• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When They See Us - Central Park 5 Netflix Docudrama

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
For those repeating over and over that "the real rapist confessed that he acted alone!"...Matias Reyes' "confession" is worthless.

I mean, the guy was already serving a life sentence for other crimes, so there's no downside for him in stating this. Why not make some shit up and get your buddies out of jail? Plus the lawyers for the other goons may have offered him something in exchange.
You do know his DNA is the DNA from her body, right?

rivv3r

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
Violent black teens, who may have also raped a woman, should be absolved of all wrong doing and seen as innocent church goers because reasons. Also, isn't the director of this the same failed black supremacist bitch who decided to diversify A Wrinkle in Time while removing everything relating to Christianity?

Reactions: Zangiefy360

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Violent black teens, who may have also raped a woman, should be absolved of all wrong doing and seen as innocent church goers because reasons. Also, isn't the director of this the same failed black supremacist bitch who decided to diversify A Wrinkle in Time while removing everything relating to Christianity?
1. There was no evidence of them having anything to do with raping the woman, though one of them knew where her body was and probably thought she was dead (a common thing for kids and teens... See a dead body and don't call police)

2. Black supremacist B? Dang! What bug crawled up YOUR butt? Did it stay there and die and now you're just permanently cranky because you have a smell that just won't go away?

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Yes, but it's not about that. The point is that he has nothing to lose by claiming to have acted alone.
He's a serial rapist. Committed a rape before the Central Park jogger... And others .. ALONE ... Most serial anythings don't switch up their MO in the middle of a spree or throughout their serial whatever.

But y'all are saying that a serial rapist took this ONE TIME to be like "hey boys, come here and help me rape and kill this woman"

Reactions: BraveOne

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
It's sad that some people use Netflix for their news. And when I say people, I mean liberals.
I got the news FROM the news AS IT HAPPENED years ago. And from this very thread, most of y'all didn't even know about this chapter in modern American history.

And unlike most of y'all, I don't believe the police in almost anything. Especially the NYPD from the 80s and 90s. It's been documented that large police departments allow for corruption and bad cops to set in ... And there's always police apologists because fixing the corruption would "be too hard" and expose more than they'd like.

Reactions: shagia

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
Oh. So you just happened to bring this up at a time when Netflix has a show about it? And to address your second statement, most of us didn't care. Still don't.
The Netflix show was the perfect time to bring it up... But you can always watch the documentary on it or the news report from ABC News on YouTube...

And you didn't/don't care about it because it doesn't affect you, correct?

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
The Netflix show was the perfect time to bring it up... But you can always watch the documentary on it or the news report from ABC News on YouTube...

And you didn't/don't care about it because it doesn't affect you, correct?
Newsflash, it doesn't affect you either.

ssolitare

Manbaby: The Member
Jan 12, 2009
It affected me emotionally by watching/reading the news reports back in the day and watching the show. But I can see why many of you don't care about this story or these men's lives.
Regardless, it was a great watch.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
@DeafTourette, you do know this documentary is designed to manipulate you, right?

This film was made to push a political narrative, yet you're acting as if it's objective reality...the truth is you, and the others in this thread don't know what really happened.

merlinevo

Apr 28, 2019
@DeafTourette, you do know this documentary is designed to manipulate you, right?

This film was made to push a political narrative, yet you're acting as if it's objective reality...the truth is you, and the others in this thread don't know what really happened.
I think many people know enough to form a conclusion, which is these black men should not be rewarded with millions of dollars simply because there was not enough evidence to convict them of rape, but ironically, enough evidence to show that they were committing other crimes and in the same vicinity of the rape that night. Many people would also be able to form the conclusion that this case should not be used as some type of shiny example of black males being wrongly convicted and therefore should also be used to second guess or relitigate many black males who are in similar situations. Many people intuitively know that our criminal justice system is somewhat bias but also that a great majority of young black males in prison are fairly and justice sentenced.

The only people who have a motivation to bring up this story are black lives matter activist and netflix, who is increasingly pandering to a more diverse audience.

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
1. There was no evidence of them having anything to do with raping the woman, though one of them knew where her body was and probably thought she was dead (a common thing for kids and teens... See a dead body and don't call police)

2. Black supremacist B? Dang! What bug crawled up YOUR butt? Did it stay there and die and now you're just permanently cranky because you have a smell that just won't go away?
Seeing a dead body and not calling the police is not common at all.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018

Yeah, that's common knowledge, dude.

Airola

Jun 25, 2015
Finland
wait, what?

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
I'm sorry... Maybe I should rephrase...

