• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will we get The Simpsons on Netflix Instant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SD-Ness

We have South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, Archer, Home Movies, Beavis and Butt-Head, King of the Hill.

But no Simpsons. I really want to watch the first few seasons again.

My friend thinks they won't get it because it's too high-profile. Thoughts?

SD-Ness said:
We have South Park, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad, Archer, Home Movies, Beavis and Butt-Head, King of the Hill.

But no Simpsons. I really want to watch the first few seasons again.

My friend thinks they won't get it because it's too high-profile. Thoughts?

It will come eventually, and it will cost Netflix a ton of money to get it on there. But it being high profile has nothing to do with it. They have Star Trek and Twilight Zone.

I don't know what it is exactly, but Fox seems very protective of it in the US. As far as I've seen outside the Simpsons Movie, any airings of the Simpsons remain Fox/hulu exclusive only. I'd love for someone to shed light on this, but my guess is that its just one of those properties that is extremely embedded in fox's primetime history, so they just don't whore it to other networks and services.

smurfx

get some go again
i think fox would rather keep making money off the syndication episodes of the simpsons on network tv rather than let netflix take away viewers.

sfedai0

Banned
Unlikely, as FOX can make much more money selling it in syndication, much like Seinfeld. Shit, those 2 shows were in running in syn when I was in HS....and that as 11 years ago.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
only shows that arent sold that much into syndication get the online treatment.

either that, or netflix will have to make it worth Fox's time.

Jeramii

Banned
simpsons was my favorite growing up. i haven't watched it in years. if it was on netflix, i would be watching episodes from the first 8 or 9 seasons nightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom