• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your motto in life?

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Although probably too long to be considered a motto, this is what I try to live by:

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

highrider

Banned
Hold fast.

I remember a scene in Master and Commander where they were under attack and there was a palpable sense of dread amongst the crew particularly reflecting in the young boys training as officers. The kid that lost his arm looks at a grizzled sailor gripping something and sees Hold Fast inked on the guys knuckles. As if to say, keep it together under fire. It always stuck with me. I love the way it sounds.

Kanojo23

"Living is easy with eyes close, misunderstanding all you see" by John Lennon... after I heard his lyrics it woke me up from my grave :messenger_loudly_crying:

odhin

This thread reads like a compilation of those damn instagram posts where people post their photo with a stupid mighty and deep message to accompany it.
Those almost always make me laugh.

“Every day above ground is a good day.”

Tesseract

Banned
C5wLqs9WQAAOy7Y.jpg

Attitude is everything.

Hold fast.

I remember a scene in Master and Commander where they were under attack and there was a palpable sense of dread amongst the crew particularly reflecting in the young boys training as officers. The kid that lost his arm looks at a grizzled sailor gripping something and sees Hold Fast inked on the guys knuckles. As if to say, keep it together under fire. It always stuck with me. I love the way it sounds.

I remember that scene made a big impression on my dad as well.

Top Bottom