• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When Rockstar relaunch GTA:O, PS5 and S|X get exclusive vehicle speed upgrades (Not PC, previous gen)

cormack12

Gold Member
Last edited:

Warablo

Holy shit, this is gonna cause a stir.

The new cars look great, I am sure they will be popular. Gonna need more garage space.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Donald Trump Lol GIF by GIPHY News

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
My gif wasn't even pointed at PC players
Uh Huh Reaction GIF

YLMAO someone is salty as fuck
You: makes fun of this situation even if we know for ages that R* release everything first on console
Me: prove to you that we didn't wait R* to get a next gen experience
You: UR UR YOU SALTY

Yes you can tell that if it makes you feel better, meanwhile I'll enjoy PC and Playstation games if you don't mind.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Uh Huh Reaction GIF

You: makes fun of this situation even if we know for ages that R* release everything first on console
Me: prove to you that we didn't wait R* to get a next gen experience
You: UR UR YOU SALTY

Yes you can tell that if it makes you feel better, meanwhile I'll enjoy PC and Playstation games if you don't mind.
My gif was laughing at Rockstar and their decision. You keep making assumptions as you searched for and posted not 1, not 2, but 3 videos. 2 of which don't even look that good, and the third that looks like garbage.

Your assumptions so far:
1) that I was laughing at PC players
2) that I don't have a PC

You also keep resorting to PC vs console arguments for whatever reason.

Do better.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Seems like a marketing deal.

Let's be honest here a next gen version of GTA 5 is a hard sell for PC players anyway with the mods they got access towards.

Last edited:
The new screens don't look much better than ones from existing versions. Isn't the game supposed to be ported to the RDR2 engine?
Would have loved to see a deeper street racing component integrated into the GTA 5 campaign. I know there were a few basic races, but it could have been so much more.
Continues to amaze me how big of a cash cow GTAO turned out to be. Has the player count remained strong all this time?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
It's like Rockstar likes to pretend PC modders haven't showed them up in every way possible.

Visual and Graphical Mods
Game Mode Mods
Online Loading Fixes

Say it with me, Rockstar, "Master Race".

iu

Did you even watch this clip? The game is CHUGGING bad as he gets to 200 mph while driving in the city. clearly the game's streaming engine isnt able to handle it which is exactly why the Cerny presentation focused so much on the SSD and I/O.

Rockstar has done a great job future proofing both GTAV and RDR2. they actually catch a lot of flack for including ultra high settings because people with $1000 GPUs cant max it out, but thats the point, it's future proof. Alex from DF found that the x1x was actually using medium to low settings in almost all instance and several physics and water simulation settings were exclusive to the PC version of RDR2.

Yes, they took a year and a half to do these ports, but id rather they take their time porting it than rush it out with console settings.

lets not pretend it aint coming to pc. rockstar have alwas been cunts when it comes to pc. it took them about a year and a half to bring out V on pc. pc will get this update in 2022 probably and when it arrives PC will once again be the best place to play it

Last edited:
This is a stupid trend that's ongoing, which is usual during a console launch > transition period.

Let the people who have capable hardware use it. Oh no, but we'll have to work extra hours, a new I/O subsystem with hardware optimization and probably a new renderer, so we'll just wait until a significant number of our game owners on PC upgrade their hardware and then do them all at once.

The has sold close to or more than (data not accurate) 20 million units on steam alone. Granted, the Rockstar Games launcher has the lowest sales, probably a few millions. It was given away for free on the EGS, with millions claiming it and crashing their servers. So, think of 30 million PC players, all of them don't have capable hardware?

lets not pretend it aint coming to pc. rockstar have alwas been cunts when it comes to pc. it took them about a year and a half to bring out V on pc. pc will get this update in 2022 probably and when it arrives PC will once again be the best place to play it

Even if this thing releases, PC will still be the best place to play because of the FiveM RP servers. You can't do that on consoles, and of course, visual mods.

The only thing consoles has an edge over the PC version, is the playerbase, which is in the millions playing daily compared to under 500K on PC (all storefronts combined, avg 150K on Steam alone). The game sold 150 million copies, and the vast majority of it are on PS3, 360, PS4 and X1. Now that will increase even further with both these versions.

This is a stupid trend that's ongoing, which is usual during a console launch > transition period.

Let the people who have capable hardware use it. Oh no, but we'll have to work extra hours, a new I/O subsystem with hardware optimization and probably a new renderer, so we'll just wait until a significant number of our game owners on PC upgrade their hardware and then do them all at once.

The has sold close to or more than (data not accurate) 20 million units on steam alone. Granted, the Rockstar Games launcher has the lowest sales, probably a few millions. It was given away for free on the EGS, with millions claiming it and crashing their servers. So, think of 30 million PC players, all of them don't have capable hardware?

Even if this thing releases, PC will still be the best place to play because of the FiveM RP servers. You can't do that on consoles, and of course, visual mods.

The only thing consoles has an edge over the PC version, is the playerbase, which is in the millions playing daily compared to under 500K on PC (all storefronts combined, avg 150K on Steam alone). The game sold 150 million copies, and the vast majority of it are on PS3, 360, PS4 and X1. Now that will increase even further with both these versions.

Nah I just tested and you can do 300 kph in the city with absolutely no issues on PC, no any 'CHUGGING' as the other guy was implying after watching someone stream the game with probably uncapped frame rate. The speed will be no where near that on consoles as it is totally uncontrollable at those speeds.

ZywyPL

Banned
Faster cars with the same bad driving mechanics? Wonder how this will end up.

It's like Rockstar likes to pretend PC modders haven't showed them up in every way possible.

More than that, a modder actually shown R* how to improve loading times in their own game.

Top Bottom