It is or was common amonst kids in the hood. There was actually a news story not too long ago here in Atlanta where someone's body was at a playground and was there for months and the kids all knew it but never told their parents or the police. It wasn't until an adult saw it and called the cops. The dead person was a friend of one of my coworkers.

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
What's a black supremacist? Because I don't know any black people who have lynched white people en masse, enslaved them en masse, made laws against them en masse ... Etc. Etc.
You're arguing in bad faith. You know what a supremacist is, now add black in front of it and you've got your answer.

Reactions: cryptoadam

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
"it's time for the internets favorite game,

who's the biggest victim?💯

This weeks contestants,The whites and the blacks! Both of you, come on dowwwwwnnn n"

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
You're arguing in bad faith. You know what a supremacist is, now add black in front of it and you've got your answer.
On the contrary...

A white supremacist is someone who advocates the violent removal or deaths of racial minorities and religious minorities ....

Ava Duvernay, whom rivv3r called a black supremacist B, has advocated NONE of those things. I'm sure you'll name someone like Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan or Spike Lee as "proof" of said "black supremacy", yet they've never advocated, nor committed, any of the vile things that self-proclaimed white supremacists have said and done.

I'm sure there are a few errant black and brown people who advocate such however, they're on the Fringe of the Fringe of contemporary political discourse. And you couldn't name a single one because they aren't popular and other black and brown people would shout them down and shut them up.

Your argument is shallow and without merit.

LegendOfKage

Mar 6, 2018
What's a black supremacist? Because I don't know any black people who have lynched white people en masse, enslaved them en masse, made laws against them en masse ... Etc. Etc.
Well, I think a white supremacist is someone who believes that their skin color makes them superior. As "evidence" of this, they might look to history, and the fact that they subjugated black people unopposed, until their own white race allowed black people to be seen as equals. I'm sure many also look to things like crime statistics, and disregard aspects like poverty and a lack of opportunity, while telling themselves it's because black people are inherently more violent, as the logic would go.

In turn, I think a black supremacist would be someone who believes that their own skin color makes them superior. As "evidence" of this, they might look to history, and to the fact that they never cruelly subjugated white people. But white people did commit these inhuman acts, which makes white people subhuman themselves, which makes black people superior, as the logic would go.

Meanwhile, the truth is we're all the same no matter the color of our skin, and we're all the product of our environment. That's true of individuals, not races. Races are not products of their environment, people are. And that's why racism itself doesn't make any logical sense. It's nothing more than generalization and hypocrisy.

A white supremacist is someone who advocates the violent removal or deaths of racial minorities and religious minorities ....
I really don't think the bar needs to be set that high. If you think your skin color makes you better than everyone else, you're a supremacist. If you just make negative assumptions based on race, while at the same time not considering your race itself to be superior to others, then you're just a racist.

Last edited:

finowns

May 10, 2009
On the contrary...

Ava Duvernay, whom rivv3r called a black supremacist B, has advocated NONE of those things. I'm sure you'll name someone like Al Sharpton, Louis Farrakhan or Spike Lee as "proof" of said "black supremacy", yet they've never advocated, nor committed, any of the vile things that self-proclaimed white supremacists have said and done.

I'm sure there are a few errant black and brown people who advocate such however, they're on the Fringe of the Fringe of contemporary political discourse. And you couldn't name a single one because they aren't popular and other black and brown people would shout them down and shut them up.

Your argument is shallow and without merit.
Didn’t Farrakhan call jews termites or something like that? Surely that indicates superiority.

SoulChamber

Sep 19, 2018
Have you been living in a cave? They've never raped anyone, plus a DNA test exonerated them completely.

AaronB

May 5, 2013
Have you been living in a cave? They've never raped anyone, plus a DNA test exonerated them completely.
I posted most of this on the last page, but the other people taking your side seemed incapable of conducting an argument and just repeated themselves. Let's see if you can provide an actual response.

1. The five's convictions never rested on the DNA to begin with. People who participate in an assault where someone else rapes a woman are also guilty of rape. It was known all along, including by the two juries that convicted the five, that at least one other person was the source of the semen and had gotten away.
2. The psychopath whose DNA was found was obviously the person who had gotten away. The only twist was that he claimed to have acted alone. There is good reason to doubt his testimony, though. First, he's a psychopath. Second, he had nothing to lose by claiming he did it on his own - he was already serving life, and the statute of limitations had expired. Third, he met one of the five - a member of the Bloods. He could easily have been bribed or threatened to take full responsibility, and did in fact get compensated with a better prison assignment.
3. Four of the five confessed on video with a parent or guardian present. One blurted out "I didn't rape the woman; I only felt her t**ts" in the squad car, when police didn't even know about the rape yet. Others knew where the body was. They claimed afterwards that the confessions were coerced, but the Armstrong Report (see below) found no evidence of that, and plenty to the contrary. They also participated in other assaults that day.
4. It was an extremely generous (and politically motivated) decision to vacate the conviction and allow the five to go free. They were even awarded over $40 million. Not content with that, they are suing to try to get $50 million more. And people of a certain political persuasion are trying to hold this up as a shining example of wildly unfair treatment.

Here's the Armstrong Report (full investigation into the handling of the case). Knock yourself out.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Oner

llien

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2017
PS it is like the issue of false rape claims and he said/she said court cases. Ever wonder how, given the need to find the defendant *innocent* if there is reasonable doubt, a he said/she said can ever lead to a conviction? That's how bent the US court system is. Ask Mike Tyson.
Because most crimes of that type happen with nobody observing it, it is handled differently.
False accusation isn't something that happens with exclusively black men, however.

Boss Mog

Dec 12, 2013
I don't really know about the case and haven't seen the documentary but just reading through this thread a few things popped out at me.

First off when it comes to the guys' confession, their defenders say: "they were coerced, confessions aren't reliable, they don't mean shit", but then those same people when talking about the other guy that confessed are like "well this other guy confessed, it 100% exonerates the other guys, case closed" as if somehow that guy's confession is beyond reproach.

So then when I read about this other guy's confession, the first thought that immediately popped in my head was"Was he already in prison and if so was he already serving a life sentence?". To me that was the scenario that would raise the biggest red flag about the guy's confession and sure enough it was a yes on both counts as I found out reading the last post on Page 1.

So if that's what they're using to say they aren't guilty then I'm super skeptical.

@DeafTourette saying one of them knew where the body was but had nothing to do with it because "kids" find bodies all the time and don't tell police about it is simply laughable and makes me even more skeptical.

Even more laughable was his statement that "A white supremacist is someone who advocates the violent removal or deaths of racial minorities and religious minorities ...." Anybody that questions the "white people bad, brown people good" narrative is called a white supremacist. Sticking up for a white person, or a police officer, or speaking up against intolerance within islam often earns you that title from SJW far-leftists as well. Yet I doubt you'll find too many examples of these so called "white supremacists" calling for the violent removal or death of any minorities.

So to sum up a white person who shows favorable bias towards other white people is a white supremacist and a black person who shows favorable bias towards other black people is just a good brother or sister doing their part for the cause because if they don't they're nothing but an uncle Tom.

I'm sorry but often a lot of black people and SJWs are too quick to defend people who are black or other minorities without even knowing any facts. In the UK a plane full of SJW passengers prevented a Somali migrant from being deported even though he has gang raped an underage girl with his buddies and one of his buddies had joined ISIS. this is what it has come to, defending child gang-rapists and ISIS fighters. I also read about people violently protested ICE coming into their neighborhood without even knowing why they were there and they were actually there to arrest child sex slave traffickers. Just the other day in Memphis a young black guy gets shot by the police and the media spins it how they usually "he was an honor student, blah blah blah..." and riots ensued obviously. It turns out the guy was a violent thug who executed a guy point blank with 5 shots and marshals were trying to arrest him and he led them on a chase and resisted while being armed.

You just don't see that kind of shit from white people when it comes to other white people. Police in the US shoot twice as many white people as black people per year yet you never hear about any of them because white people don't automatically give a shit when some white guy is shot. Unless I have a lot of evidence to the contrary; my first instinct about a white guy getting shot by police is that he probably did something bad that led to his shooting. I don't automatically think he's some kind of victim just because he's the same skin color as me. And I react the exact same way to a black guy getting shot, he probably did something bad to get him in that situation. To me this is how anybody should react until the have the full story that says otherwise.

Reactions: Oner

Zangiefy360

Aug 30, 2018
Just the other day in Memphis a young black guy gets shot by the police and the media spins it how they usually "he was an honor student, blah blah blah..." and riots ensued obviously. It turns out the guy was a violent thug who executed a guy point blank with 5 shots and marshals were trying to arrest him and he led them on a chase and resisted while being armed.
This is a great point.

It's always the same shit. Whenever a story like this comes out the man/woman/kid was a perfect angel that was shot simply for being black in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The media and SJW types are more than happy to infantilize blacks whenever an interaction with the police ends badly, and black supremacists are giddy because they can exercise their privileged to fuel the fire because no one will call them on it.