• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your Top 3 Must Play SNES JRPG?

butman

I know there's TOP GAF JRPG thread, but now the SNES is kicking on the N3DS, let's Nintendo (and new generations) ear our best 3 SNES JRPG. And maybe, who knows they can be realeased in the N3DS VC.

I pick:

- FFVI
- Chrono Trigger
- Lufia II

Your turn.

Nanashrew

Banned
A top 3?

Uhhh...

FF6
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

Kind of predictable for me... I talk about those games a lot.

Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VI

You're gonna see the above two on 99% of post here, the 3rd pick is gonna be where it fluctuates

Personally I'd pick Illusion of Gaia as my 3rd though that's more of a homer pick I'll admit

PSqueak

Banned
Super Mario RPG
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy 6

Must play in that specific order, SMRPG is the ultimate beginner JRPG, Chrono is a very solid JRPG that is not as dificult as standard JRPGs of the time and FF6 is the ultimate iconic JRPG of the generation.

Spman2099

If you include the Super Famicom into this it becomes A LOT harder.

I think we all know that Chrono Trigger is going to make a lot of lists. That is a given. Similarly, many people will add FF6. It seems like this is going to, covertly, be a topic about the third best JRPG on the system. My vote for third best goes to Secret of Mana.

Theodoricos

Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger are practically mandatory for 2 of those spots. It only gets trickier when it comes to the third game, and I'm not sure which one I'd pick, but I think I'd ultimately say Final Fantasy IV.

Havok1313

1. Chrono Trigger
1. Super Mario RPG
1. Secret of Mana
1. FF IV
1. FF V
1. FF VI

I can't follow your rules sorry =( All nearly flawless games.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
A top 3?

Uhhh...

FF6
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

I feel these are the right titles, in the right order.

EDIT: FFVI and CT are in my top 10 JRPGS on ANY system. Hot stuff

EDIT EDIT: I'll also add that I first played DQ V on an emulator with a fan translation... if that counted, I'd have to shuffle some stuff around.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I know there's TOP GAF JRPG thread, but now the SNES is kicking on the N3DS, let's Nintendo (and new generations) ear our best 5 SNES JRPG. And maybe, who knows they can be realeased in the N3DS VC.

I pick:

- FFVI
- Chrono Trigger
- Lufia II

Your turn.

Perfect list. Absolutely perfect.

Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Seiken 3

invoker-gdlk.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy III/VI
3. Chrono Trigger again because holy shit

1. EarthBound
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Super Mario RPG

That's actually all the RPGs I've played I've played for SNES. Just started getting into Final Fantasy and DQ, but the SNES games are a ways off.

RPGam3r

1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Bahamut Lagoon

Honorable mentions:
Secret of Mana, Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire II, Seiken Densetsu III, Final Fantasy V, Star Ocean, Terranigma.

Pachinko

Chrono Trigger obviously , Final Fantasy 6 of course .... but man picking a third one is kind of tough.

I mean ... it's honestly at least a 3 way tie between secret of mana, mario RPG and Terranigma.

FFVI
ChronoTrigger
and, hmm, gets tough after that. Loved Earthbound and still remember skipping out on lacrosse practice e in HS to play it the day it came out. But I also really liked SM RPG. Secret of Mana would be up there too if we include it

A top 3?

Uhhh...

FF6
Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG

I think this is the best answer so I'll be a little different and say 3 games that won't get mentioned as much but much more likely you haven't played.

1. Lufia 2
2. Secret of Evermore
3. Dragon Quest 5

Top Bottom