• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's next for home (DVD, VHS, etc) movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
DVD movies replaced VHS movies because they had so much more to offer. Now though, there is only so much stuff you can cram onto a DVD. Hell most of my "extra features" I don't even watch.

So what is next? Where does it go from here? What do we want to see in our home entertainment?

Personally I would like to see film makers be more conscious of pending DVD releases of their movies and take that into consideration when filming them. That would lend more to behind the scenes footage, interviews "as it happens" and more. Like a stuntman does a dangerous stunt and you see an interview with him on how it went right after he does it.

Or maybe a director keeps a mic & camera on him through major parts of the filming so you can watch him direct or see it sorta first person like. Good stuff for budding film makers and much better than director voice overs of the final print.

There just has to be more that can be done.

Ideas?

Willco

Hollywood Square
We'll just have a variation of the digital format. Something better than the native TV resolution we have now. Basically, the format is not the limit, but the stuff we view it on.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Yeah better resolution is nice...but that's not a huge issue for me. As long as I have widescreen and it's relatively clean & object free...I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom