• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's this P90X workout stuff?

nomster

I'm thinking of trying this. I'm overweight but I want to build muscle too. 2 things. Sorry if they've been spoken about, this thread is huge.

1. Should I lose some more weight first before starting this or is it alright to start anytime?

2. Do you have to stick with the nutrition plan? Is that a crux of this workout? Because the exercise I can do, I'll make myself do it but a strict nutrition plan? I always fail those. That said I don't eat terribly anyway. I could sort stay with it but not to perfection.

I only followed the general outline of where your calories should come from (for the initial phase it suggests higher protein, lower carb). I didn't use the meal plan though. Still had great results.

Sipowicz

Banned
hello all. i'm sure you've been asked these questions a million times but i'm very interested in starting p90x. at the moment i just do cardio and weights and i'm very slim, but i would like to bulk up a little and become more defined. could you please answer the following questions for me

1. will the p90x program be able to help me?
2. am i able to do it in the gym?
3. how often do i have to work out and for how long?
4. is there nutritional advice and resources available for it?
5. is there a regime to maintain your physique after completing it?

thank you in advance

OG Kush

hello all. i'm sure you've been asked these questions a million times but i'm very interested in starting p90x. at the moment i just do cardio and weights and i'm very slim, but i would like to bulk up a little and become more defined. could you please answer the following questions for me

thank you in advance

1) yes, definietly.
2) possibly, but it requires a lot of chaning different weights. And at the gym someone else might be using that weight. Also a lot of changing from dumbells to pullup bar, which once again at the gym may be in use.
3)6 days a week, but 2 of those are cardio and since you're already slim you could miss those and replace with more weight training.
4) yes, its got a a whole nutrition guide.
5) keep doing what you're doing.

Darklord

Banned
I just had a couple more questions.

1. How hard is it exactly? I've seen some people say it's really hard but is it just because it's 6 days a week for 90 days or is it beyond someone who hasn't done a workout properly before?

2. How long does it take per day? Approximate. Like is it 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours?

3. Would the P90 be better to start with?

mm04

I just had a couple more questions.

1. How hard is it exactly? I've seen some people say it's really hard but is it just because it's 6 days a week for 90 days or is it beyond someone who hasn't done a workout properly before?

2. How long does it take per day? Approximate. Like is it 30 minutes, an hour, 2 hours?

3. Would the P90 be better to start with?

It's difficult if you wouldn't consider yourself to be "in shape". Here's what I suggest: 1) Pace yourself early. Do not try and do these moves at the speed of the people on the DVD. That would be a huge mistake and may discourage you from continuing. 2) Modify. If you can't execute the moves as demontrated, change it up. This is a 90 day program. You don't have to knock it out of the park on day 1. 3) Use that pause button. There's no shame in pausing and catching a breath if needed. Workouts for me lasted 5 to 10 minutes longer at first until I got myself acclimated.

Workouts are on average an hour total. That includes about 5 minutes of warmup and 5 minutes of cooldown at the end. Yoga is 90 minutes. That's the only routine longer than an hour. Ab Ripper X is 16 minutes.

Just go with P90X. Just modify what you need to make it work for you. There is no way you can participate in this program with any kind of honest effort and not see results. The first 7 to 10 days are the hardest. Once you get past that point, you should make it through the entire 90.

NYR

P90x2 question.

I just picked up 2 8 pound medicine balls from walmart.

I expected them to be hard like a basketball but they definitely have some give, like a bag of sand. Are these different then the ones beachbody sells? Those look more sturdy. Just want to make sure I'll be okay with using these.

Darklord

Banned
It's difficult if you wouldn't consider yourself to be "in shape". Here's what I suggest: 1) Pace yourself early. Do not try and do these moves at the speed of the people on the DVD. That would be a huge mistake and may discourage you from continuing. 2) Modify. If you can't execute the moves as demontrated, change it up. This is a 90 day program. You don't have to knock it out of the park on day 1. 3) Use that pause button. There's no shame in pausing and catching a breath if needed. Workouts for me lasted 5 to 10 minutes longer at first until I got myself acclimated.

Workouts are on average an hour total. That includes about 5 minutes of warmup and 5 minutes of cooldown at the end. Yoga is 90 minutes. That's the only routine longer than an hour. Ab Ripper X is 16 minutes.

Well I'm like 255lbs so in shape isn't what I'd call myself. That said I'm "in shape" for a person of that size...if that makes sense.

I've heard a lot of conflict about p90x. I went on to a fitness forum and so many people call it bullshit or a sham but then others say it's fine. A lot of people said it was extremely overpriced for what it was too. I dunno, I guess 90 days isn't THAT long so I'll try and see. I'll look into it a bit more first.

Sipowicz

Banned
1) yes, definietly.
2) possibly, but it requires a lot of chaning different weights. And at the gym someone else might be using that weight. Also a lot of changing from dumbells to pullup bar, which once again at the gym may be in use.
3)6 days a week, but 2 of those are cardio and since you're already slim you could miss those and replace with more weight training.
4) yes, its got a a whole nutrition guide.
5) keep doing what you're doing.

Thank you og kush. I had a few other questions about your responses

2. I already have a weight bench in the house, barbell, dumbells, weights and a pull up bar. do you have a link to what else i need?
3. so does that mean P90x is fairly flexible? I wanted something clearly defined so i know what i'm doing on a day-to-day basis
4. do you have a link to the nutrition guide?
5. by this do you mean just repeat the whole thing again nutrition and all?

Just got P90X2. Starting this beast in January. Just finishing up one last round of P90X in December.

So glad Yoga is only an hour now. It was the most dull part of P90X.

mm04

Well I'm like 255lbs so in shape isn't what I'd call myself. That said I'm "in shape" for a person of that size...if that makes sense.

I've heard a lot of conflict about p90x. I went on to a fitness forum and so many people call it bullshit or a sham but then others say it's fine. A lot of people said it was extremely overpriced for what it was too. I dunno, I guess 90 days isn't THAT long so I'll try and see. I'll look into it a bit more first.

Going onto a fitness forum to read about P90X will probably get you a mixed bag. Even here on GAF, I've read stuff calling P90X trash etc. Here's the deal, is it ground breaking and revolutionary? Probably not. Does it introduce concepts and exercises that have never been done before? Nope. I wouldn't have called myself a doubter or anything, prior to actually giving P90X a shot. I just didn't find it compelling. Watching an infomercial and strangers giving testimonials didn't make me want to order it. It wasn't until I talked to my co-worker, who is in his early-mid forties sing its praises. I know this guy and he would rather drive a block to get something to eat for lunch than walk for 10 minutes. If HE was into it, I figured I'd give it a shot. He started this year at 208. He's at 176 now.

I know you can go to the weight loss thread and read remarkable stories about people going high protein/low carb and dropping weight like it's nothing. That's all fine and dandy, I've done the same thing. Did low carb, dropped like 15 pounds, in a relatively short amount of time. But I couldn't maintain that diet. The food just got too repetitive for me and I gained it back over time. Now, that may totally work for others, but not me, not at my age (I'm 40). You have to ask yourself, do you want to be the thin guy at the beach or do you want to be the fit guy? Being either is totally fine if you feel you're overweight. But I wanted to be the fit guy, with muscle definition to go with strength and stamina. That ain't happening with just low carbing. I've been there done that. I'm more fit now and better built at 40 than I was at 30 and I was probably 5 pounds lighter then, than I am now. Difference is I have muscle this time around. I've only lost 13 pounds (and counting) through P90X. But it's literally transformed my body and that's a great damn feeling.

Let's go back to the cost/benefit analysis of whether P90X is worth it and if it's too long. That's really something that each individual has to come up for himself. But I'll share mine. After buying the DVDs and some equipment, my total cost up front was about $400. I didn't want to get a door frame pull up bar, so I bought a full standing one. That and the DVDs alone were the bulk of my investment. It may sound like a lot, but I've read on this very forum how "going to the gym is better". I'm sure it is for some, but not for me. Recurring gym membership + travel time + gas + mileage on my car VS my living room? No contest. My time is valuable to me. That stuff, plus the fact that I needed direction and structure is what makes P90X ideal for me. It's well rounded enough for my tastes and I don't have to spend time with a trainer teaching me 10 workout routines. The fact that it is super structured is a huge bonus as I came from almost ground zero as far as knowing what I specifically needed to do to get fit. It takes all the thinking out of the equation and I'm done working out in an hour. How long does it take to drive to the gym, workout and get home?

So after completing round 1, I'm starting my next 90 day round tomorrow. With all of the compliments I've received about how I look lately, I'd say I got my return of investment. It was worth every damn penny. Extremely overpriced? Only if I already had all of that workout routine knowledge in my head and guidance available to me on the spot as I worked out. The compliments and what I see in the mirror every morning are what help feed the desire to keep going. It really is a lifestyle change and at my age, I can't afford to not continue. My only cost now is the hour I spend 6 days a week doing it. And I ain't starving, either. I eat a fair amount of food. Anyway, that's my 2 cents and then some.

DR2K

Banned
My best advice to anyone starting out is to pick a few workouts and only do them 2-3 times a week. Do this until you can actually handle 6 days a week. You'll still get results if you're eating right, and you're much less prone to injuring yourself. Do the stretches!

Darklord

Banned
Going onto a fitness forum to read about P90X will probably get you a mixed bag. Even here on GAF, I've read stuff calling P90X trash etc. Here's the deal, is it ground breaking and revolutionary? Probably not. Does it introduce concepts and exercises that have never been done before? Nope. I wouldn't have called myself a doubter or anything, prior to actually giving P90X a shot. I just didn't find it compelling. Watching an infomercial and strangers giving testimonials didn't make me want to order it. It wasn't until I talked to my co-worker, who is in his early-mid forties sing its praises. I know this guy and he would rather drive a block to get something to eat for lunch than walk for 10 minutes. If HE was into it, I figured I'd give it a shot. He started this year at 208. He's at 176 now.

I know you can go to the weight loss thread and read remarkable stories about people going high protein/low carb and dropping weight like it's nothing. That's all fine and dandy, I've done the same thing. Did low carb, dropped like 15 pounds, in a relatively short amount of time. But I couldn't maintain that diet. The food just got too repetitive for me and I gained it back over time. Now, that may totally work for others, but not me, not at my age (I'm 40). You have to ask yourself, do you want to be the thin guy at the beach or do you want to be the fit guy? Being either is totally fine if you feel you're overweight. But I wanted to be the fit guy, with muscle definition to go with strength and stamina. That ain't happening with just low carbing. I've been there done that. I'm more fit now and better built at 40 than I was at 30 and I was probably 5 pounds lighter then, than I am now. Difference is I have muscle this time around. I've only lost 13 pounds (and counting) through P90X. But it's literally transformed my body and that's a great damn feeling.

Let's go back to the cost/benefit analysis of whether P90X is worth it and if it's too long. That's really something that each individual has to come up for himself. But I'll share mine. After buying the DVDs and some equipment, my total cost up front was about $400. I didn't want to get a door frame pull up bar, so I bought a full standing one. That and the DVDs alone were the bulk of my investment. It may sound like a lot, but I've read on this very forum how "going to the gym is better". I'm sure it is for some, but not for me. Recurring gym membership + travel time + gas + mileage on my car VS my living room? No contest. My time is valuable to me. That stuff, plus the fact that I needed direction and structure is what makes P90X ideal for me. It's well rounded enough for my tastes and I don't have to spend time with a trainer teaching me 10 workout routines. The fact that it is super structured is a huge bonus as I came from almost ground zero as far as knowing what I specifically needed to do to get fit. It takes all the thinking out of the equation and I'm done working out in an hour. How long does it take to drive to the gym, workout and get home?

So after completing round 1, I'm starting my next 90 day round tomorrow. With all of the compliments I've received about how I look lately, I'd say I got my return of investment. It was worth every damn penny. Extremely overpriced? Only if I already had all of that workout routine knowledge in my head and guidance available to me on the spot as I worked out. The compliments and what I see in the mirror every morning are what help feed the desire to keep going. It really is a lifestyle change and at my age, I can't afford to not continue. My only cost now is the hour I spend 6 days a week doing it. And I ain't starving, either. I eat a fair amount of food. Anyway, that's my 2 cents and then some.

Nice to hear. 13 pounds isn't much to lose(No offence meant at all) but I guess that would be because you're building muscle too. I'd keep my walking up too to help burn some as well. Talking about the food just got too repetitive for you, isn't there a structured high protein/low carb diet as part of P90X?

What I'm after is, weight loss, muscle gain and toning. Toning is important because being 255lbs I'm worried about having flabby skin so any toning and prevention I want to try. Do you think P90X helped tone you up? I'm 23 by the way.

Edit: Oh yeah, one last thing. What do you actually GET in the package? Is it just the videos and you supply the gear needed?

Neifirst

thank you in advance

I know OG Kush answered your questions really well already, but I just wanted to add that I went into it in a similar state to you: slim (5'10.5" and weighed 152 at the time), but wanting definition. The program, along with some minor changes to my diet to reduce carbohydrates and increase protein, has worked wonders. I did the complete 90 days and am now 35 days into my second go-around with heavier weights. Just do it! My energy level has increased many times over, I shed a few pounds (down to 140), but my little waist fat has basically disappeared and I've got definition in abs, chest, and arms for the first time in years. As long as your motivated to make changes, the program is really well organized and easy-to-follow. There is a maintenance section if you're happy with your changes after 90 days, but I was just so into it, I wanted to keep going, even though I didn't really need to.

mm04

Nice to hear. 13 pounds isn't much to lose(No offence meant at all) but I guess that would be because you're building muscle too. I'd keep my walking up too to help burn some as well. Talking about the food just got too repetitive for you, isn't there a structured high protein/low carb diet as part of P90X?

What I'm after is, weight loss, muscle gain and toning. Toning is important because being 255lbs I'm worried about having flabby skin so any toning and prevention I want to try. Do you think P90X helped tone you up? I'm 23 by the way.

Edit: Oh yeah, one last thing. What do you actually GET in the package? Is it just the videos and you supply the gear needed?

Just for reference, I'm 5'10" 167lbs, now. I could probably stand to lose about 5 to 7 more pounds from my lower ab area. That's pretty much it for me.

As far as diet, yes, there's a guide for that in P90X. I was making specific reference to making a low carb/high protein diet as the primary means for weight loss through ketosis. I did not follow through on the nutrition plan. The only thing I did was calculate which band of calorie consumption I belonged in, and made sure I consumed somewhere in that range. I ate whatever I wanted (I do have a protein drink on big muscle days), just as long as I was in my acceptable calorie range for the day. I know that eating the way I have the last 100 days or so, which included some sugary and high fat crap along the way, plus continuing on with P90X, I'll lose a pound or so a week. Anything below 160lbs and I'll be much too thin, and that's not my goal. I watch what I eat, but I don't ever go through the day miserable because I'm constantly hungry.

This exercise plan absolutely toned me up. The only bit of jiggle I have left is my lower abs under my belly button. Even that has shrunk considerably. The first places you gain weight at are always the last to go, so I know with more time and effort, I'll shed that part too.

All I received besides the DVDs was a nutrition guide book and a calendar. Again, it was totally worth it to me. You're still young and it's going to be worlds easier for you to get fit than an old guy like me. Get started now, with whatever you end up doing and commit to it. You'll have more years to admire how awesome you look if you do.

Seriously? That's awesome.

I fucking hate Fifer Scissors.

Theres a scissor type exercise but it involves a twist and its the first exercise. Its also very fast paced so no more wasted burn.

Hey guys, what new equipment is needed for P90X2? I only have dumbbells and bands. I plan on gifting myself P90X2 for Christmas to begin as soon as I complete P90X.

Medicine balls.
Foam Roller

Theyre both optional too.

Darklord

Banned
Just for reference, I'm 5'10" 167lbs, now. I could probably stand to lose about 5 to 7 more pounds from my lower ab area. That's pretty much it for me.

As far as diet, yes, there's a guide for that in P90X. I was making specific reference to making a low carb/high protein diet as the primary means for weight loss through ketosis. I did not follow through on the nutrition plan. The only thing I did was calculate which band of calorie consumption I belonged in, and made sure I consumed somewhere in that range. I ate whatever I wanted (I do have a protein drink on big muscle days), just as long as I was in my acceptable calorie range for the day. I know that eating the way I have the last 100 days or so, which included some sugary and high fat crap along the way, plus continuing on with P90X, I'll lose a pound or so a week. Anything below 160lbs and I'll be much too thin, and that's not my goal. I watch what I eat, but I don't ever go through the day miserable because I'm constantly hungry.

This exercise plan absolutely toned me up. The only bit of jiggle I have left is my lower abs under my belly button. Even that has shrunk considerably. The first places you gain weight at are always the last to go, so I know with more time and effort, I'll shed that part too.

All I received besides the DVDs was a nutrition guide book and a calendar. Again, it was totally worth it to me. You're still young and it's going to be worlds easier for you to get fit than an old guy like me. Get started now, with whatever you end up doing and commit to it. You'll have more years to admire how awesome you look if you do.

Thanks for the help.

I was reading through the fitness guide(I found it online) and the fitness test it gives you to see if you're ok to do p90X will I probably hit the minimum. But that's the issue, the minimum or maybe slightly over. I don't want to be struggling through the entire thing to do some of the basic stuff. I might look into Power 90 first. Try that then move onto p90x after the 90 days.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The concept that exercise and diet is a sham is fucking laughable. It really is. There's no magic to P90X at all, it's a fairly rigid exercise and diet program. The reason it works is because most people, put into a gym, have no idea what to do or where to go.

I honestly don't even think P90X is overpriced. You literally can get into the best shape of your life, at your house, for around $200.00 and some work. The fact is, most people don't have the capacity to just figure it all out on their own from Square One. People who spend all their time on fitness forums don't think so because they spend all their time on fitness forums.

gcubed

i have tried 2 times and have never finished p90x. I've made it to 50, got ill and couldnt do it for a week, and it basically ended it for me. The first 2 weeks are always the hardest, but my wife is doing it with me this time and 2 things...

doing with someone else makes the time go much faster and doing it with someone else ensures that you usually have someone to push you when you are trying to find an excuse to skip something. I AM finishing it this time! Finishing the first phase next week. Having the motivation to get it done around the holidays when visiting family is a huge help.

i'm 6'8 275 now. I've been as high as 315 and the lowest in my life was 265. I looked skinny and did that with an insane diet and a lot of running which left me with no real definition. Would love to get in the 250's but with muscle this time.

With the vastness of the internet, there's gotta be a better place to pose this question, but I'm gonna do it here anyway:

Does anyone have advice on pull-up form?

I am giving the program a second try starting tomorrow morning. My first go lasted 3 weeks, lost me 16 lbs, and just made me feel great in general, but wound up being too much of a time sink to keep up with. The only thing that didn't feel markedly improved about my condition in that time was my ability to do pull-ups. In any of the varied pull-up positions, I can do about 3 reps, but never see any improvement (and the soreness seems to go to my biceps rather than back).

Is there a different approach to the exercise that will help me? Or some alternate lifts I can do to help my back catch up? 3 reps only feels like enough to exhaust those muscles and not enough to actually build them.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
With the vastness of the internet, there's gotta be a better place to pose this question, but I'm gonna do it here anyway:

I am giving the program a second try starting tomorrow morning. My first go lasted 3 weeks, lost me 16 lbs, and just made me feel great in general, but wound up being too much of a time sink to keep up with. The only thing that didn't feel markedly improved about my condition in that time was my ability to do pull-ups. In any of the varied pull-up positions, I can do about 3 reps, but never see any improvement (and the soreness seems to go to my biceps rather than back).

Is there a different approach to the exercise that will help me? Or some alternate lifts I can do to help my back catch up? 3 reps only feels like enough to exhaust those muscles and not enough to actually build them.

3 reps isn't much work. Try doing unassisted reps to failure and then straight into assisted reps until failure as part of the same set.

Ydahs

As EviLore said, you'd want to do as much as you can without the chair assistance and then do assisted pullups with the chair until time runs out.

For form, try not to swing around too much. Tense your core and glutes, trying to keep your lower body on an even field. For phase one, don't stress out on reps. Try to get good form first.

In the videos you see that sometimes they raise their knees on the way up. I've begun doing that myself as the momentum helps me get up. Try it and see if it helps.

When I first started p90x, I could only do two full pull ups (with straight arms). It was the only exercise where I saw little progress. Then at the end of phase 2 I could do 5 without assistance for every variation in one workout. Now, halfway through phase 3, I can do over 7 without a chair nearly every time.

Pull ups aren't easy, but are very important for upper body strength. You'll feel it in your biceps, triceps, shoulders, back and even abs. Stick with it and you'll surely see the improvements. It's all about strength, so naturally you'll find it easier as these other muscle groups continue to improve.

Also, I hardly ever feel it in the back during the actual workout, but I do several hours after.

duk

Banned
it's been 9 months since i finished round 1, need to get back on it after the holidays. lost a bunch of muscle and gained a bit of a gut again lol

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I bought the iPhone app last week and spent a good deal of time setting up my profile and trying out some of the exercises.

I will say this... this is going to kick my ass. When I was younger, I was a skinny guy with a lot of definition because I played sports. By the end of high school, I'd stopped playing sports, but I was still skinny. I was losing definition from not working out, but it didn't really matter. I stayed this way until I turned 24-25. All of a sudden I went from 115 (the most I had ever weighed) to 170-180. It was all concentrated in my damned gut. I'm aged 29 now and I promised myself that I would have my six pack back for my birthday in May and if not the full thing, I would act least have some definition back.

