• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When did Corrinne Yu leave Naughty Dog? (Now lead dev manager of Amazon's Prime Air)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Just now realizing this, tried to search for an old thread to see if I missed it, but nothing came up. Didn't see any news reports on it with a Google search either.

Twitter bio says:

"Prime Air Principal Development Manager;am direct report to VP of Science Paul Viola;Computer Vision;was the Principal Engine Architect of Halo 4,NaughtyDog,etc"

Confirmed on her LinkedIn too. Huh.

Lock if old/not news worthy.

Edit: Thank you based Mods.

entremet

What a coup by Amazon. Maybe she wanted to go back to the Pacific Northwest?

Was she remote with ND? I know her husband is based in the PNW as well.

entremet

It was a pretty big deal when she left 343 for ND due to family reasons. Curious why one of the best female programmers in the industry LEAVING the industry wasn't news worthy.

Big loss for the gaming industry :/

Probably better pay and better hours. The video game industry is notorious for crunch. Someone with her talents can easily demand better gigs outside of video games.

hal9001

Banned
It was a pretty big deal when she left 343 for ND due to family reasons. Curious why one of the best female programmers in the industry LEAVING the industry wasn't news worthy.

Yeah I had a feeling she was too talented for gaming.

chadskin

What is Amazon cooking. Can't be just for crappy FireTV games.
e: Ah, Prime Air, that's their drone delivery stuff, right? Huh.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
What in the fuck. She was supposed to be doing thangs.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Insert Druckmann joke here....

I don't remember the news when this happened, and judging by the shitstorm that was every ND staff departure not remembering a thread about this seems strange.

FranXico

She probably got a better offer elsewhere.

aVZgT.gif

Sad to hear ND couldn't keep up with outside pressure, but it sounds like she's made a good career move. Druckmann could have made up a pseudonym or something, lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Damn, big loss

Still, almost every time she talked about ND she mentioned sleeping at her desk and I imagine Amazon pays a lot more.

The profile says she's working on Prime Air, the crazy drone delivery idea.

Maybe it's advanced Drone A.I.

Hopefully it won't become self-aware at 2:14 a.m. eastern time on August 29th. Because anybody not wearing 2 million SPF sunblock is gonna have a real bad day.

Valnen

It's just tech, people with Yu's qualifications are rare so many growing companies open up the vaults to buy that expertise.

You'd think companies like Sony would open the vaults to keep such employees then, right? So they can continue to have great talent working on their games? Isn't that kind of important?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom