• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats the probability of getting an HD .Hack Anthology re-release?

Not sure, but Bamco started the first game in their new .hack Project N.U. universe.
Wonder if it will just be some manga, iOS games or more full-fledged games.

I actually would love to play a remake of the first and second "trilogy".

I love that fragment is in the OP. The chances of fragment being remastered is 0%. The rest of the series at least has a chance... A small chance. They should release .hack//versus here. That'd be neat it's kind of fun

I think it has a chance at being a PS2onPS4 release, but not an HD remaster.

Keep in mind how many of the current titles (PS2onPS4) are Sony published. They probably pushed out a bunch of easy ones in these first few batches regardless of how big the following was for them.

Other titles are going up be up for the publishers to decide, so hopefully bamco decides to put those out. At least GU I hope. I liked the first one and never finished it.

JSoup

Banned
I was actually talking to a friend about this the other day. The chance of it happening is pretty low, but I wouldn't mind it.

Fragment is pretty much a no-go, but I could see the other two series being released as PS2 classics.

A HD remaster is probably not in the cards.

Were these games any good? I'd like to play them one day and a rerelease would be great.

Ehhhh. If they scratch an itch for you, you'll probably enjoy them well enough. If not, you'll probably hate them. It helps if you enjoy the anime/manga.

The first series was pretty janky even back in its day and probably hasn't aged well, but the world/characters were better. GU improved the battle system to something halfway presentable.

the point is the series itself was decently popular... enough to warrant 8 games and an anime... right?

.hack was intended to be a multimedia franchise, it wasn't an instance where popularity justified creating more content. The anime .hack//Sign started first, followed by the 4 PS2 games, and then the manga and so on and so forth. The idea is that there was one plot point that connected all these multimedia .hack contents together.

Were these games any good? I'd like to play them one day and a rerelease would be great.

The games have a great presentation, but the gameplay itself is really boring. If you played the Naruto Games by CC2 you know what I mean.
Great cutscenes and presentation, kinda boring gameplay.

.hack was intended to be a multimedia franchise, it wasn't an instance where popularity justified creating more content. The anime .hack//Sign started first, followed by the 4 PS2 games, and then the manga and so on and so forth. The idea is that there was one plot point that connected all these multimedia .hack contents together.

It kinda worked, but the thing is, that most manga/light novel and other "spinoffs" were japan exclusive. Tokyopop released some of the spinoff novels IIRC.

I really wonder what Bamco has in mind for the N. U. Project besides the ios game.

It kinda worked, but the thing is, that most manga/light novel and other "spinoffs" were japan exclusive. Tokyopop released some of the spinoff novels IIRC.
We actually got almost all the novels and manga. Just a few that were (IMO) unimportant were left over.

We just haven't gotten anything since //Quantum which is sad because the Movie, LINK, Versus, and Thanatos Report are all great and, besides Versus, all important to the overall canon.

KiraXD

GU looks pretty great upscaled... so id be pretty happy with just PS2 Emu.

PONBjLZ.png

GgpWMwR.png

Syril

The combat had a good framework, though I'll always disapprove of miss chances in realtime systems. There was a big emphasis on hitting elemental weaknesses, and skills were based entirely on equipment, and I thought it worked out pretty decently for the most part. However, there was no level design whatsoever. Everything was finding a dungeon in an empty field and then going through incredibly boring randomly generated dungeons. I didn't even make it through volume 1 before I got too bored to continue and it felt like the remaining 60 or so hours would be the exact same game I was playing already but with bigger numbers.

The presentation of the main premise, on the other hand, was fantastic. You could log off from The World to do other stuff on your computer like exchange emails with other players you had befriended or read new articles that gave a sense of what the future it took place in was like. Occasionally you would need to advance the plot by looking for leads in the message board or following rumors that your friends pass on to you. You could even inspect other players in the town areas to see if they had useful equipment and trade with them for it.

Dueck

Banned
I would gladly pay $60+ each to have two four game collections as HD ports. I never tried GU, but enjoyed the original series. I think I would have more fun bow than I did all those years ago. My taste is a little more in line now.

The SAO releases aren't winning awards, PSO is dead in the west. This series offers something good but unique.

Top Bottom