Last night I started the actual program (where it assigned stuff to you daily), but I've actually be doing Ab Ripper X, Chest and Back, and Arms and Shoulders for the last week and I have to say that I'm beat but I feel GOOD. I'm excited about doing the full program now, mostly because I've already noticed changes (my stomach is a bit smaller now and there's a little definition to my rib area and arms).

Wish me luck, guys!

I am curious, how do you guys find the will to keep on going?

I am doing Power 90 and so far it's been pretty good, but I find it so tempting to stop lately because I only have so little time after work and next thing I know I still got another round of workout to go . I know for P90X the length per workout is much longer, so I am curious...

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!

I am doing Power 90 and so far it's been pretty good, but I find it so tempting to stop lately because I only have so little time after work and next thing I know I still got another round of workout to go . I know for P90X the length per workout is much longer, so I am curious...

For me, it's all about time management. I don't waste time online or watching tv and I work two jobs, one is full time and the other I hope to be full time. As soon as I get home from work, I do some quick chores around the house, then do P90X, then go work on my other job until it's bed time (6 hours later).

OG Kush

Good video on p90x pullups:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Wgpe2RRoQ

mm04

Serious answer, the mirror. That plus compliments from others fuels the fire. I just saw some old friends I had not seen in 10 years yesterday and their first comments were "you're still skinny!". As a 40 year old, that was good to hear. Those things help boost your self-esteem and in turn spur you on to continue. About 3 weeks in, P90X moved way up on the priority list. That may or may not happen to you, but it did for me. It would bother me if I couldn't work out. I didn't miss a single workout in 90 days because of that.

As far as time is concerned, do an inventory of how much time you actually spend doing things. For me, I was surprised at how much time I spent doing nothing, like sitting on the couch watching tv or on the computer surfing the net. Turn one of those hours into exercise and you're golden.

Wrekt

Finished the first two days of P90X2 (sort of.) X2 Core is full of exercises where you start in plank and then jump your feet up to your hands. I have a leg injury that makes those type of moves agony so I have to awkwardly walk my feet up. I'm not engaging the right muscles doing that, so it turned into a day of unorthodox cardio.

Plyocide was a bitch. I've gotten so out of shape in the past 9 months, lol.

gcubed

Serious answer, the mirror. That plus compliments from others fuels the fire. I just saw some old friends I had not seen in 10 years yesterday and their first comments were "you're still skinny!". As a 40 year old, that was good to hear. Those things help boost your self-esteem and in turn spur you on to continue. About 3 weeks in, P90X moved way up on the priority list. That may or may not happen to you, but it did for me. It would bother me if I couldn't work out. I didn't miss a single workout in 90 days because of that.

As far as time is concerned, do an inventory of how much time you actually spend doing things. For me, I was surprised at how much time I spent doing nothing, like sitting on the couch watching tv or on the computer surfing the net. Turn one of those hours into exercise and you're golden.

agreed. the times i've gotten into it, it took about 3 weeks until it was routine and i WANTED to do the workouts. The first 3 weeks for me was sheer willpower to push through the desire to do nothing, after that, it became a routine and something that just happened everyday. I do still cheat on Yoga X if it falls on a busy day. 1:35 is pushing it

Simplet

Finished the first two days of P90X2 (sort of.) X2 Core is full of exercises where you start in plank and then jump your feet up to your hands. I have a leg injury that makes those type of moves agony so I have to awkwardly walk my feet up. I'm not engaging the right muscles doing that, so it turned into a day of unorthodox cardio.

I've looked at some videos on the net and aren't these two work-outs pretty much cardio with a little bit of core? Are you not doing any actual weight-lifting at all at the beginning?

is plyocide easier than plyometric?

Was 310lbs in Jan 2010, I am now 258lbs. Going to try this.

Interested to hear how you found it. I was identical to you, though im 230 now (but that was all lost with straight cardio).

Was thinking about starting this in the middle of January when im back from a couple of work trips.

nomster

I've looked at some videos on the net and aren't these two work-outs pretty much cardio with a little bit of core? Are you not doing any actual weight-lifting at all at the beginning?

The first phase of p90x2 is focused on core. I wouldn't describe it as pretyy much cardio outside of plyocide. The last two phases look like they well be more weight lifting focused.

Top Bottom