• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where do you think Sony will introduces the PS5?

Where will Sony introduces PS5

• Total voters

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Those options are all way too late. If they don't reveal in February it won't be long after, and it'll be their own event. They don't need to piggyback on a larger event and compete for headlines.

Shin

Banned
*Browse your comment history*

Ok bro
If someone does the same to yours they'll find the same thing, the irony and hypocrisy.
At least he doesn't go out of his way to push PS5 to the front page when there was a CES thread, E3 thread, speculation thread, some other thread/article by another site with the headline "When will Sony reveal the PS5?".
And so forth, they don't care about Japan or Europe in the same way they care about the US, this was evident when they moved HQ.
It will be a show/event based in the US, so everything in your poll goes out of the window.

Airbus Jr

Banned
If someone does the same to yours they'll find the same thing, the irony and hypocrisy.
At least he doesn't go out of his way to push PS5 to the front page when there was a CES thread, E3 thread, speculation thread, some other thread/article by another site with the headline "When will Sony reveal the PS5?".
And so forth, they don't care about Japan or Europe in the same way they care about the US, this was evident when they moved HQ.
It will be a show/event based in the US, so everything in your poll goes out of the window.

Well..to be fair..i didnt expect the first comment here to be a hostile post..take it as you wish...

And tbh id have to disagree with your second statement here

As a global company i think it wouldnt be wise for sony to just concentrate in US

Spread some love all over the world baby

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

In my pants

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
As a global company i think it wouldnt be wise for sony to just concentrate in US

Spread some love all over the world baby

It isn't IMO either, it is precisely because of global sales that they are where they are now.
Probably has to do with politics on some level, tax reduction/benefits and what's not, because engineering is still done in Tokyo even if ICE team is in the US.

Anyway OT:
It's already half of January when invites go out we'll know within minutes/hours.
I expect somewhere between February-April followed by SoP/attendance of/during all other events (TGS, PGW, GC and maybe EGX whatever that shit is called).
All the way till launch month they can ride it out as Paris Games Week is in October (assuming it launches in November).
I don't think they'll go after E3, I hope I'm not wrong with PS5 specs but I have a bad feeling that it might be 9 or 10TF - which is why they want to go first as they can control the messaging a lot better/easier.
Don't get me wrong, I've been pushing the 12TF narrative since June 2017 on Twitter to Shawn, Cerny, PlayStation and Shuhei to make it happen.

Fbh

Any day now there's just going to be some dude with a sign containing all the information outsider their headquarters...... so keep an eye out!!!
ypoujzp.gif

Ps4 was shown at their own event, don't see why they wouldn't do the same for Ps5

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I think it'll be in February and I think it'll be well worth our wait. I think the show will remind people of how strong the PS brand is and show that PS will lead next generation

Area61

I think their Feb event will be going into details and demos rather than actual reveal. My guess is full reveal will happen in PSX.

mejin

"When" would be a little less obscene, OP. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, their own event like the ps4 one is the right thing to do.

Kdad

Current ad - buys for the Superbowl don't have SONY or Playstation listed. No gaming at all have made buys unless Facebook is using their spot for gaming (unlikely lol)

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
I think they will have a PS5 reveal event next month.

It would be an awful idea because almost nobody outside USA cares about American football, so don't watch Superbowl.
Ok they can release it online for everyone else and it's not like they'll go through specs or something. It would be an epic reveal

Top Bottom