• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the probability of getting an HD .Hack Anthology re-release?

KiraXD

I absolutely loved the games... am i the only one who would love to see these re-released in an Anthology Collection for PS4 as Either HD re-release or PS2 Emulation? (honestly id rather have the HD re-release in the form of a Anthology Collectors Edition... but ill take upscaled Emulation too if it means the chance to get it at all)

5RAGDqg.png

Just about zero.

The first four were pretty dang tedious *CLANG* and I don't see enough fan fervor *CLANG* to sing the money *CLANG* into it.

That said. Those pigs were great.

Rezae

I never played them but always wanted to. I'd be all over it. I'd think they'd have already been released by now if they were going to do it, but who knows. Probably too much effort to include all in a single anthology.

aly

Probably none. I wish I could go back in time and punch younger me in the face for selling my collection :( .

vypek

No chance at all.

I don't think I ever got through the last mission of the last game in the original series. Always got corrupted when using data drain in every room. And never did play GU. Would be cool to play in VR though

Even a PS2 original for PS4 Emulation? i mean... its niche... but id say more popular than Arc the Lad or even Rogue Galaxy...

.Hack games had 1.7m

and RG only had 800k

That maybe, who knows?! I was just answering about an hypothetical HD re-release. I don't know if Sony is doing a "BuildingTheList" thing for PS2 games on PS4.

Takao

Banned
Matsuyama has said he'd like to see the games on PS3 and Vita, but this was years ago. CC2 and Bamco think janky mobile games are the best bet for .hack. Maybe they'll end up as a PS2 ISO dump on PS4, but it also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't.

Even a PS2 original for PS4 Emulation? i mean... its niche... but id say more popular than Arc the Lad or even Rogue Galaxy...

.Hack games (in total )had 2.8m

and RG only had 800k

Rogue Galaxy was just one game and it came out in the US after 360 and PS3 launched...

Markiss614

I loved the story of the first series/anime, even if it the gameplay was lacking and I would definitely pick them up for a nostalgia replay if they got a release on the PS4.

The GU trilogy was improved in every way gameplay wise, but I never found the story as interesting as the original. I'd probably pass on those. :/

Fisty

And Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir along with Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster.

I think hes pointing to the fact that like 3 people in the world wanted a Legend of Kay remaster, and it still got one.

The games you listed have very substantial fanbases, especially FFX, which guarantee sales when a remaster is released.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The first four games were ugly when released and look ghastly now.

Still fun if you get into it. Probably my favorite set of games made for a cross media venture.

GU are better games (and much better looking games) but the story is lame and the connecting anime is very boring.

Zafir

Well, I doubt they'd do a remaster, or some kind of upgrade.

I don't see releasing the games on PSN being that unprofitable though, considering how niche some of the other games that have appeared on it are.

You'd think they'd at least try with the Sword Art Online craze.

KiraXD

The first four games were ugly when released and look ghastly now.

Still fun if you get into it. Probably my favorite set of games made for a cross media venture.

GU are better games (and much better looking games) but the story is lame and the connecting anime is very boring.

yeah, i love GU's cel shading.

Alexlf

100% guaranteed after the VR version released next year for PSVR sells 10 million copies and rekindles interest in the series.

I can dream, can't I?

pantsmith

I owned/played the first 3, but never got to 4 when it was reasonably priced.

My brothers swear he'll track me down a copy in the future when he has money, by which point I imagine the game will cost several thousand dollars.

klaushm

As much as I love those games, I don't think so. It didn't sold really well.

It had an interesting story, diferent approach in story telling, put you into MMO RPG as a player and the character, which was awesome. The GU games are without doubt a better version of the first ones, but still were very poorly reviewed.

There is a better chance of a new .hack game them a HD remaster, which I would want the collector's edition hehe. Still, would be pretty low the chances. They would need to be against FFXIV and multiple SAO games.

dot

i dream about this every day

too bad CC2 practically dropped the series to make yearly Naruto games :(

Close to nil. It's a multi- disk game and requires transferring saves. I really love to have it on PS2 classics, but it requires extra effort by the devs, and they don't seem to want to do it.

I still own my copies of the two collections but an HD rerelease would be very appreciated.
The chances of it happening are super slim, though.

Wow I can't belive they made 8 of these games. Are any of them worth checking out?

They made 7 mainline games, fragment is an online MMO spinoff with no more servers running. There was also a mainline standalone PSP game and a PS3 fighting game that were both only released in Japan.

They are very dated but if you want to really dig into the series and read the books, watch the shows, and play the games it's very rewarding despite the creaky mechanics and graphics.

Of all the game series in the world that I regret missing, Dot Hack is number one.

Cyber Connect 2 could initiate a HD collection, or they could simply appear as PS2 classics.

I think the latter is more likely, and even then, I'd be deeply grateful.

i dream about this every day

too bad CC2 practically dropped the series to make yearly Naruto games :(

On the bright side those Naruto games have kept them afloat long enough to give us Solatorobo and Asura's Wrath, and even allow them to assist with the FFVII remake. The fact that they aren't defunct is enough to make me happy.

I don't think putting them up as PS2 classics is too out of left field, so hopefully it could happen.

Top Bottom