• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your one gaming moment to be remembered by?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20415
  • Start date

LakeEarth

0ICLiGJhbC9DCBsBGl5TVkU3L2FjaC8wLzI3AAAAAOfn5-8sOK8=.jpg

Start a Real Band Already Award
Earned five stars on all songs in the Expert tour

Also, beating Super Mario Land with the gameboy upside down in my hands, but that was ages ago.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Did one lap in Wario's Stadium (Mario Kart 64) in 14 seconds.

Also, getting challenged by my whole college at Marvel vs Capcom 2. They would come to my dorm and shit while I was sleeping, wake me up, challenge, they would lose, leave, etc. Rinse, repeat. Its not that I'm awesome, youre just as good as your competition, etc.

Gattsu25

Banned
beating Ultimate Doom on Nightmare without rushing through any levels, limiting myself to two saves per level (one at the very start of a level and only one other during)

Can't even come close to doing this again

Around a week after I did this, I tried the same with Doom 2 and couldn't make it past the first level with the Mancubus

snacknuts

we all knew her
I was working at an arcade/mini golf/go-track place when NFL Blitz came out in the arcade. I played a couple games with some dudes who worked there and got hooked, so I finally created a name on the machine to keep track of my stats. Before the owner decided to wipe all the records clean, I had compiled a cabinet-best 114-0 record (against the CPU and other players) and was #1 in a lot of the stat categories. It's the only arcade game I've ever gotten really into.

pubba

Amazing the neurosurgeon who re-attached my right thumb by regaining almost 100% dexterity and feeling after buying a PS1 on release from hospital.

It took almost a year, but the team who did the operation were doubtful that I would ever be able to use my hand properly again. PS1 ftw!

Gattsu25

Banned
pubba said:
Amazing the neurosurgeon who re-attached my right thumb by regaining almost 100% dexterity and feeling after buying a PS1 on release from hospital.

It took almost a year, but the team who did the operation were doubtful that I would ever be able to use my hand properly again. PS1 ftw!
Similar situation with me and my right index finger, but you can thank the original Unreal for that one (first FPS I ever played WASD **OR** with a mouse)

I used to play Medal of Honor: Spearhead rather religiously online, and I got extremely good at it, probably better than I've ever been at any game.
Anyway, one time I was playing a clan match against a very highly ranked clan, when only 1 of my clan mates showed up for the match, so it was 2 of us vs. 10 of them.

I got 60 kills and only 5 deaths, I was like a demigod for that half hour or so.

Aleman

I don't have one specific moment but I'll always have great memories of playing Halo co-op and split screen all night during high school sleepovers. Especially Assault on the Control Room co-op and deathmatch on Hang em High.

Downing Onyxia for the first time in WoW

Defeating Ghaleon in Lunar SSS (It was the first RPG I finished ever, so epic!)

Constantly destroying all of my friends in Super Smash Brothers Melee
(Most fights were around 30 to 10 some cases around 30 to -20s)
(Timed Mode 10 mins)
I play Luigi

Hellraizah

Defeating Ranger X in Super Mario Kart, Mario Circuit 2.

We were at the last lap, I was the leader by a hair and Ranger X had a mushroom so I knew he was going to use the last jump of the course to get the win. I began to slowly decelerate and I tried by looking at his screen to put my kart's ass in his face. He finally took the boost, bumped into me (that sent me way too far out of the course). He missed the jump and landed where you have to "jump over" so maybe at the middle of the course. Lakitu brought me back just in front of the finish line for the win.

I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

The first time I played Super Mario 64 then Zelda Ocarina of Time right after. Holy fucking shit. I think this was actually the day I became a core gamer, as I was only casually interested in games before. And I guess my friend, who was with me at this moment, will definitely be able to testify of this at my funeral.

1 - I used to manage a pizza restaurant that had a Galaga machine. I ended up filling every slot of the high score list with 999,970.

2 - Being featured in Blender magazine earlier this year for completely dominating local Guitar Hero tournaments on a weekly basis.

Ranger X

Hellraizah said:
Defeating Ranger X in Super Mario Kart, Mario Circuit 2.

We were at the last lap, I was the leader by a hair and Ranger X had a mushroom so I knew he was going to use the last jump of the course to get the win. I began to slowly decelerate and I tried by looking at his screen to put my kart's ass in his face. He finally took the boost, bumped into me (that sent me way too far out of the course). He missed the jump and landed where you have to "jump over" so maybe at the middle of the course. Lakitu brought me back just in front of the finish line for the win.

I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

That was the best Mario Kart moment ever. :lol :lol

stuminus3

donkey.jpg

I got the highest score possible in this game, making the score reset to 0 and the game go back to the normal starting speed.

Probably not the hardest gaming achievement ever, but I felt pretty good about it.

I also got the highest possible score on some soccer-themed pinball table I played on a few years back, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called. I have since discovered my pinball skills have completely disappeared. Damnit.

Mr Jared

If I had to pick one ...

Winning the worlds first and only Prop Cycle tournament. Only because I can't believe that arcade actually had one and that I can still perfect run that entire game to this day.

It was also on the same day that I won a Time Crisis tournament. How I miss Namco arcades :(

1. Playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II against my friend over a modem. Since I always beat him so badly, I decided to cut him some slack by running around with no weapons. I ran into a room with no other entrance/exit, so I had no choice but to try to slip past him when he entered the room. As he opened the door, I ran towards him and punched him in the face and to my surprise, he slumped to the ground. The fool hadn't bothered to replenish his health/shields!

2. More multi-player, this time against my sister in Mario Kart: Double-Dash!! last Christmas. She was ahead of me, but I was catching up to her and had just received a Mushroom. I could see that her second character was holding a red shell and I knew that if I used the Mushroom to pass her, she would just hit me with the shell. So I used the Mushroom to ram into her kart from behind, which not only sent her off track, but also caused my character to steal her red shell. As soon as I realised what happened, I fired the red shell back in her face. She is determined to get me back for that.

3. Worms 2 online. One worm left, against an opponent who also had one worm left, but also had most of his heavy artillery still available (air strikes, napalm, etc.). One more go for him and he would surely win, so I had to make sure my turn counted. So I spent a long time checking the distance, the wind, the angle, and then fired my bazooka in his general direction - all the way on the other side of the map. Direct hit, game over!!

Gattsu25

Banned
My dad was playing against my brother in a starcraft game. My brother was playing Zerg and my dad was playing as Protoss and for some reason, he was playing this match by having an upkeep limited army of Dragoons on patrol and eventually wiped out my brother's army until he had nothing else but a spare base, a hydralisk farm, and a single drone. He felt the match was done and wanted to quit but I told him he could still win and eventually he let me take over without anyone letting my dad know we had just swapped out.

I took the drone, who was on the northern half of the map and surrounded by his patrols and slowly made my way down to the last shreds of my base, hiding underneath the ground whenever a patrol was nearby. I eventually made it back to the base and started work on harvesting materials to start building an army of hydralisks using all of the available resources that I could and slowly started to attack his outer defenses as I cleared a path to the gas and crystal resources he controlled.

At this point I had already been playing, in my brother's place, for an hour and it wasn't for another hour that I finished the round victorious, much to the anger of my dad. It was a great moment but my dad being who he was, it didn't exactly end on a pleasant note for me or my brother.

vesp

Griefing a guy so hard in wow that he deleted his 70 to come talk to me and threaten my life then post a cash reward for my rl address on the server boards which then led to an account ban.

roxya

vesp said:
Griefing a guy so hard in wow that he deleted his 70 to come talk to me and threaten my life then post a cash reward for my rl address on the server boards which then led to an account ban.

You would really like to be remembered this way?

radiuhm

It's not that great, but when I got my N64 my first game was Star Fox 64, and me and my best friend stayed up all night playing it till we beat it. Oh how I felt proud!

Beating the kart level on Battletoads for the first time. I was the only guy in the neighborhood that actually did it without using the warp on the 10th wall.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Most impressive old one:

Ninja Gaiden NES, completed on one life.

Most impressive recent one:

Halo, Legendary Single-player, Truth and Reconciliation completed with no damage except to shields.

Lumine

Skipping the first day of school (after summer) when I was 10 years old so I could play Secret of Mana at a friend's house. We loved that game. My mum found out though, because the school called. So she picked us up and brought us to school anyway. :(

Those were the days. :)

Completing ISS 64 World cup in one sitting with my bro numerous times. We had no memory card :D Then years later beating my bro 11-0 on fifa 06.

Aalyx

Oof, I dunno, one was losing my memory card and completing MGS2 in one sitting, really didn't want to turn the PS2 off :lol

Pikelet

CTF desert combat in a 2 hour clan battle with first cap wins. Escaping with the flag after ten minutes of planning on teamspeak involving a huge distraction convoy of ten players while i snuck in the back with a jeep. The final drive home being chased by choppers and artillery everywhere was the most intense shit ever but the inevitable victory will always be remembered

not the hardest thing, but beating a link to the past the 2nd time thru without dying or turning the system off, i was in elementary school

playing virtua fighter 2 for over an hour on 50 cents, dont remember the amount of consecutive wins but it was fun, never died my ride was leaving so i gave my game over to the next player

voltron

...Getting 38k achievement points. Im clearly made of pure win.

Oh, and for not being able to finish Ninja Gaiden.

Miguel

Baker said:
- I was babysitting a neighbor kid when I was ~16 and he said they played Number Munchers at school that day. Tyrannosaurus Matt still had the high score ten years later.
Awesome :lol

Number Munchers was the 2nd best game I ever played at school, behind Oregon Trail, but ahead of Dinopark Tycoon and Dr. Quandry's Island or whatever it was called.

Nander

Winning the Halo tournament at a LAN together with a friend, against some really good players. They were so cocky and confident they would win, and the look on their faces after they realized they had lost were priceless :)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
On a few occasions, in multiteam and team slayer, I've had my team quit on me, only to pull out the win myself.

Zelda OoT ... When I got 100% of everything.. and be fighting Ganon... Sooo nice....

Also.. Be unbeated champion in Wii Sport Tennis so far almost like 50 matchs.. Its all about to read the other players moves..

Nakasan

FINALLY a reasonable time for me to bring this up without looking like a bragging nob!

SOURCE: http://news.s-p-o-n-g.com/press_release/126

Sonic Reeboks Challenge Winner Burns Rubber
Neil Riddaway stormed home to win the Sonic Reebok Challenge just 0.05 seconds ahead of the second place contender in Sonic's online challenge.

1st Feb: 2000

It was a photo finish, you might say, as Neil Riddaway stormed home to win the Sonic Reebok Challenge just 0.05 seconds ahead of the second place contender. Of the 3500 entrants across Europe who took part in Sonic the Hedgehog’s online challenge, Neil’s winning time of 46.09 seconds guaranteed him first prize of a personalised Dreamcast pod, and £1,000 worth of Reebok sportswear, including the latest Reebok DMX shoes (which contestants had to collect in the game).

Contestants from across Europe downloaded to their Visual Memory unit a specially designed version of the Sonic Adventure Emerald Coast course from a website only accessible with their Sonic Adventure Dreamcast game. They were required to retrieve five pairs of hidden Reebok DMX trainers which Dr Robotnik had stolen from Sonic’s wardrobe, while competing for the fastest completion time. Times were then uploaded to Dreamarena – the dedicated exclusive website for Dreamcast owners – so that contestants could gauge their rating. Contestants were allowed to enter as many times as they wished. Winners were notified via e-mail and their names are published on the Sonic Home Page and on Dreamarena.

J-F Cecillon, Chief Executive Officer, Sega Europe, said:

“The European Sonic Speed Challenge with Reebok DMX, was the first on-line Sonic Adventure competition targeted specifically at Sega’s European audience. Reebok’s support both in-game and for our consumers made this a truly stimulating competition. These kind of competitions are the next step to creating Dreamcast’s on-line community.”

AAAAAND I got into the Official Dreamcast Magazine baby!

So yeah, I think I have you all beat, cuz hell, I could get buried IN the trophy for my one gaming moment.

My lifes been on a slippery slope downward ever since.

Well really, I'd rather they didn't, but if they must, they can tell the amazing tale of Segata beating Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts one lazy Saturday back when he was a dextrous young teenager or they can tell the storied fable of Segata one-crediting Metal Slug 3 on the Xbox after near-years of trying as his considerably less dextrous adult self.

Link1110

Probably beating the vampires with Will in Illusion of Gaia, but some of my Ouendan/EBA accomplishments are coming close.

Bought Ouendan 1 used, Medium was already done except RSG. I got through that and all of hard mode in a little over 24 hours.

Got through all of Divas mode in EBA except JJF within 24 hours of unlocking it.

Almost got a full combo in JJF on hard (damn that last spinner!)

I almost got full combos in every song on hard in Ouendan 2, only missing Countdown, Sekai wa Sore wo Ai to Youbun da ze, Monkey Magic, and Samurai Blue.

Top Bottom