• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best State/City to be a homeless person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vieo

I've never given this question any thought, but in today's economy and job market, I think it's a relevant question: What's the best State/City to be a homeless person?

sarcastor

san francisco hands down. the city spends an average of $10,000 per year on each homeless person. not to mention there's shitloads of tourist to give you spare change. I'm sure there's more in chicago and NYC but it rarely gets below 50 degrees in SF.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I was gunna say san francisco until the sit/lie down law was passed. be ready to get ticketed :lol

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Horsebite said:
San Francisco

This is the truth. I hate this fucking city.

wenis said:
I was gunna say san francisco until the sit/lie down law was passed. be ready to get ticketed :lol

Progress.

Sharp

Detroit, low crime rate since everyone has moved out and there are a ton of abandoned homes to squat in.

KingGondo

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
I dont think homeless and best belong in the same sentence.
:lol

Reminds me of listening to Terry Gross on Fresh Air earlier, she asked a suicide expert "So when a person is successful at killing himself..."

SpacLock

800px-Kalamazoo.jpg

Kalamazoo, Michigan treats homeless people like royalty. There's a shitload of programs, shelter, etc. for the homeless.

Edit: I remember reading an article sometime last year about homeless people coming from different states to this city, which is why I'm posting it.

Slo

SpacLock said:
800px-Kalamazoo.jpg

Kalamazoo, Michigan treats homeless people like royalty. There's a shitload of programs, shelter, etc. for the homeless.

I think I'd just hang around outside the brewery. Brother can ya spare a Two Hearted?

badcrumble said:
I don't think homeless people (in general) can really afford to pick which city they want to be homeless in.

Of course they can. A lot of vagrants are heavily mobile and will go from San Diego to San Luis Obispo to Santa Monica and all around the rest of SoCal. At least the bums here in CA do this.

Clydefrog

[To the tune of 2Pac's California Love]

California
is nice to the homeless
Californ-ya-ya
Super cool to the homeless

In the city
City of Santa Monica
Lots of rich people giving change to the homeless

In the city
City of brentwood
They take really good care
of all their homeless

In the city
Marina Del Rey
They're so nice to the homeless
built 'em port a potties

California
Californ-ya-ya
Is known for donor

In the city
City of Venice
Right by Matt's house
you can chill if your homeless

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
badcrumble said:
I don't think homeless people (in general) can really afford to pick which city they want to be homeless in.

They do all the time, especially younger ones who were traveling. Try talking to a few homeless people on streetcars, you have all sorts. Young people who leech, old cast out drug addicts, mentally ill, ex-cons, boozers.

LakeEarth

Slo said:
I think I'd just hang around outside the brewery. Brother can ya spare a Two Hearted?
I love it when homeless people beg outside of a liquor store. That's efficiency right there.

Binabik15

I read that as "best place to buy a homeless", came in expecting awesome free markets parody or at least a modest proposal of one homeless for every home.

I leave disappointed, even though I have the image of Cartman jumping over homeless guys in my head. Thanks.

Meier

Orlando always seemed like a good place to be homeless. They have decent buses downtown, some shelters.. when my brother worked as a Mobil Friendly Serve attendant, one homeless guy who worked an I-4 offramp made upwards of $200 a day.

Edit: Good call on Key West, TA.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Clydefrog said:
[To the tune of 2Pac's California Love]

California
is nice to the homeless
Californ-ya-ya

In the city
City of Santa Monica
Lots of rich people giving change to the homeless

In the city
City of brentwood
They take really good care
of all their homeless

In the city
Marina Del Rey
They're so nice to the homeless
built 'em port a potties

California
Californ-ya-ya
Is known for donor

In the city
City of Venice
Right by Matt's house
you can chill if your homeless

Hahaha, as in Matt Stone? I never noticed that line before.

DarkKyo

esquire said:
Hahaha, as in Matt Stone? I never noticed that line before.
Yeah, I think they mention for the commentary on that episode that there are already a ton of homeless around where Matt lives. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom