• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where Do You REALLY Go After Mario Odyssey?

A Mario styled platform heaven open world is what I want. A gigantic world like GTA or BOTW.

A totally open world Mario? Hmm it seems like Odyssey was as close as is reasonable to that but if they could pull it off with high quality, then I’d be down, for sure!

Raitaro

Ideally, for me as a first step: Super Luigi Odyssey, where you play as Luigi as he chases down Bowser Jr.
who was oddly missing from his own dad's wedding and
who has kidnapped Daisy. Preferably featuring completely new worlds of course.

But outside of that, DLC, or remakes of older games, I have no clue. That's the risk of going into space and then weird looking worlds in terms of choosing a setting: people might expect even more after that but where can one go that tops these? Maybe a (good) game involving time travel (again)?

electr8r

Super Mario History

Mario traveling in time with some kind of time manipulation mechanic. Imagine goombas with pompadours in a 50s rock n roll style diner. A true western level with a Jaxie. Then there could be more old levels and throwbacks. Bring back the outfit ideas again.

Super Mario Fantasy

Mario in a dream world. The setting would be very abstract and whimsical. Have it more story oriented too

Top Bottom