• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When you abuse the ref on Fifa when Kinect is listening...

xz3f11k.jpg

Via reddit

I thought this was funny but it could probably get really annoying. Anyone else try this?

Soulflarz

Banned
Funny i guess, but this is gonna get really irritating if every game starts pulling this stuff.

Edit: the comment below me
What the hell?!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Same sort of thing happens on NBA2k for PS4 and I assume xbone. Curse at a foul call gets you a technical. Immediately removed my microphone lol

DBT85

Seem to recall famousmortimer getting a technical foul in something when he swore at it the other day too.

Dear consumer,

Your temper seems to be getting the better of you in recent SkyDrive uploads. Please be aware that you are an Xbox ambassador and the language you have used puts us all in a bad light. Please try and refrain from using such colorful language in the future and control your overly aggressive nature.

The Microsoft Board of Directors

Ok that's how you do it! Really cool! They should have a fake newspaper article with your Avatar pic too with a headline like, "Manchester U manager explodes at referee!"

The positive effect of the nanny-box one

Kosma

Banned
What really pisses me off about fifa is that the commentators never say anything bad about the ref.

Fucking fifa maffia

liquidtmd

Banned
Swear at the ref three times - permabanned

You cannot Xbox Live Gold because of past behaviour.

Love and Kisses, the Ref

KaOTiK

Banned
Is there any way to turn this "feature" off? I wouldn't like it at all and as someone else above said, it is a bit creepy.

liquidtmd

Banned
You cannot swear at a virtual ref whilst playing a computer game you've paid north of £500 to play without being issued warnings, tongue in cheek or not.

Because reasons. (And likely ToS breaches soon the way things are going)

Plasma

Banned
I did this at the weekend and one of the commentators said that the manager looks angry at not being given a free kick there.

KHlover

Banned
Would be the first feature I disable. FIFA's at times maddening controls (I don't know how often I accidently shot a ball into nirvana because the opposing player lost control of the ball about a half a second before I pressed "tackle" :S) lead to some pretty awful slurs from me, especially online :D

kurbaan

Banned
You cannot swear at a virtual ref whilst playing a computer game you've paid north of £500 to play without being issued warnings, tongue in cheek or not.

Because reasons. (And likely ToS breaches soon the way things are going)

LOL stop trying to make drama over this. Its a funny and cool feature. Makes the season mode seem more realistic.

Dear consumer,

Your temper seems to be getting the better of you in recent SkyDrive uploads. Please be aware that you are an Xbox ambassador and the language you have used puts us all in a bad light. Please try and refrain from using such colorful language in the future and control your overly aggressive nature.

The Microsoft Board of Directors

The future has arrived:

demolition-man-machine.jpg

But seriously, this is pretty funny.

I did this at the weekend and one of the commentators said that the manager looks angry at not being given a free kick there.

They should really get as much use they can from the face recognition tech.
Stuff like this should really get more news and devs should be encouraged to go crazy with it.

Imagine a horror game where a killer taunts you based on your heart-rate or
penis size

Carlow

this was in last gen, if you swore during Be A Pro matches, you got a yellow card - you can turn it off iirc.

edit: beaten

You have to ask yourself, why the flying fuck would anyone want this? It's funny for the first few seconds then you realize it's been listening to you and possibly others the entire time...

Top Bottom