• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where does the Xbox One X fit?

Pasedo

I'm tossing up whether I should get an Xbox One X. To be honest I just get excited in general about new tech but instead of getting this out of hype I should make sure it's got a place in my gaming world so that it will have some longevity. As I'm quite busy these days and commute alot my Switch has now become my regular console for quick and convenient playing sessions. I use my gaming laptop for fast paced shooters as I prefer to use a mouse and keyboard and my PS4 is for Playstation exclusives which I really enjoy. With Xbox games you can now play on PC does the Xbox One X have a place in all of this?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I got all platforms but mainly play pc and Xbox One, mostly the ladder. My machine is high end but I prefer high end console gaming.

Gf and I both had the X and with game share it’s great and cheap. I love achievements and ms exclusives. I’m primarily a multiplayer person, and the games tends to live longer on the One compared to the pc.

But it sounds a little bit about a stealthy “Xbox One has no exclusives” kinda thread if you ask me.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
You have answered your own question, you use switch and PC for 3rd parties.

I dont know if you play MS EXCLUSIVES,if u do and want to be able to play them on a console in 4k the x can do that and the x can play 360 games and some in 4k.Also the X is the best place to play 3rd parties on console.

For PC gamers I think a console is only needed if you want to play games exclusive to that console.

is this something you have to ask people? Its a video game, not buying a house.
If you can afford it go ahead, if you want one go for it...its a personal preference....and everyone has some type of biased opinion...such as exclusives(as if everyone likes or cares about PS exclusives), or portability (as if you see grown professional people walking around with a switch), or for the power (as if everyone has a 4k HDR tv).... these should i threads for videogames just turn into fanboy opinions.

EBE

its for console users who are comfortable in the xbox/xbox live ecosystems and who desire a higher end graphical experience without fully transitioning to pc hardware and the Windows/Steam store environments. its latest initiative, two-generation backwards compatibility, helps to sustain the former condition while aiding the latter through various graphical and performance upgrades.

it really isnt very difficult

1X will help to revitalize Xbox throughout the course of The rest of this generation and serve as an excellent baseline for the high end in the new gen.
Since it'll just supplement the standard Xbox, you can expect the platform to have all of the major multi-platform games performing the best on console, and due to an increase in market share and overall sales volume, it'll probably have some decent exclusives and more of the exclusives it misses out on. It's currently the best console for visuals and it's worthwhile if you want powerful hardware that has some mobility. Developers have not even begun to push the envelope of what Scorpio can do. BEAST.

Lol. What you want is ultimately about how much you want it versus the opportunity for expendable income. Do what makes you feel best and puts you in a good position.

Krisprolls

Banned
It doesn't really fit anywhere, that's the problem with the X1X.

If you want the best performance you've got a nice PC, and if you want the best exclusives, you've got the PS4 and the Switch.

The X1X is for people who don't want a PC and still want good (but not best) performance on multiplatform games but don't care about exclusives... They must be at least 5 people.

rokkerkory

Fits nicely next to a PS4 and best place to play multi plats for $500.

With that being said in your situation you don’t need an X. You already are playing xbox games on your PC.

Cramoss

People who want the best looking multiplatform games on a console and don't want or can't get into PC gaming.

Or just people who are invested into MS's ecosystem. It's not that hard to see, really.

For people who don't have a PC to game on. PC Gaming is not that big in the US afaik so. PC Gaming is a bigger deal in Germany and Sweden for example.

Senua

For people who are too lazy or stupid to get a gaming PC.

smile009.gif

WaterAstro

If you have a good PC and don't mind the Windows store, and you have a PS4, it doesn't fit. You're just buying another PC in a different form factor that could be more powerful than your PC unless you have a really good one.

thatJohann

I had the Pro and the Switch. Sold both after I got my X. There are just too many games to play on the X thanks to backwards compatibility. My queue is infinite so no need for more consoles.

MrBenchmark

Yep it's poors gaming PC.

For people who are too lazy or stupid to get a gaming PC.

smile009.gif
What is this shit? Seriously! Not everyone wants a pc for gaming money skill or not! Personally I work on pc's for a living and used to buy every new overpriced piece of hardware. It's how I got the name MrBenchmark from my co-workers. It gets old after a while I just want to play.

Comments like that are such bullshit.

120v

it's up to you. could be a huge waste of money. or not, pending on what you expect per your budget

do the BC compatible games interest you? are these games you wouldn't just play on PC anyway? is it worth it knowing ps5/nextbox is some two or three years away? are you even interested on MS has on offer? ... ect. ect.

only you know the answer

Senua

What is this shit? Seriously! Not everyone wants a pc for gaming money skill or not! Personally I work on pc's for a living and used to buy every new overpriced piece of hardware. It's how I got the name MrBenchmark from my co-workers. It gets old after a while I just want to play.

You just wana play at 30fps lol. Weird you felt the need to upgrade constantly, get some self control.

Havoc2049

It all depends. Do you have an Xbox 360 and an OG Xbox? If you don't, then between the three platforms, you may find some exclusive gems that you may really enjoy. Do you want to try out Halo games? If you do, then the XB1X is also a good choice. Then there are the multiplatform games that may look better on the X.

shpankey

not an idiot
It's great for multiplatform games and the extensive catalog in the backwards compatible list, add in bluray player, media center on top of "cool factor" and it's a winner. Couldn't be any happier w/ the purchase and having been playing it a TON (re-addicted to SSX). That and I use the OTA antenna w/ One Guide for my TV viewing (with pause/rewind). I've also been using these apps a lot..

Plex
NHL
Fox Sports Go
ESPN
NFL Sunday Ticket
Netflix
Hulu
Amazon Video

...and added an external USB 3.1 SSD drive to the mix and the Elite controller and it's just an all-round fantastic package for my needs.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
It'll be the best place for multiplatform games on consoles. Exclusives will be nice. 4k Blu Ray player is nice too.

I have a 1080ti/4770k PC that I play almost exclusively but still want an 1X for all the games that aren't on PC and the huge library of backwards compatible games I built up last gen before switching to PC.

It has a place, whether that fits into your life is only for you to say.

It doesn't really fit anywhere, that's the problem with the X1X.

If you want the best performance you've got a nice PC, and if you want the best exclusives, you've got the PS4 and the Switch.

The X1X is for people who don't want a PC and still want good (but not best) performance on multiplatform games but don't care about exclusives... They must be at least 5 people.

Yep it's poors gaming PC.

Wtf is this?

MrBench Gafs dead don't expect a legit level headed opinion..like this bum had to sting with "5 ppl comment" just couldn't help it, these fanboy junior mofos took over weeks ago..

Pretty sure OP is posting in bad faith, but what the hell.

If you have a capable PC and don't mind playing 3rd parties and MS exclusives there, then the Xbox One X isn't for you.

If you are a Sony die hard and have no interest in MS exclusives the Xbox One X isn't for you.

If you aren't interested in playing on PC, don't care about PS4 exclusives or maybe have a base PS4 and want the best console to play 3rd party games, the Xbox One X is for you. Bonus you have a way to play Sony and MS exclusives.

Blantyre

Price and community are the biggest factors, I believe. Both platforms, PC and Xbox, aren't the same if you think about their respective target.

PC is a huge platform. You must mean a decently capable PC.

Yeah, ultra high end PC gamers like to pretend that they represent the majority of the PC market which is incredibly disingenuous. I'll always be a PC gamer first and foremost but the X does so much right to fill in the gap between the benefits of console gaming and the benefits of highend PC gaming that it absolutely deserves to win a respectable chunk of the gaming console market. If you're a hardcore gamer with a gaming budget that accommodates the cost of purchase, the X should absolutely end up on your gaming shelf.

OP, just get one. You'll love it. I have every system known to mankind going back several gens (except the Wii U and PS4 Pro) + a couple great gaming PCs. Yes, MS needs to get their act together when it comes to exclusives. But, I dont regret buying a couple Scorpio Editions. The Xbone X is an amazing piece of hardware and plays my massive backlog of Xbone + 360 (and even some OG Xbox) games beautifully. It's what the Pro should've been (I'll eventually buy a Pro after a price drop, so no fan-boy BS please). It's really impressive and extremely high build quality and has a nice, built-in 4k UHD drive. Just do it. Too many people in here hem and haw over these purchases like buying a console is a life-changing event. Its not. Its just a great console.

I had the Pro and the Switch. Sold both after I got my X. There are just too many games to play on the X thanks to backwards compatibility. My queue is infinite so no need for more consoles.

You should’ve at least kept the switch unless you’re financially struggling.

Also isn’t there better infinite backlog on PC?

The_Mike

Oh really? You see how the Xbox fans are rubbing every increase in resolution over the PRO version in PS fans faces?

No.. not pretentious at all...

This is 2017, graphic no longer matters.

/s

The_Mike

They didn't matter in 2013 either apparently.

According to the majority of ps players they did. They didn’t matter back then at tbh they don’t know if you ask me, but for some it matters as a wining factor.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
You can't build a PC with comparable power for less than $700. You don't get HDR on PC. You don't get that few cheaters in PC multiplayer or a framework/community that offers voice chat and friend lists in every game. I think One X has a very clear place in gaming.

Top Bottom