• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this P90X workout stuff?

Ydahs

UnblessedSoul said:
Just started p90x classic, day 1 was hell, ab ripper finished me off, I had to pause a few times cause I was feeling dizzy and felt I was about to throw up, ate 2 chicken sandwiches after and I'm still feeling hungry is that normal? I feel a bit weak doing certain movements though the ache isn't that bad, btw I'm not using whey protein or recovery drinks etc are they really needed?
Day one is always the hardest day, no matter the form of exercise. It's natural since your body has to adapt to the sudden workload, but by the time the second and third week hits, you'll be feeling great, albeit tired, after every workout.

Just be sure to get a good night's rest and eat well.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
As the others said, the very first day can be murderous depending on your condition prior to starting. Having come from a body that had just lost a ton of muscle weight from a lack of working out tied to a crash diet...I literally couldn't sleep from the pain in my arms for the first few days of the program. I almost stopped right there.

...but I pushed through, and couldn't be happier with my results so far. I'm done with my first 90 days at the end of this week, but you can bet your ass I'm going to keep doing this program (with modifications now) for as long as my body will let me.

I'm loving the guy I see in the mirror more and more these days. When I full on flex and look at myself it's crazy to think of where I was to where I am. I'll eventually be posting the gruesome before/after pictures when my "after" is complete (or close to completion). Right now I've just got a stomach that I need to get rid of. My love handles and little bit of a stomach are the last things to go...at which point I'll just need to work on those stretch marks. I've already started using Bio Oil to get a headstart on those as well.

Being fit is so much better than not being fit :)

xuchu

RubxQub said:
As the others said, the very first day can be murderous depending on your condition prior to starting. Having come from a body that had just lost a ton of muscle weight from a lack of working out tied to a crash diet...I literally couldn't sleep from the pain in my arms for the first few days of the program. I almost stopped right there.

...but I pushed through, and couldn't be happier with my results so far. I'm done with my first 90 days at the end of this week, but you can bet your ass I'm going to keep doing this program (with modifications now) for as long as my body will let me.

I'm loving the guy I see in the mirror more and more these days. When I full on flex and look at myself it's crazy to think of where I was to where I am. I'll eventually be posting the gruesome before/after pictures when my "after" is complete (or close to completion). Right now I've just got a stomach that I need to get rid of. My love handles and little bit of a stomach are the last things to go...at which point I'll just need to work on those stretch marks. I've already started using Bio Oil to get a headstart on those as well.

Being fit is so much better than not being fit :)

Dude! My story is quite similar to you. I also went a 'crash diet', a juice fast to be precise and I felt terrible. I quit after a week and gained the weight back and then some cos I sent my body into starvation mode. In fact, it did a lot more harm than good cos the weight I lost was due to muscle catabolism rather than fat loss. I felt like shit too (getting out of bed was hard)

Then, I started exercising and eating a balanced diet while maintaining a caloric deficit. Even though, progress (in terms of weight loss) was slow at first, I was having fun and had a lot more energy. Now I look forward to every video and what started as a quick weight loss regime has turned into a lifelong commitment to healthy eating and regular exercise. Yh, I love the guy in the mirror now. Hahaha. I've lost a total of 11-12 kg and have gone from 21% body fat to 10.8% body fat. Working out has done wonders not only for my physical fitness but my self-confidence as well. Must be all the endorphins, lol.

Keep up the good work guys. Dig Deeper!

PS: a note for the newbies, don't do what I did at first, which is checking your weight on the scale everyday. Your weight fluctuates and you're building muscle at the same time. The mirror is all you need to track your progress. Check your weight every 2-3 weeks rather than everyday.

Biggest weight loss happens in the 30 days. I dropped 20 lbs from the first time I did it and 15 of those lbs came off during the last 30 days. I even gained a pound or two in the first 30.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
xuchu said:
Dude! My story is quite similar to you. I also went a 'crash diet', a juice fast to be precise and I felt terrible. I quit after a week and gained the weight back and then some cos I sent my body into starvation mode. In fact, it did a lot more harm than good cos the weight I lost was due to muscle catabolism rather than fat loss. I felt like shit too (getting out of bed was hard)
The main difference is that I was on a crash diet for about 4 months straight before I jumped into P90X and eating more.

