John Blum asserts that he was being the aggressor with his police baton but doesn’t back it up with evidence. This reads like propaganda. I would bet money that RespectableLaw is at the very least in bed with Antifa. Like wtf is this:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
May 30, 2004
It's tough to find reliable sources on social media. Best to watch unedited source material yourself, keep an open mind, discuss things on GAF since reputation and integrity matter to the userbase here.

Jan 9, 2018
They're LARPing thugs, kids pretending to be revolutionaries, locking up streets and trying to intimidate--with little to no consequence, thanks to a weak police response.

Anything he does to bring their members down in the public eye, even if it bends the truth, is on the side of the angels.

EDIT: to further clarify my attitude: Antifa is openly preying upon the unwillingness of authorities to call them out for what they do, leading to a situation in which they do essentially whatever they want without consequence. So they've decided to put themselves beyond the law, or to exploit it as a form of mild terrorism. At that point, there is no honor among thieves--once we see their tactics are this bad, I don't even care if they're not longer afforded the right to the truth. Having your story told correctly is an ethic that only extends to those who respect basic boundaries and aren't attempting to disrupt life for others.

Last edited:

Trojita

Feb 9, 2009
Sources on any of that? Clearly that quote seems taken out of context. I mean, its likely the dude is a bit nutty but i doubt the meaning of that sentence is literal and without context. and that's assuming the screenshot is real.

I googled various ways looking for the PBs disavowing him, but found only a two year old article wear he disavows the actual alt-right.
Been on the road for a little bit or I'd have responded sooner. I've been looking for his facebook page but it is either delisted (people on their own can choose this) or deleted. I'll see if I can get the original poster of that picture if they have the distinct url for the profile. Apparently he had deleted a previous facebook page but made a new one with his last name first, which the screenshot accurately displays with his own uploaded picture, but it would be good to get confirmation on if the text is real and what the actual context, if any there was.

The disavow thing thing might have been confused with earlier writeups where he was yelling at the anti-antifa people for walking away. That's on me.

Kenpachii

Mar 23, 2018
It makes andy ngo looks bad.

It doesn't make antifa look any better.

Also if information wasn't completely given by respectablelawyer then it makes him look shady too.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
New News regarding the arrests of AntiFa from the bus attack:

Alexander Dial was initially arrested on charges of Attempted Assault in the Second Degree and Unlawful Use of a Weapon and released on his own recognizance. Alexander Gorman Dial, the AntiFa member who is known for throwing a hammer at a bus occupant while wearing a shirt that reads “Beta Cuck 4 Lyfe” is now facing a second set of felony charges related to his actions during the August 17th protests in Portland.

Alexander Dial was initially arrested on charges of Attempted Assault in the Second Degree and Unlawful Use of a Weapon and released on his own recognizance.

Later he was indicted on a number of charges, arrested again, face another set of charges, and he’s now been re-booked with a bond of over $500,000 total.

He’s now officially been indicted again for felony riot .

Here is the official Multonmah DA press release from September 3rd: https://www.mcda.us/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/PR-19-206-Alexander-Dial.pdf

Ornlu

Oct 31, 2018
One down; 99 or so to go. It's all over for them when they all get hit with charges that stick.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
It makes andy ngo looks bad.
It really fucking doesnt just because the media sells it like that doesnt change the actual facts lol
Andy didnt attack anyone and literally all anyone has of the dude is him talking or him getting attacked, the media now is playing it as if him talking with proud boys is suddenly a justification for him getting violently assaulted which is laughable and fits pretty much in what the prestitutes have been doing.

Last edited:

petran79

Sep 17, 2012
Maybe if the Antifa cheerleader mayor let the police do their job, we wouldn't have to pick apart videos of the same 100 people fighting in the streets of Portland every week. Maybe arrest everyone that shows up with body armor/weapons/masks and apply some liberal (ha) stick time to people who resist. And maybe don't release people or decide not to charge them with obvious crimes.
In Greece we have the same problem but it is much worse
When they get arrested they are released almost immediatly because they or their rich parents have high connections. Or police connections notify them prior to investigation so they can leave. Doesn't matter if government is leftist like the last one or Conservative. They also illegally occupy abandoned or empty buildings to use as their lair and even prevent the owners from entering. During demonstrations they even invite their colleagues from other countries to wreak havoc together
Difference with other countries is that they even occupy universities, allowing criminal groups to barge in and do their stuff.

Right extremists from the other side aren't any better, having members and supporters in the police and also trying to influence teens at schools
While media make it into publicity stunt, usually in cahoots with both, knowing exactly when they'll strike and going live immediately for ratings.

No worth bothering. At least the Communists demonstrate on their own and guard their demonstrations to prevent such things from happening. The others are animals on the loose

Last edited: