• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's with the Uninsightful Threads? The "Ya Don't Say" Awards.

Marvel14

Banned
There have been many "you don't say" threads this year. Here are just a few:

1. Console Makers failing in a competitive market makes for better products. Aka Economics 101.

2. Switch OLED is a worse upgrade than PS4 Pro. Aka the Strawman Olympics - Facepalm Edition.

3. Let's compare the specs of the Steamdeck to the Switch. Aka the Strawman Olympics - ' got oodles of time to kill and it shows' Edition.

4.Should I get a 4k TV for the new console that doesn't exist yet? Aka the Extreme Speculation Olympics.

5.I am making my mind up about a game from some Beta footage. Aka I'm a graphics whore, hear me roar.

Are there more deserving threads than these? Or better categories? Do you have any you'd like to nominate for the inaugural Ya Don't Say Awards?

Proposed categoríes (please suggest others or let me know which you prefer/dislike)

1. Did we Really Need a Thread For that?

2. The Strawiest of Strawmen.

3. Extreme Speculation is my Station

4. Banality is my Speci-ality

P.s the inevitable smart alec who nominates this thread gets a free nomination to category 4 😉

Pps And for those who don't like the premise of the thread, this present is especially for you: 🚪

See you on the other side.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I feel like this thread is uninsightful. POINTLESS THREADS ARE POINTLESS, HERE'S A POINTLESS THREAD ADDRESSING ALL THE POINTLESS THREADS. I HEARD YOU LIKE POINTLESSNESS IN YOUR POINTLESSNESS. POINTLESSCEPTION

I am most taken aback and displeased. Delete this thread now. You are part of the problem.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

AmbitiousMagnificentGrub-size_restricted.gif

god i love whenever i get the opportunity to use this gif

Last edited:

Kdad

I feel like this thread is uninsightful. POINTLESS THREADS ARE POINTLESS, HERE'S A POINTLESS THREAD ADDRESSING ALL THE POINTLESS THREADS. I HEARD YOU LIKE POINTLESSNESS IN YOUR POINTLESSNESS. POINTLESSCEPTION

I am most taken aback and displeased. Delete this thread now. You are part of the problem.
Seriously...just join us in the Blue Box thread...it has EVERYTHING including pointlessness.

There have been many "you don't say" threads this year. Here are just a few:

1. Console Makers failing in a competitive market makes for better products. Aka Economics 101.

2. Switch OLED is a worse upgrade than PS4 Pro. Aka the Strawman Olympics - Facepalm Edition.

3. Let's compare the specs of the Steamdeck to the Switch. Aka the Strawman Olympics - ' got oodles of time to kill and it shows' Edition.

4.Should I get a 4k TV for the new console that doesn't exist yet? Aka the Extreme Speculation Olympics.

5.I am making my mind up about a game from some Beta footage. Aka I'm a graphics whore, hear me roar.

Are there more deserving threads than these? Or better categories? Do you have any you'd like to nominate for the inaugural Ya Don't Say Awards?

Proposed categoríes (please suggest others or let me know which you prefer/dislike)

1. Did we Really Need a Thread For that?

2. The Strawiest of Strawmen.

3. Extreme Speculation is my Station

4. Banality is my Speci-ality

P.s the inevitable smart alec who nominates this thread gets a free nomination to category 4 😉

Pps And for those who don't like the premise of the thread, this present is especially for you: 🚪

See you on the other side.
Recursion, see Recursion

Lanrutcon

Now, I'm not saying we got a lot of new blood on the forums these days, buuuut...

Give it a month or two. They'll remove themselves from the herd.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Yeah buying a 4K TV then rage about Switch OLED? I mean as ridiculous as that upgrade is but have you met Nintendo? You should’ve seen that coming.

Marvel14

Banned
the pearl clutching on display
No Way Omg GIF by Lifetime

And the unintentional triggering of folk especially cringe-prone millenials (must be millennials no? The most sensitive generation)
Trigger Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is very funny. Thank you all.

that was not the kind of fun I had in mind but I'll take it.

This Thread can die a death now.....
😄🤣😆

thief183

What's the problem with people that want to talk about stuff? This is a forum and one of the best places to speack to other ppl around the world, if someone want to say something they got all the rights to do it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yeah buying a 4K TV then rage about Switch OLED? I mean as ridiculous as that upgrade is but have you met Nintendo? You should’ve seen that coming.
If I were him I would rage way more about all those "insiders" talking about the switch pro runnning 4k etc.... and the worst part is that for some it was suppose to release in like 2019 or 2020.

Tschumi

glad my thread asking people to give curated lists of games for any console isn't on ur judgey mcJudge list

Marvel14

Banned
What's the problem with people that want to talk about stuff? This is a forum and one of the best places to speack to other ppl around the world, if someone want to say something they got all the rights to do it.
Completely agree....the point here was to highlight threads that don't seem to merit much of a discussion. Not to say that such threads should be banned.

In almost all cases there probably is a really interesting discussion to be had with the right framing..but if people just go with what's at the top of their heads you end up with short Lived and superficial discussion.

Again this is not something to be banned, just an observation that I saw as an opportunity for gentle ribbing.

But this place never ceases to amaze in how gentle ribbing is transmorgaphied into violent and personalized assault.

Last edited:
Let me guess... Switch fan?
I did detect some salt in the two switch examples he gave.

inception GIF

Marvel14

Banned
The only Nintendo fan on this forum decided to make a thread, and it's... this?

Jay Z Reaction GIF by Complex

I did detect some salt in the two switch examples he gave.

inception GIF
If you're not getting attacked by ultra Nintendo fans for being Anti Nintendo (got called a troll for mentioning Steamdeck in a Switch OLED thread- yay me!) and by Anti Nintendo fans for being saltily pro Nintendo (nevermind that the point I'm making implies criticism of Switch OLED) then you can't call yourself a moderate Nintendo fan.

😂

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Yeah its been annoying, but it saves time in your life when you can instantly close a bunch of threads without reading them.

I have vaccination fever right now and I can't even think straight so my bullshit tolerance is even lower than usual, I've saved so much time today, just look at these savings:

Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Marvel14

Banned
glad my thread asking people to give curated lists of games for any console isn't on ur judgey mcJudge list
Why would it be? ..thats asking for specific opinions and inputs on a wide ranging topic.

If your thread had been called :"Curated lists of games give folk ideas for new games to play. Do you agree?" then you may have had a shot.

Top Bottom