I was probably eating no more than 1000 calories a day for about 4 months. Chicken, Beef, Eggs, Bacon, Sausage, Beans, Greens... so all good stuff, just in very small quantities in comparison to what I eat now. Lost about 50 pounds in 4 months, so I'm guessing I lost a crap-ton of muscle weight during that process.

From 254 before I dieted, to 203 when I started P90X, to 189 now after 3 months of P90X. My weight fluctuated all over the place during P90X. I stayed at 203 for probably 2 weeks straight, even though I saw changes in my body composition during the same time.

You have to trade the scale for the mirror when you start working out.

Hi guys, need some help here

I'm looking to trying p90x out. Unfortunately, I live in an old upstairs apartment, where the floor makes sound everytime you walk around it. I think I can control the noise level if it's mostly variations of exercises on the floor, but if it's cardio that requires hopping and jumping then it is out of the question. Is trying out p90x still a viable option? Also, I go to school at night twice per week....any feedback is appreciated

Restarted doing P90X again after a month or 3 of pause.

Goddamn, is it hard! It's like I have to develop the muscles all over again. In a sense, this is both depressing and motivating. Depressing because you lose your strength and fitness so quickly. Motivating, because it proves that the workouts actually make a difference.

Still, I'm not one of those miraculous results of the workout. Perhaps a bit more definition in muscle, and an overall (non-visible) increase in strength, but not much more.

BeautifulMemory said:

I'm looking to trying p90x out. Unfortunately, I live in an old upstairs apartment, where the floor makes sound everytime you walk around it. I think I can control the noise level if it's mostly variations of exercises on the floor, but if it's cardio that requires hopping and jumping then it is out of the question. Is trying out p90x still a viable option? Also, I go to school at night twice per week....any feedback is appreciated
Living in an apartment is definitely a downside. I do as well, and when I had to do the cardio workouts, I tried to do it on socks, and I tried to keep the impact on the floors as low as possible (which actually is a goal in the P90X workouts, so there's that), and I tried to do it at times I was fairly sure my downstairs neighbors wouldn't be too bothered by it.

But still, it's no fun having to concentrate more on the noise you make than on the exercise itself.

mm04

BeautifulMemory said:

That could be problematic. I own a second floor condo, but the noise dampening floors/ceilings are fantastic so the noise level is minimum. If you have to, for plyometrics put the dvd in a laptop and find somewhere else to do it. Kenpo-X doesn't require a lot of jumping etc, so that shouldn't cause too much noise.

Soul and mm, thank you for the replies. What about gap in scheduling as I have school at night twice per week. I could do it afterwards but it would be late....which is why I am thinking about not doing it during those two days

mm04

BeautifulMemory said:
Soul and mm, thank you for the replies. What about gap in scheduling as I have school at night twice per week. I could do it afterwards but it would be late....which is why I am thinking about not doing it during those two days

Well, if you look at other options, there's Classic (what I'm doing), Doubles (which is cardio in the morning and big routine at night, and Lean. I do light cardio work at night sometimes, but it's really up to what your body can handle. When I first started, I did these workouts at night exclusively. Then I moved a couple to the morning. So I would do a workout the previous night and then another less than 12 hours later, then again the evening of the next day etc.. Eventually I settled on everything 30 minutes after I wake up and that's worked best for me in terms of scheduling and recovery.

