When keeping it woke goes wrong: Alyssa Milano gets backlash for tweeting "I'm Trans. I'm a POC"

OSC

Banned
Jun 16, 2018
“Person of Colour” has got to be one of the most irritating terms that has gained traction in recent years. I'm sure it used to be confined to the US, but now I hear and see it all the time on UK media platforms. It's really just another way of encouraging a them (white people) and us (anyone who isn't white) mentality.
the funny thing is white is also a color, the color of light, the life giver. That fact can't be hidden. Whites are also persons of color.

The understanding of color is based on the properties and nature of the real world and its attributes and components.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2007
the funny thing is white is also a color, the color of light, the life giver. That fact can't be hidden. Whites are also persons of color.

The understanding of color is based on the properties and nature of the real world and its attributes and components.
Yes but you know the intent. That's the point.

POC is what it is because 'white' (and lets face it, no one described as white is literally white) is used as a differentiator; implying outside of 'the norm'.

Personally I hate the term because it's such a shit blanket term. In the same way people refer to 'white' like everyone from the Irish to German to Greek are the same 'white' when they really aren't. I feel the same way about referring to as 'black' 'yellow' 'brown' whatever.

OSC

Banned
Jun 16, 2018
Yes but you know the intent. That's the point.

POC is what it is because 'white' (and lets face it, no one described as white is literally white) is used as a differentiator; implying outside of 'the norm'.

Personally I hate the term because it's such a shit blanket term. In the same way people refer to 'white' like everyone from the Irish to German to Greek are the same 'white' when they really aren't. I feel the same way about referring to as 'black' 'yellow' 'brown' whatever.
Only navigators are truly white

OSC IS WHITE

mars seems like a good destination, wonder how reality will reflect fiction.

will likely border on absurdity given current earth technology.

Here in zeal a world of living stars called humans we can practice nuclear fusion, nothing to gain from mars, but exploration.

Last edited: