• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats your favorite/best purchase of 2020?

for me my peloton bike has been a godsend during this pandemic. I know its not for everyone, and I used to hate cycling as an exercise, but I've really taken to it.

I have zero time for anything with kids and the bike is situated in my bedroom so its just super easy to hop on and off and go straight into the shower between meetings.

Runners up:
Airpod Pros - pretty freaking nifty little piece of tech
iPhone SE 2020 - my iphone 8 took a bath in the ocean during hte summer, so ive been using an old iphone 6. didnt like the iphone 12, so opted for the 2020 SE. its everything I was looking for in a new phone without added costs.

whats your best purchases of the year? anything you'd recommend?

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Had a few I am enjoying.

Got some Kef Q150 speakers for my desk set-up. The iPhone 12 has been a great upgrade from an 8. I also picked up a MacBook at the beginning of the year that has been really useful with more time spent at home.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Probably my iPhone 12 Pro, because my old phone's battery was dead and the screen was too small. But I didn't buy much in 2020, honestly, and in fact sold a lot of stuff I had lying around.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I paid £345 for a book that I've already had the pleasure of owning and reading.

Some my scoff at a £350, but this is limited to only 750 copies and as a historian, it is an extremely important book to own. I'm also a book collector with my own, personal library, so this is what I would call a worthy investment. And yes. I shall read this version, although with absolute care.

hrt_book.png

This place makes some of the best jerky imo - check it out if youre into that or looking for a gift.

i buy it every year, usually two half pound bags for myself and i gift a few half pound bags to my dad and brothers.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Quite a few actually

1. My second 27" 144hz 1440p monitor for my PC

41AhSXHIm9L._AC_.jpg

2. My KRK Rokit 5 reference monitor speakers for my PC so I didnt have to rely on headphones for audio

41i5K-Wru6L.jpg

3. My M-Audio Air 192|4 audio interface to isolate my audio devices on my PC for god-tier clarity (I love the huge knob lol)

81JpoUzLJ5L._AC_SX425_.jpg

4. My Google Home Max, Google Home, and Google home minis. The Max is just the coolest and sounds so damn good, it fills the house and the sound quality is aces. I snagged the others to complement this bad boy, and now have Google Home in every room of the house. Use it constantly.

google-home-max-5.jpg

5. Werewolf by Night, Tomb of Dracula, Animal Man omnibi, and Spawn and Saga trade paperbacks

51pOEgdPm1L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

6. A metric shit ton of Hack/Slash and Buffy comics to fill the gaps in my collection. Still increasing in value since purchase.

d77vjkz-e8c393d3-99c3-413a-88e4-c1171effa14e.jpg

7. My two JVC and one Sony professional video monitors for my retro consoles. S-Video heaven.

0lh5qdca98051.jpg

It's been an eventful year. I need a new car in 2021 so I plan on laying low for a while. I'm glad I snagged all this stuff when I did, I'm set for a long while.

Last edited:
I devoted three hours to Best Buy's website on the day that the PlayStation 5 became available for pre-order, which is how I got mine. How much time did you devote?
Since release? Probably collectively a few hours. Multiple Sony queues, multiple Walmart queues.

Fbh

In a rather depressing year....I don't think I got myself anything big this year.

Biggest one was probably an Aeropress, pretty neat.

Do these actually look that ?
Always wanted one of these but they seemed like the usual products that looks nothing like the pic

theHFIC

I have been work from home since March and for the past 7-8 years have been using a fold out table as my main workspace for my computers. So this summer I did the drawings, bought the raw materials, measured 3 times and (usually) cut once and built myself a proper desk to work and game from.

VuWKChP.jpg

2nd favorite purchase is successfully getting an Analogue Pocket preorder and a Mega SG (with General Chaos).

Got a 65" samsung 4ktv. Used to have a 55" in my living room and that was once considered a big screen but times have changed and it started to feel tiny. 100% happy with the upgrade, and I moved the old tv into my bedroom.

Also got an instantpot multicooker with an air fryer attachment and this shit can cook anything with little cleanup, it's dope

Last edited:

Stouffers

Banned
Major 2020 purchases:

Springless Trampoline: $1,400
2nd Ragdoll cat: $1,100
Golden Doodle: $2,300
Invisible Fence: $1,000
2 Segway gokarts: $2,600

Tschumi

It happened very early in the year, before COVID-19 put it all on hold for various reasons, but i do believe i bought an engagement ring in 2020.

Woffls

Dali Opticon 8 floorstanding speakers... until Friday when i will own my first property 🙌🏼 furniture can wait

also Denon X4700, some trench coats, crates of La Chouffe... 🍺

Happosai

Hold onto your panties
Fender Player Stratocaster. Major upgrade in sound and playability vs my old Squier. Added locking tuners and it’s good to go.
Stats are fun in that the single coil pick-up sound works with a variety of amps, preamps, pedals, and pedal boards. The reason so many higher-end dual humbucking pick -up guitars have a coil tap switch is all for the sole purpose of getting a strat sound. The Squires aren't bad but the electronics burn out faster and many have had issues with the truss. I hope you can share a picture of it.

Top Bottom