I'm proud that 50 days in, I have not skipped a single workout on the schedule. I really wouldn't skip early into the program because you're trying to get yourself into the habit of a regular routine. If you can overcome the mental barrier of wanting to skip a day or quit altogether, it'll be a big victory for you.

mm04 said:
Well, if you look at other options, there's Classic (what I'm doing), Doubles (which is cardio in the morning and big routine at night, and Lean. I do light cardio work at night sometimes, but it's really up to what your body can handle. When I first started, I did these workouts at night exclusively. Then I moved a couple to the morning. So I would do a workout the previous night and then another less than 12 hours later, then again the evening of the next day etc.. Eventually I settled on everything 30 minutes after I wake up and that's worked best for me in terms of scheduling and recovery.

I'm proud that 50 days in, I have not skipped a single workout on the schedule. I really wouldn't skip early into the program because you're trying to get yourself into the habit of a regular routine. If you can overcome the mental barrier of wanting to skip a day or quit altogether, it'll be a big victory for you.
So it sounds like, regardless of potential scheduling conflict, you are recommending to see if I could follow the schedule, am I correct?

I hope to stick with it even if it takes me longer and slower.

mm04

BeautifulMemory said:
So it sounds like, regardless of potential scheduling conflict, you are recommending to see if I could follow the schedule, am I correct?

I hope to stick with it even if it takes me longer and slower.

I would, yeah. It also depends on your current condition and your goals. You might see some awesome gains/losses with a modified schedule. I started at 5'10" 179lbs. I'm 50 days in and I'm 174. But I never intend to drop below 170 because I want muscle. I've been as low as 165 in recent years, but I was thin. I wasn't really "fit". I was just lighter.

I also don't intend to stop the workouts after 90 days. I really just want to be a stickler with regards to the schedule for the first 90 days to prove that I could do it. Then see what I can improve upon going forward. When you first start, hit that pause button. That hour workout will be around 70 minutes the first time around, but over time, your need to pause will diminish.

mm04 said:
I would, yeah. It also depends on your current condition and your goals. You might see some awesome gains/losses with a modified schedule. I started at 5'10" 179lbs. I'm 50 days in and I'm 174. But I never intend to drop below 170 because I want muscle. I've been as low as 165 in recent years, but I was thin. I wasn't really "fit". I was just lighter.

I also don't intend to stop the workouts after 90 days. I really just want to be a stickler with regards to the schedule for the first 90 days to prove that I could do it. Then see what I can improve upon going forward. When you first start, hit that pause button. That hour workout will be around 70 minutes the first time around, but over time, your need to pause will diminish.
Thank you ;) you just convinced me to give it a shot with the classic. In terms of goal, I'd like to simply slim down and get in better shape. At this point having muscles are a plus. . I'm 5" 4' and last weighed almost 190. I have just started running and doing push/sit-ups last week. You gave me some really good ideas. I might even try your morning-night same day schedule on school nights, simply because I guess it's better to be noisy in the morning than 930 at night

mm04

BeautifulMemory said:
Thank you ;) you just convinced me to give it a shot with the classic. In terms of goal, I'd like to simply slim down and get in better shape. At this point having muscles are a plus. . I'm 5" 4' and last weighed almost 190. I have just started running and doing push/sit-ups last week. You gave me some really good ideas. I might even try your morning-night same day schedule on school nights, simply because I guess it's better to be noisy in the morning than 930 at night

Great! Good luck and stick with it. Maybe the people in the apartment below you will be at work or in class in the morning or out late at night. Might be a good idea to try and find out their schedules to make it easy on everyone.

One thing you REALLY need to do is NOT get caught up with the pace and number of reps the folks on the DVD are doing. Those people are program graduates. They ain't gonna be on the DVD if they peter out easily. If they're doing 25 reps in 30 seconds, do 12 instead at a slower pace. You will absolutely destroy yourself early on if you try and keep up early. I thought I was going to pass out after the first half of Day 1. Don't let your adrenaline get the best of you.

mm04 said:
Great! Good luck and stick with it. Maybe the people in the apartment below you will be at work or in class in the morning or out late at night. Might be a good idea to try and find out their schedules to make it easy on everyone.

