• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the first phone call policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

koam

I got this chick's phone number on saturday night and she seemed interested. Fast foward to today, i gave her a call and got no answer. What's the rule on calling back?

I'm assuming i'm ****ed but i'd just like to know what the general consensus on this.

P.S I didn't leave a voice message.

P.P.S I know it's the right number

edit: guys this thread was made 4 years ago.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
You do realize the caliber of responses you are going to get here right? I wouldn't even have bothered asking the question.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
El Papa said:
Don't leave a message. Try calling back in a week. If you get VM again, then leave a message.

Winner. Only I don't have the self control to wait a week. I'd wait another 3-4 days. Call on Friday/Saturday imo.

Wes

venison crêpe
koam said:
Seriously, these boards are horrible for women advise, the freaking ign boards were more helpful. Anyway, I gave her another call and she answered. We're going for drinks tonight. :)

Bet you'll be paying.

Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
Trent: A day.
Mike: Tomorrow.
Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
Trent: Yeah.
Mike: So two days?
Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
Trent: Yeah, two's enough not to look anxious. But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
Mike: Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
Trent, Sue: Six days.

Costanza said:
I usually call after 4 years
29pdaa8.jpg

I thought Koam was updating to say he was getting married and therefore IGN is better then neogaf. and if you click on his tag, you loop back to the thread. just like lost. *woah*.....

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
My friend Bart got this girl's number and didn't call her until one year later. That girl ended up being his wife. This was in the 80s though so I think back then you could get away with shit like that more often.

koam

Just to show you how long ago this was, we broke up, i got in and out of a three year relationship and the chick from the op is married with a one year old :lol

The best part? My current job marginally involves giving health and dating advice :lol

koam said:
Just to show you how long ago this was, we broke up, i got in and out of a three year relationship and the chick from the op is married with a one year old :lol

The best part? My current job marginally involves giving health and dating advice :lol

ALTERNATE REALITY CONFIRMED!!!

dejay

Banned
We have detected a large disturbance in the bumponosphere.

AlternativeUlster said:
My friend Bart got this girl's number and didn't call her until one year later. That girl ended up being his wife. This was in the 80s though so I think back then you could get away with shit like that more often.

About the time this thread was made.

Turk

koam said:

So looking back, what kind of advice would you give your younger self?

Cyan

Banned
koam said:

Damn, this was almost worth the bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom