• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best way to sell used audiophile ear buds?

poodaddy

Gold Member
Pretty much the subject. I bought my wife some damn decent ear buds, (they were 250 on sale), and she prefers her 40 dollar wireless pair that she bought in some rink a dink store, and I don't like ear buds or headphones, (more of a speaker guy), so I now find myself in the unfortunate position of having decent ear buds around that are essentially useless, so I'm now looking to recoup a bit of that money. That being said, I haven't the foggiest on where to even start for this type of thing. I mean, can you even resell something that's jammed in someone's ears in the time of Covid? I literally have no idea, any advice would be welcome. I still have all the original packaging and the buds are essentially in perfect condition.

Pretty much the subject. I bought my wife some damn decent ear buds, (they were 250 on sale), and she prefers her 40 dollar wireless pair that she bought in some rink a dink store, and I don't like ear buds or headphones, (more of a speaker guy), so I now find myself in the unfortunate position of having decent ear buds around that are essentially useless, so I'm now looking to recoup a bit of that money. That being said, I haven't the foggiest on where to even start for this type of thing. I mean, can you even resell something that's jammed in someone's ears in the time of Covid? I literally have no idea, any advice would be welcome. I still have all the original packaging and the buds are essentially in perfect condition.

Can you not return them? I've returned shit to Best Buy / Walmart months later with no receipt (they usually can pull up transactions via the card you paid with) - hell even then they'll usually give you store credit.

It's pretty much that or eBay. Maybe Facebook Marketplace.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Can you not return them? I've returned shit to Best Buy / Walmart months later with no receipt (they usually can pull up transactions via the card you paid with) - hell even then they'll usually give you store credit.

It's pretty much that or eBay. Maybe Facebook Marketplace.
I wish man. I bought them for her like six months ago from Massdrop for her Air Force Tech school stuff, so I kinda doubt they'd take them back. What price do you think I should sell them at? Do earbuds take big price hits on resell?

I wish man. I bought them for her like six months ago from Massdrop for her Air Force Tech school stuff, so I kinda doubt they'd take them back. What price do you think I should sell them at? Do earbuds take big price hits on resell?

If they're in near brand-new condition you could probably get 2/3rds value off a in-person sale on FBook... eBay you'll be happy to get 1/2 to 2/3rds tops.

*Nightwing

Just try and sell it to make back a modest percentage of what you paid. The person who is ok with inserting something used into their bodily orifice that was previously in a strangers with direct access to the brain in case of infection ain’t thinking ahead anyways for you to be wasting synapses firing thinking this deeply about it

Roxkis_ii

Idk man, I think selling used earbuds are going to be a hard sell. I'm sure you can clean them, but I don't know if many people can get over the fact it was in was someone else ears before. You would probably have to sell them at a heavy discount.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Headphones are one thing but actual earbuds? That is going to be a hard fucking sell.

It may just be me and my general of abhorrence for germs and filth, but there's not a single solitary chance in hell that I will ever use anyone else's earbuds due to the fact that they actually go inside the year and the amount of ear wax and just general grossness that comes along with it.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
People on eBay aren't going to give a shit. Just clean them and sell them.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Have wife pose sexy with headphones on, sell to SIMP, profit. Sell sexy photos of wife to more SIMPs, profit x2. Now you're rich.

Last edited:
Put them on eBay. Some sucker will buy them. Obviously clean them out as best as possible. Be honest that they are used.

Some joke posts about having your wife pose wearing them but seriously… have her take the photos and make it obvious they were owned by a female. Like take a photo of her holding them in her hand and tell her to wear nail polish. Some creep will jump to buy them knowing a girl has used them. You might even get a bit more money as well!

Last edited:

Apeopleman

What model are they? Post a link to the amazon product page. I may be interested

I’m not an audiophile, but I have owned a few seinheisers in the past

Top Bottom