• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your internet speed and how much do you pay?

Patrick S.

Banned
I'm in Germany, and have Telekom Magenta XL, which is 250 Mbit VDSL with unlimited calls to all cell and landlines in Germany. I do feel it's a bit expensive; It's around €60 with taxes.

Tesseract

Banned
100 down

10 up

it sucks because it's supposed to be much higher and was before spectrum bought up road runner

eat my dick for selling out, road runner

the ping however is pretty great, very little packet loss, video gaming has always been nearly perfect

Last edited:

Vlaphor

$90 a month for 300 down, 30 up, and 1 TB a month download limit (I've breached that a couple of times, mainly through rom collections). Cox has one faster internet speed called Gigablast, which would be an extra $20, but I can easily get 35-40MB a sec downloads on Steam and such, so I'm not really seeing the need for faster internet.

Still wish Google brought fiber over to Topeka. We even changed our name for a day to Google just to entice them, but no, they went with Kansas City.

Super Mario

Banned
100 down
10 up
Ohio USA
$30 USD

Honestly, I don't see the need for paying anything more. I can stream HD while downloading large files. It would be pointless to spend hundreds of dollars extra per year

Pagusas

Elden Member
1000 down / 1000 up, $89/month

AT&T Fiber, up in a new construction area of Frisco/Propser, Tx. Real world I get about 890 down and 920 up most of the time. I’m still shocked how cheap it is for such good service.

ElTJNTM_d.jpg

Last edited:

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
100 down
100 up
AT&T fiber $50

I have unlimited data only because I bundled with a TV package. It’s capped at 1 TB a month for internet only subscribers which is some grade A bulldookie.

Can’t complain about the service, though. My connection has always been rock solid.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
8323584005.png

$20 USD/m. Fucking BH Telecom.
the funny thing is, it's 60% faster than most of the country.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

60 euro's a month
includes:
1) HD cable TV, 100 networks, 50 radio stations
2) Satalite TV for english TV and German TV receptions
3) 2 telephones and a fax connection
4) Mobile phone can be registered to call for completely free towards my 2 telephone lines and the other way around for as long as i want.
4) 100mb up and 100mb down connection
5) unlimited data cap
6) HBO subscription, never used it once. just download game of thrones.
7) Netflix subscription, never used it really, mostly download the movies easier.
8) Spotify subscription, never used it. mostly jank music from youtube and push it on my iphone for sports.
9) Rentel movie service that gives a bunch of movies and series for free every month in hd and sd quality ( never really use it, watched a few movies on it tho in the past )

Falcs

Banned
I usually connect at around 40–50 kbit/s. It's pretty good. I can usually download an MP3 of a short song in about an hour.

Sincerely,
An Australian.

nikolino840

20mb ,without static ip,with no ways to open the Doors and change nat on my Xbox (wireless adsl,a crap,but Is the only system where i live)

34€ month,but i pay every two months so 68€ every two months

Virex

Banned
10 Mbps down (but my line is syncing at 12mbps but I only need to pay for 10 Mbps)
1 Mbps up

South Africa

There is no fiber in my area. But they are busy with it.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
200Mbps down, 20 up?

Paying like $80/month until Comcast raises it.

Same as two posts above, 350/20 for about £52 with Virgin.
Will be on Vodaphone's 1gb/1gb soon for £48, fttp was laid down in my street last month.

nemiroff

Gold Member
500/500
Norway
100 USD converted.

Oh, wait, I forgot, it also includes a massive IPTV pack (also HBO)

Last edited:

n0razi

$50/mo for 100/10

I was paying $70 for 300/30 which is a good price IMHO but honestly rarely needed that extra speed so decided to pocket that $20 instead... Every once in a while when I am downloading a 50+ GB file I miss it.

Last edited:

HeadsUp7Up

1000/1000 $70 per month in Dallas, TX

We have gigabit through AT&T and got in on a promo deal a couple of years ago. The only thing I’ve seen that can saturate it so far is the Origins app on PC/Mac. I downloaded a 13GB file in about 3 minutes the other day. The speed is incredible and I wouldn’t dream of going back to something slower especially since we’re a streaming only household and I’m digital only on games.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Comcast Xfinity for internet and cable. Only broadband option for us, and we watch a lot of sports and do a lot of channel surfing and watching of shows a across networks so cord cutting is expensive due to services needed, especially since Comcast charges a lot more for Internet if you don't do an internet and tv (plus discount from keeping renewing 2-year contracts). We have Tivos so we don't pay for their tv boxes.

I just got 172 down and 11 up on Speedtest.net (wired PC, but get the same on Wifi usually). Plan says up to 150 down, but pretty much always test in the 170-190 range. Bill after taxes and fees etc. is $155 a month (HBO is $15 extra and Starz for no charge on current contract) is $146.18 a month. 1 TB cap is bullshit, but we've never came that close to going over it so moot for us for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom