• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the point of an oven top?

Blade2.0

Seriously though... What the fuck? Why?! The last thing I want when I'm trying to cook the dinner for that night is to have to take a big piece of wood off my oven to cook. Where do I store the big ass piece of wood while I'm cooking? On the ground so I can trip on it? On the fucking counter where I'm... Preparing my god damn meal... It's just another pointless doo-dad for yuppies to get their endorphin rush for buying another useless thing for their house.

il_fullxfull.1014792117_1bfc.jpg

TrainedRage

Banned
How's it give you more prep space if you gotta fucking cook?

Edit: ok, destroya is changing my mind. Keep these genius ideas up.
Prep then cook. I don't know I would never buy one. It does make for a more minimalist aesthetic, but would seem like a pain in the ass to put on and off and clean and wait for the burners to cool.

Blade2.0

Prep then cook. I don't know I would never buy one. It does make for a more minimalist aesthetic, but would seem like a pain in the ass to put on and off and clean and wait for the burners to cool.
So you prep everything on the board and then...you move it to the counter to take off the piece of wood to cook the food on the stove? Still making zero sense to me. Lol.

Pejo

My gf made me buy one of these, and now it sits on my kitchen island full time because she got tired of moving it. It was supposed to be to give her extra counter space in a small kitchen (I rent). I could see it coming from a mile away, but apparently when you cook, you typically use the stovetop to prepare food, so it almost always needs to be moved. Waste of money and a stupid idea, if I'm being honest.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I've predominantly lived in the Midwest and Southern US so I literally can't remember ever thinking I just don't have enough counter space to cook at any place I've lived.

So to me this would be super useless.

Blade2.0

My gf made me buy one of these, and now it sits on my kitchen island full time because she got tired of moving it. It was supposed to be to give her extra counter space in a small kitchen (I rent). I could see it coming from a mile away, but apparently when you cook, you typically use the stovetop to prepare food, so it almost always needs to be moved. Waste of money and a stupid idea, if I'm being honest.
Thank you! I knew I was right 😂

Top Bottom