• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Generation X?

cryptoadam

Banned
The last good generation. We got to enjoy the good things. If you were Gen X in the 90's and early 2000's every thing was great. What a time to be alive. If you weren't around then sorry but you missed out.

Enjoy your dystopian cyber future everyone.

appaws

Banned
We are a pretty deeply cynical bunch. I’ve read that our attitudes resemble the “lost” generation after WW1...Hemingway and all that.

We came of age without the internet or cell phones, those two things are fucking up the generations since in so many ways.

I think we simply had it the best of all gens, so we are quite content.

* saw the whole rise of video games from Space Invaders to what we have now
* did that Goonies/Stranger Things Kids thing, with BMX bikes, arcades, watching Star Wars movies in cinema when they were new and playing D&D and shit
* when we were old enough we witnessed the greatness that was the early 90ies rave scene. It doesn't get much better than lying in bed with your sexy girlfriend, fucking our brains out and playing DKC and Mario kart on the SNES afterwards, still being on Acid and Ecstasy after the Detroit Techno party you went to the night before.
* and when we got older, we suddenly had the internet and mobile phones.

Not much too complain here...

Last edited:

Max_Po

Banned
retired

001_DX_092--342b37cd30593c0b9e38d640239cf1d1.jpg

2dfea-15922357913513-500.jpg

Last edited:
Millenials are from 81-96
I was born in February of 1981. While that would technically make me a millenial, I can always fall back to the date of becoming a multi-cellular organism and go with that. So I choose that. Gen X Conceived.

I am techy, but I find great value in busting my ass for 12 hours a day, it's more fun and rewarding to earn something than just have it given to me, and I know how to change a flat, change my oil, replace a piston, change brake pads, and I have even installed a few suspensions, drive-trains and axles. There's so much fun shit to do that isn't on a computer or phone.

Edit: M Max_Po Oh god...that match was so bad.

Last edited:

GV82

I always hear early 80s doesn’t fall into millennial. There was another term for it. I’ll have to take a look.

Xennials aren't quite as cynical as the stereotypical Gen Xer but also aren't quite as optimistic as the stereotypical millennial.

Yeah fuck it Xennial will do.
Micro generation between 77-85.

fuck Gen X and fuck Millennials

Last edited:

Woo-Fu

Banned
We're the ones doing all the work while the rest of the US is either retired or a slave to social media. Once we retire you're all basically fucked.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Gen X is the smallest gen. We are doing all the heavy lifting between the boomers and millennials.

Boomers call us lazy and entitled, Millenials and zoomer call us boomers.

We are just sitting off to the side letting the 2 fight it out as we infiltrate them both.

(I’m extra on the side since I was never Gen X or Gen Y when I was a kid. It’s just lately they have tried to lump me in. )

Relativ9

Too busy having jobs, raising kids, and talking about actual issues that we have chance of addressing (instead of those we don't which seems to be what 90% of all Gen Z and Millennial talk about). And I'm saying that as a Millenial.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
You hear about boomers, millenials, and genz all the time. But the guys in between the boomers and millenials- nothing. I was born in the early 80s so by the time the 90s rolled around, I looked up to Gen X as the cool kids- dressed in grunge with an apathetic or cynical attitude. After that era though, they just kind of fell off and never get brought up in generational debates even though they exist, they didn't go anywhere.

Boomers- out of touch, fucking shit up for the later generations
Millenials- entitled, techy
Gen Z- Bred in the soupy muck of the internet, obsessed with social media, progressive
Gen X- ??

So what happened?

Wait for Biden to be the next president of the United States. That will give birth to Generation X.

Top Bottom