• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whats your favorite/best purchase of 2020?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
prostate-massager-21_5.jpg

Thats a strange looking bottle opener.
Can you upload a video showing us how it works?

deafmedal

55” CX
I guess PS5 even though I’ve hardly touched it
ATX show TOOL autographed poster
Quarter oz 710 concentrates
Sherpa zip up hoodie and button down from Threyda
Pullover hoodie from Dearborn Denim
That fucking steak I had in Seattle, goddamn 🔥

Still to come:
AR-15 (still trying to buy second hand or gun show but will buy at store/pawn shop if needed)
New boots

Is this for Microsoft Flight Simulator?

For me it was my electric tea kettle. At first I was just using it for tea, but now I use that thing for anything I need boiling water for.
How did you boil your water before? Isn't a kettle the most basic of kitchen appliances that everyone owns?

deafmedal

How did you boil your water before? Isn't a kettle the most basic of kitchen appliances that everyone owns?
Before I bought an espresso machine I used a french press and just boiled water in a pot on the stovetop. I picked up a french press for work since hotel coffee sucks so bad and also grabbed an electric kettle, works great!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
LG CX 55" TV - £1,760 - most i had ever paid for a TV was £580 back in 2008. the LG is worth every damn penny.

iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB (with AppleCare+) - £1,400 - last flagship and last iPhone I bought was the 4S in 2011 which I kept for 2 years so for the last 7 years I've been using budget/mid range Androids. I guess smartphones don't excite me as much any more and I don't want to upgrade as often. So I wanted a really good premium flagship phone that would last me a longtime and of course I needed good software support and Android can't really compete with iOS in this respect.

Gibson Les Paul Junior guitar - £830 - second hand 10 year old guitar. it's the one i've always wanted. decided to treat myself. i love how it plays and sounds. my favourite guitar :)

Asus VG27AQ 1440p 165hz IPS G-Sync/Freesync monitor - £480 - previous monitor was a 1440p 60hz IPS. my main reason for getting a new monitor was a bigger screen. 27" feels much better than 24". i tried out a 32" monitor but it was too much. VRR is a game changer and i don't know how i lived without it in my games.

Asus AX86U WiFi 6 Router - £230 - i had only really used my ISP router but the last couple years i kept having issues with it. i bought a 3rd party one which became fautly outside of warranty period. £230 sounded crazy at first but i think it's money well spent. so much more reliable.

Sony WF-1000XM3 earphones - £170 - i was a 3.5mm defender but i had no option really but to go wireless on iPhone. i can't go back to wireless earphones now. no more tangled wires, accidently yanking them out my ears, or having to keep my phone in my hand/pocket all the time. I love being able to just get up and walk about while still being able to listen to my music and not have to worry about the wire. haven't had any disconnections, sound is great, and battery life is good.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Congratulations to everyone who got a PS5 for me it’s the Ninja Foodie, a game changer for meal preps
images

Pejo

Well I had a kettle for the stove, but this thing is just something you plug the base into the wall and it superheats the water in like half the time.
Looks kinda like this:

It breaks the barrier for me of "oh I could make this but I'd have to wait for the water to boil so nah". It's just a mental thing but it works.

tichamac

Banned
I bought a second monitor to replace one that broke. I was thinking about moving to a 3 monitor setup, but my desk isn't big enough.

Mikado

Gold Member
I bought a church. Fuck your consoomer pods and fuck your reset. Me and the lady gonna live out the apocalypse in style.

I paid £345 for a book that I've already had the pleasure of owning and reading.

Some my scoff at a £350, but this is limited to only 750 copies and as a historian, it is an extremely important book to own. I'm also a book collector with my own, personal library, so this is what I would call a worthy investment. And yes. I shall read this version, although with absolute care.

hrt_book.png
Leonidas would be proud.

Banned
Condoms
Had a girl I was seeing call me up saying she has STD’s. Went and got checked, I’m clean.

McHuj

New house back in April, right before people started getting easing up on the paranoia.

We really hated our old house and the neighbors, but without Covid this really wouldn't have happened, as we weren't confined to the house as much so it was tolerable.

Top Bottom