One thing you REALLY need to do is NOT get caught up with the pace and number of reps the folks on the DVD are doing. Those people are program graduates. They ain't gonna be on the DVD if they peter out easily. If they're doing 25 reps in 30 seconds, do 12 instead at a slower pace. You will absolutely destroy yourself early on if you try and keep up early. I thought I was going to pass out after the first half of Day 1. Don't let your adrenaline get the best of you.

more questions if you don't mind. I am looking around on Amazon and some people seem to recommend Power 90 over P90X for beginners, which I am definitely one of them. If that's true, then on Amazon then there are two different DVD sets listed.

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-90-Hortons-Transformation-Workout/dp/B000VEVVIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1320114237&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/P90X-Hortons-Extreme-Fitness-Workout/dp/B000TG8D6I/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1320114073&sr=1-1

Then, just to clarify, will I need equipment or not? My impression is doesn't as it primarily relies on our own bodies and efforts...

Thanks again

BeautifulMemory said:
Then, just to clarify, will I need equipment or not? My impression is doesn't as it primarily relies on our own bodies and efforts...

Thanks again

Yep you're going to need some sort of resistance bands, free weights and a pull-up bar as strength training are major parts of P90 and P90X.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
BeautifulMemory said:
more questions if you don't mind. I am looking around on Amazon and some people seem to recommend Power 90 over P90X for beginners, which I am definitely one of them. If that's true, then on Amazon then there are two different DVD sets listed.

http://www.amazon.com/POWER-90-Hortons-Transformation-Workout/dp/B000VEVVIA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1320114237&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/P90X-Hortons-Extreme-Fitness-Workout/dp/B000TG8D6I/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1320114073&sr=1-1

Thanks again
Power 90 (the original) has been around for a long time, but it's still a good program. I've done it twice in years past and lost over 25 pounds each time (shame on me for putting that weight back on). Also, I've done it in a creaky old upstairs apartment with no issues — there are some plyo moves, but they're not that intense and can always be modified. Power 90 and/or Power 90 Master Series might be a better choice for you as a beginner. You can ramp yourself up to more intense programs later and get better results from them because you'll be able to put more into it.

And yes, you'll at least need resistance bands (no pull-up bar necessary for Power 90). I much prefer weights nowadays, but I've used the bands in the past and they do a pretty good job, in addition to being much cheaper.

vatstep said:
Power 90 (the original) has been around for a long time, but it's still a good program. I've done it twice in years past and lost over 25 pounds each time (shame on me for putting that weight back on). Also, I've done it in a creaky old upstairs apartment with no issues — there are some plyo moves, but they're not that intense and can always be modified. Power 90 and/or Power 90 Master Series might be a better choice for you as a beginner. You can ramp yourself up to more intense programs later and get better results from them because you'll be able to put more into it.

And yes, you'll at least need resistance bands (no pull-up bar necessary for Power 90). I much prefer weights nowadays, but I've used the bands in the past and they do a pretty good job, in addition to being much cheaper.

Thank you all for the response, it is really helpful. I am completely new/newb to this. Does that resistance band come with the DVD (in the Amazon link) work well enough. I guess I am trying to find out if there is any particular one I should get

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
BeautifulMemory said:
Thank you all for the response, it is really helpful. I am completely new/newb to this. Does that resistance band come with the DVD (in the Amazon link) work well enough. I guess I am trying to find out if there is any particular one I should get
I think the one that comes with that set (based on the color) is 20 pounds, which is probably a good starting point, and yeah, it should be pretty good quality. The good thing about the bands is that you can adjust the slack, stand on it with two feet instead of one, etc. to create more tension. It'd probably work well for you for a while, at which point you could just upgrade to 25-30+ pounds when you're ready (or switch to dumbells).

noah111

Still Alive
Do you need bands though, if you have weights and a pull-up bar? I'm starting in an hour or two on my first workout. :D

