• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your '[game] VR Edition' dream announcement?

komplanen

I want the proper mod-able PC Minecraft to support every aspect of VR imaginable.

I imagine the closest thing I'll get is either some stupid Hololens crap or proper VR done in some version of Minecraft that doesn't support mods at all.

What about you?

finalflame

Gold Member
MMO Harvest Moon Story of Seasons VR.

Marvelous PLZ.

this is so outside the scope of XSeed's capabilities/talent and will never happen.

Eggbok

Dreams is my dream VR announcement. But since that's most likely happening I'll say Star Wars. A jedi knight styled VR game would be badass.

Fasty

Dreams is my dream VR announcement. But since that's most likely happening I'll say Star Wars. A jedi knight styled VR game would be badass.

Dreams would be amazing. And possibly nightmare inducing.

My vote would be Wipeout for sure

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
A new TIE Fighter, X-Wing, X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance.

Also Wipeout.

21x2

Metroid Prime seems almost too perfect. It's a shame Nintendo is unlikely to approach the idea of VR for at least another console generation.

OBias

Panzer Dragoon. It would be truly breathtaking to swoop around in the air on a dragon in VR, flying through ancient ruins and dense forests, shooting homing lasers at your pursuers.

Golnei

Metroid Prime seems almost too perfect. It's a shame Nintendo is unlikely to approach the idea of VR for at least another console generation.

At least you can always use a VR-compatible fork of Dolphin to emulate the originals.

Boku no Natsuyasumi : VR Edition
Yakuza : VR Edition
Yu-Gi-Oh : VR Edition (with hand accessory)

Marvelous PLZ.

Fixed that for you.

It's definitely outside of XSEED's ballpark, but XSEED's parent company continue to develop the farming sim games to date.

Thoraxes

I'm hoping Takaki-sama will bless me with Senran Kagura VR this year.

I don't think he'll pass this opportunity up.

Football manager VR: touch line pacing, half-time talks to despondent players, and passionate fans hurling abuse at you from the stands.

finalflame

Gold Member
Fixed that for you.

It's definitely outside of XSEED's ballpark, but XSEED's parent company continue to develop the farming sim games to date.

Oopsie -- you're right. Fixed my original post.

I hope we see at least see a Story of Seasons installment on a non-handheld device. The things I would do for a proper WiiU/PS4/NX Story of Seasons are obscene and improper.

OBias

I want the proper mod-able PC Minecraft to support every aspect of VR imaginable.

I imagine the closest thing I'll get is either some stupid Hololens crap or proper VR done in some version of Minecraft that doesn't support mods at all.

The Windows 10 version of Minecraft will support Oculus Rift.

JamboGT

Gran Turismo and Ace Combat, so am pretty happy.

I would love WipEout but always found it too quick for first person despite being generally top 50 on the lap boards.

Dunan

Valkyria Chronicles. I want to shoot at watercolor-ish anime soldiers while running around in that hand-painted environment.

elyetis

The Windows 10 version of Minecraft will support Oculus Rift.
I think that's why he specify he want proper support for a version with modding and all. VR for Windows 10 version only was an underwhelming annoucement when you care about modding.

Dredd97

Football manager VR: touch line pacing, half-time talks to despondent players, and passionate fans hurling abuse at you from the stands.

oh god! The abuse you'd get at away grounds...

mind you if I could punch Ronaldo in it...yeah I'd be up for that 😉

OBias

I think that's why he specify he want proper support for a version with modding and all. VR for Windows 10 version only was an underwhelming annoucement when you care about modding.

I didn't know the Windows 10 version doesn't support modding, that sucks.

21x2

At least you can always use a VR-compatible fork of Dolphin to emulate the originals.

Yeah, I'll need to try that out. Sadly a lot of my experiences with fan made VR mods have been, well, subpar.
The Valve-made VR support for HL2 is very impressive but also shows how much work adding it is. Much more than binding the camera to the headset orientation and chainging FOV. Therefore I have some doubts about it, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Oyume

Neo Member

Even thought there is a VR mod for Mincecraft, getting the Java version ready to run at a proper and consistent performance is very hard to do. So if you care for proper VR integration, the Windows 10 version was the best solution.

ZehDon

No Man's Sky. An endless galaxy of strange new worlds to encounter and explore, teeming with life to observe and document. The simple act of walking over a hill, and watching the sun rise across an alien landscape, with a close planet hanging in the sky, teasing me to continue. And to feel like I'm right there. On a world that no one else will ever see. I was born too young to explore the universe. No Man's Sky VR is the ultimate for me.

cheezcake

It's not really a dream but I'm sort of worried that a lot of VR dev is going towards super large scale environments which is great and stuff, but I really want to see some smaller scale, polished experiences. Things like PT, not necessarily the horror element but just really interesting and creative uses of smaller but more polished environments. I feel a VR game taking place in a single location could be quite a powerful experience in terms of the relationship the player can develop with said location.

Ogni-XR21

Panzer Dragoon. It would be truly breathtaking to swoop around in the air on a dragon in VR, flying through ancient ruins and dense forests, shooting homing lasers at your pursuers.

This. It had not occured to me before but this would be perfect for VR. Seated experience. Holding the controller would resemble holding the reins. Aim where you look.

Top Bottom