• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do you stand on the PS5 and Series debate?

Are next gen systems their own system, or just an upgraded last gen system?

• Yes (I voted that the GBC is unique)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No (I voted that the GBC was a continuation)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Yes (I voted that the GBC was a continuation)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • No (I voted that the GBC is unique)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Seeing as how most people view the GBC as an upgraded GB instead of its own system (https://www.neogaf.com/threads/wher...oy-color-debate.1618899/page-2#post-264641811) made me wonder: isn't the PS5 just a PS4 pro+? Isn't the Series X just an Xbox One X+?

According to this list: https://nintendo.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Game_Boy_Color_games

Over 100 GBC only games came out for the system in its first year. I cannot find a list of games only on next-gen systems, but I can't imagine it would be over 40.

So following this same logic, next gen systems are not their own unique system. Please put aside your personal bias in this poll.

In the poll yes means it's a continuation.

Last edited:
What? Obviously, they are a new generation.

Not sure why GameBoy Color is related. But, no, a GameBoy with the difference being mapping the 4 shades of green to different colors did not mark a new console generation, GameBoy Advance did.

Last edited:

TrueLegend

Series X is a better-engineered machine. Sometimes Microsoft makes a good product. Sony makes good products all the time. Microsoft plan is much more accessible. Sony's plan is expensive.

But I like Playstation because it has games that I wanna play. I am happy finally we have 60fps as a proper standard. I just want VRR in Playstation and then I have zero investment in this whole debate. Both offer awesome gaming deals for the price but their digital store sucks balls.

All machines are upgrades. Next-gen is just media coined verbiose.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
war GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom