• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your current credit score?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title says it all. Just recently checked my credit score and I have a 750 with Transunion. It was higher than I expected. I haven't checked it for a couple of years. I was a bit foolish with my credit when I was younger but it seems that is all in the past. So keep that in mind if you find yourself with a low score. You will eventually get out of it if you make your payments on time.

I have two cards and both are from Capitol One, one Mastercard and one cashback Visa. Capitol One has the free CreditWise app/site which shows your Transunion score. They even have a credit simulator where you can enter in different variables to see how it affects your score. According to their simulator, carrying a balance doesn't affect your score as much as you would think. But I have no idea how accurate it is. I carry balances on both of my cards but I'm hoping that I can get over that 800 mark once I get those paid off.

Curious how my score holds up to GAF. Do we have any perfect 850s out there? Only 0.5% of credit card holders ever make it there.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I have about 790. Had 800 but contracted a cable Internet service when I moved a few months ago and they did a hard inquiry into my credit when I believed it was soft or a glance. Still trying to get that fixed.

Have the Costco Amex, a Everyday Blue Cash Amex, a credit union master card, and a Citi Diamond Preferred Visa.

Clockwork5

On a scale from yes to no...

No.

I don't know the number but I know with my student loans I have no business borrowing more money.

835. I know cuz I recently bought a car. That's also having had 2 foreclosures in my past. What helped me was I still have a property that I continue making timely payments on and I always pay off my credit cards in full every month. Credit score is a fairly forgiving system once you figure out the triggers to decrease and increase your score.

The only thing I've ever gotten that would give me a credit score is a loan that based on my pay at the time, had to be for a minimum period of 6 years.

I paid it off in 4 months.

So... good I assume.

AntoneM

After I dropped out of law school in August after my first year, I suddenly found out that I had a delinquent loan in September. I was given no notice and no warning. No late payment notices or anything; basically my school fucked me for leaving by saying I was no longer enrolled as of May of that year. Now, 8 years later my score is 743. Up from low 600's because of my law schools' fuckery.

Advice. Don't go to law school, do anything else.

PS: Anecdote. Jury duty a couple years ago and the judge asked if anyone had legal experience, I offered that I had gone to law school for a year before dropping out. The judge said "congratulations".

Mistake

780 last I looked. I don't think I have much on my credit anymore, so I'll add a few things when I get another card back home

I was with a succubus for the last decade, she ruined my 720 fico, I'm now sitting firmly at 500 ish (really low 500s). I don't know what to do to bring it up, I can't get a credit line anywhere, I can't even get a capitol one secured credit card. Any tips to help me get back on my feet would be greatly appreciated actually.

I was with a succubus for the last decade, she ruined my 720 fico, I'm now sitting firmly at 500 ish (really low 500s). I don't know what to do to bring it up, I can't get a credit line anywhere, I can't even get a capitol one secured credit card. Any tips to help me get back on my feet would be greatly appreciated actually.

I would have thought that anyone regardless of score could get a secured credit card. Maybe try a different bank or just ask someone at a bank if you can talk to someone to see what you can do?

\Yeah you should be able to get a secured card with any bank. Regardless of score. Check with whomever you have your checking account with.

Averon

Try a secured card from your bank. If that fails, try OpenSky secured Visa card. It's a pretty simple secured card that pretty easy to get approved for. I got approved, and I had no credit history at the time. It has a $35 annual fee, and they are slow to post your payment (takes about a week for your payment to clear and show on your account).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom