• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Where do GAFfers reside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spangler

Jun 7, 2004
Gainesville, Florida. Moved here in 1994 to go to UF and never left. I may have misunderstood how college towns are supposed to work.

Ondore

May 20, 2009
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia (Canada) - and I know another Halifax-GAFfer who hasn't posted here.

BumRush

Dec 4, 2009
When the thread reaches 500 replies I'll post some summary stats capturing the diversity of GAF...

DinHerio

Banned
Dec 8, 2013
Switzerland, Berne
Berne, Switzerland.

*edit*

AlexMogil

Aug 6, 2007
Hipsters.
It's beautiful though. A little wet and windy, but it's like a mini middle earth. The scene is very insular, it's a college town so you have a mix of tons of college hipsters who come and go with some families that have been here for generations. Everybody's very chill and hippie-ish, and definitely lives up to the motto "city of subdued excitement." It's easy to live well if you have money, cheaply if you're broke, without having the obvious split between rich and poor areas. All the buildings are older and thus adorable. I don't want to live here forever but I'm enjoying it a lot. :)

Thank you. Thank you very much. :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Jun 7, 2004
Atlanta, GA. Right on the "border" of Sandy Springs and Dunwoody.

Have also lived in Greenlawn, NY (on Long Island) and Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.