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Sentry said:
Do you need bands though, if you have weights and a pull-up bar? I'm starting in an hour or two on my first workout. :D
no, weights are good enough. Bands are just there if you dont have weights

vatstep said:
I think the one that comes with that set (based on the color) is 20 pounds, which is probably a good starting point, and yeah, it should be pretty good quality. The good thing about the bands is that you can adjust the slack, stand on it with two feet instead of one, etc. to create more tension. It'd probably work well for you for a while, at which point you could just upgrade to 25-30+ pounds when you're ready (or switch to dumbells).
I just bought the power 90. I'm doing this!

noah111

Still Alive
Guys (Max), I just finished getting through day one, chest & back and ab ripper. Holly shit! I got through it all, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be mentally but damn there were a few times where I was physically only able to do several reps of pushups/pullups without collapsing, near the end. Ab ripper was insane too, but I had fun with it tbh, anything that didn't involve arms at that point was welcomed.

Hope it gets better as to me being able to do more reps, I just think since i'm young (going on 19) and only around 50kilos (110lbs) as well as not working out in general lief (somewhat thin), it will be a harder plow.

But I did it, and I can't wait for Plyo tomorrow, look forward to not being able to walk. :lol Hope you guys did it today too, it's important just to get through it no matter what (mentally and physically).

Also just finished eating two toasted egg&white cheese sandwiches, a ton of water, and planning on eating some potatoes in half an hour since I'm still kinda hungry. :D

Pylo done was much easier then I expected, last 5 minutes was hell though, I definitely feel much better but I still ache.. and with shoulders and arms tomorrow its gonna be very tough also drank hot chocolate as my recovery drink

SmokeMaxX

Sentry said:
Guys (Max), I just finished getting through day one, chest & back and ab ripper. Holly shit! I got through it all, wasn't as hard as I thought it would be mentally but damn there were a few times where I was physically only able to do several reps of pushups/pullups without collapsing, near the end. Ab ripper was insane too, but I had fun with it tbh, anything that didn't involve arms at that point was welcomed.

Hope it gets better as to me being able to do more reps, I just think since i'm young (going on 19) and only around 50kilos (110lbs) as well as not working out in general lief (somewhat thin), it will be a harder plow.

But I did it, and I can't wait for Plyo tomorrow, look forward to not being able to walk. :lol Hope you guys did it today too, it's important just to get through it no matter what (mentally and physically).

Also just finished eating two toasted egg&white cheese sandwiches, a ton of water, and planning on eating some potatoes in half an hour since I'm still kinda hungry. :D
Great job dude. I was going to start yesterday (11-1-11) but after I got home from a full day's medical school exam I passed out from 7PM until noon the next day (pulled an all-nighter beforehand). I'll be doing Chest/Back today and hopefully by the end of the week I'll be able to skip one of their lame workouts (Stretch X or Kenpo X) and catch up. I prefer having Day 1 on a Monday haha. I feel bad for missing out but I didn't want to put my heart through all that trauma after staying up 36+ hours plus having to down an energy drink and tea. I'll be following your lead so keep up the good work!

Le-mo

I'm about finished with my first month of the lean phase and my stomach has gotten dramatically smaller and my abs much much stronger. Tomorrow I'll start to hit the gym to buff up so I'll be doing that in conjunction with the P90X lean program. Can't wait.

SmokeMaxX

Just did Chest and Back. About to go into Ab Ripper X. Even though I used to do these exercises when I did P90x (2 two-week stints lol), I feel like I've gotten super weak. Actually had a few exercises where the second set through I literally could not do ANY reps without assistance. Ugh and not looking forward to Ab Ripper X either. Oh well, Day 1's about to be done with. Looking forward to whatever's tomorrow. I hope it's not Yoga X lol.

EDIT: "yay" plyometrics lol.

noah111

Still Alive
^Yeah I was like that yesterday too, good job getting through it though. I didn't Plyo today, fuck that was insane. I felt like my heart was beating so fast it would explode at times. Got through it though.

I feel like I could have done better on some of the moves in Plyo but I didn't want to be so loud with my jumping, these shoes suck for it. Hate having to worry about that when you're trying to give it your all.

Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow with Shoulders & Arms tomorrow since the weights I have are not too heavy. With chest&back you do one arm at a time so I would hold both weights at once.

I guess I could strap something heavy to each weight or something..

SmokeMaxX

Yeah Plyo's fun. Yoga's definitely not fun though. I wanted to kill myself first time I did it. I don't even know if I've ever done a full Yoga X workout- I die like 30 minutes in (sometimes sooner). Just got done with Ab Ripper X. I think I need to eat more. I was REALLY pooped going in. I mean I know I'm out of shape but it was downright embarrassing haha. But I'll stick with this. Gonna get some Day 1/2 pics later since I forgot to get my gf to get some pre-P90x pics. Only thing that really feels bad is the inner part of my thighs. Ouch.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
UK here but does anyone know a good place to buy a "pull up bar" that be used in a middle of a room? New to this area side of things.

OG Kush

Sentry said:
^Yeah I was like that yesterday too, good job getting through it though. I didn't Plyo today, fuck that was insane. I felt like my heart was beating so fast it would explode at times. Got through it though.

I feel like I could have done better on some of the moves in Plyo but I didn't want to be so loud with my jumping, these shoes suck for it. Hate having to worry about that when you're trying to give it your all.

Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow with Shoulders & Arms tomorrow since the weights I have are not too heavy. With chest&back you do one arm at a time so I would hold both weights at once.

I guess I could strap something heavy to each weight or something..
Get some resistance bands!

xuchu

ZombieFred said:
UK here but does anyone know a good place to buy a "pull up bar" that be used in a middle of a room? New to this area side of things.

Middle of the room? Go to Argos, and buy a one of those pull-up bars which, you have to attach on to your door frame.

FOOTE

BertramCooper said:
If you look hard enough, you can find some videos of Maren's "German stretch techniques," if you know what I mean.
This right here caused me to quit P90X for a few months. I couldn't concentrate on the workout. It fucking scarred me for some reason.

Ydahs

Day 25 today.

Just looked at my before shots and looking at my body now, there is a pretty big difference. Even though I weigh only 1.5kg (3 pounds) lighter, it's clear that I've lost quite a bit of body fat and gained some decent muscle definition in the arms and belly.

Cannot wait to do a side-by-side image comparison in a few days :)

I'm also going to begin football preseason training in ten days, so for a month I'll be adding an extra 1.5 hours of cardio twice a week. Hopefully that, along with phase two, will give me some pretty good results :)

noah111

Still Alive
^Nice, good on you. The difference people expect to see after x amount of days is what really drives them to continue this. Gonna start Shoulders & Arms in a bit!

SmokeMaxX

Just did Plyo. Unfortunately I live on the third floor and was doing it at like 4AM so I had to be super quiet. Less resistance = less difficult. Couldn't even do 90% of the jumping exercises (or had to do a variation that wasn't as intensive). Instead managed to modify most of the jumping exercises into ab workouts lol. Works for me.

SmokeMaxX

nubbe said:
I don't do Plyo or Kempo any more. Going for a walk, jog or run has a much better impact.
Kempo seems boring. Thighs feel Plyo but I honestly didn't struggle that much today. I might run but I'm afraid the cardio will cut into what my body needs to make muscle.

Ydahs

I love Kenpo and Plyo which really get me sweating, but after each work out I've begun doing some extra running outside. Just some basic sprints (suicides) and circuit work which I set up using cones. That extra ten minutes of cardio leaves me breathing heavily.

Also, if you guys haven't heard of it yet, Calorie Counter (MyFitnessPal), is a very impressive piece of software. I have it on Android and using the barcode scanner, it's returned nutritional information for the majority of food products which you can then add to a list of what you've eaten. Its calorie tracker is impressive and it also has a very extensive database of non-commercial food product. I probably can't use it too well since I eat a lot of cultural food, but if your diet consists of mainly western foods it'll have it in its database.

Very good for those not following the supplied diet but still want to watch their calorie intake.

