• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's up with these mobile game ads w/ random IRL people becoming ingame characters?

A couple of weeks ago, Ben Pack of Giant Bomb tweeted about this FFXV mobile game ad.

i cant stop laughing at this fucking mobile game ad where they transform this fucking crossfit instructor into a final fantasy enemy

DIF4JypUAAIIq30

I saw this ad myself and others similar to it and assumed it was a coincidence but I'm wondering if it is.

I just caught this one on my phone. Instead of a random dude turning into a solider, it's a random chick in lingerie turning into a hot fantasy chick.

DJCPxqIW0AAwtf8

They all fit into the same mold it's creepy.

I mean, I know these mobile game companies are all about jumping whatever bandwagon makes them the most amount of money and probably use the same handful of ad agencies but I'm wondering if these ads are actually effective of selling their games to their audience.

Is there a part of the brain that makes whales want to spend money get all energised when they see some random person get fantasy armor shoddily photoshopped into their bodies?

Maybe there was a market researched explanation of why those dude yelling mobile game app icons were (are?) a thing?

R00bot

Mobile game ads are cheap and thus low quality like these. Guess they just thought it was a good idea and didn't have the money for proper advertisers who knew better? (Or maybe it actually works??????)

Those things are made by robots I swear.

What's up with the "Lvl 1 > Lvl 40" ads too

Those ones too! Gah, I actually understand how the feeling of progressing in your game is cool and all but those ads literally dangle those experiences in front of you. They're promising their game will cause your lizard brain to tingle.

That Kate Upton money

Machine Zone, the company that made Game of War and thus got those Kate Upton ads made, are also developing that Final Fantasy XV mobile game too. They are doing the exact same GoW ad campaign for that game but with a random Instagram model.

You should see Kizuna AI in these. They full on put her in the game to push these mobile games. She'll usually post a 15 minute video to her youtube channel about it.

ys45

I like how the guy is wearing shirt and jeans but the woman? Lets put her almost naked in lingerie.

I Swear these damn ads are the worse.

You should see Kizuna AI in these. They full on put her in the game to push these mobile games. She'll usually post a 15 minute video to her youtube channel about it.

I stopped watching half her videos because a lot of her new videos are on freaking mobile games .

That channel must be making so much money by doing this though.

Top Bottom