OG Kush

So how important is the recovery week for first month? My recovery week starts next week But I still wanna continute with the normal workouts? Bad idea? I don't really see why it would be bad.

SmokeMaxX

OG Kush said:
So how important is the recovery week for first month? My recovery week starts next week But I still wanna continute with the normal workouts? Bad idea? I don't really see why it would be bad.
You need the recovery week. Good for your muscles to recover and adds to muscle confusion.

mm04

SmokeMaxX said:
You need the recovery week. Good for your muscles to recover and adds to muscle confusion.

I lose the most weight during recovery week. I'm in my second recovery week now and have lost as much weight during those 2 weeks than the other 6 combined. The rest week is supposed to heal and build your muscles so you can come back stronger for the next phase.

Core Synergistics is the toughest workout of the bunch, IMO. And that happens twice in recovery weeks. I did much better this time around than last time with that workout routine. Of course, I have it again tomorrow. But I'm feeling much better about it since I did well on Tuesday.

Bottom line, don't skip it. It's there for a reason. I felt the same way, but I'm glad I'm sticking to the plan.

Just tried the first day of the Power 90. First time ever doing such a thing. The push ups are a killer for me, along with such exercises that required stretching the arm upwards. Really kept in mind just trying to do as much as I can and took as many breaks as needed. Body...burning. Blood rushing and head spinning lol

Can't imagine what the p90x is like

noah111

Still Alive
So yesterday I was supposed to do Shoulders & Arms (day 3) but I had a party and just didn't find the time. Today i'm supposed to do Yoga X.

Is it advised to go ahead and do Shoulders & Arms today, and then several hours later do Yoga X? I don't want to get behind/off schedule because it messes up my whole iCal arrangement. :lol

SmokeMaxX

Sentry said:
So yesterday I was supposed to do Shoulders & Arms (day 3) but I had a party and just didn't find the time. Today i'm supposed to do Yoga X.

Is it advised to go ahead and do Shoulders & Arms today, and then several hours later do Yoga X? I don't want to get behind/off schedule because it messes up my whole iCal arrangement. :lol
I believe either way works as long as you get back into the routine. You can probably just skip Kenpo X the first week or something. It's just a little cardio. It's by far the easiest work out in the program and I honestly don't think it's that useful.

EDIT: Arms and Shoulders (or whatever) is done. Did a few exercises of Ab Ripper X but my hip flexors are seriously in pain so I'm taking a break before I get back into it. Guess they're really weak from my lack of working out for the past 6 months or so haha.

Ydahs

Core Synergistics today made me sweat buckets. My face was dripping in sweat and there was sweat constantly flowing down my arms. Crazy.

I found it easier than my first time a few days ago, so that's a bonus.

Tomorrow is yoga... now, I love yoga but the weather is 30C tomorrow in Melbourne (86F). It's not that high, but it's the first day in months where it's really reached well above 25C. Gonna be a struggle.

SmokeMaxX

Ydahs said:
Core Synergistics today made me sweat buckets. My face was dripping in sweat and there was sweat constantly flowing down my arms. Crazy.

I found it easier than my first time a few days ago, so that's a bonus.

Tomorrow is yoga... now, I love yoga but the weather is 30C tomorrow in Melbourne (86F). It's not that high, but it's the first day in months where it's really reached well above 25C. Gonna be a struggle.
What is Core Synergistics? Is it an extended ab workout?

Ydahs

SmokeMaxX said:
What is Core Synergistics? Is it an extended ab workout?
More core than ab. You won't be doing any exercises from the Ab Ripper X in it.

It's kind of like a full body work out with a focus on core, as my legs and arms feel sore following it. It's also constant work, so I imagine the heart rate will be fairly high throughout (though not plyo high). There are few breaks and you'll be sweating like crazy.

It's hard to explain what it is, but it's not easy. It certainly doesn't feel 'tacked on' like Ab Ripper X but it's also a lot different and more dynamic than the other exercises if that makes sense. Youtube 'Core Synergistics' to get a good idea on the exercises being done.

Top Bottom