• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is RETRO Studios project?

GAMETA

Banned
Cancelled?

What about that Reggie photo on Twitter?

I was looking forward to see something this E3, but let's be honest, if it's not here yet then it probably never will. :(

No new DKC, no Star Fox GP, no robot arm teaser, nothing, just silence. Strange times for Retro Studio, strange times...

Quezacolt

Cancelled?

What about that Reggie photo on Twitter?

I was looking forward to see something this E3, but let's be honest, if it's not here yet then it probably never will. :(

No new DKC, no Star Fox GP, no robot arm teaser, nothing, just silence. Strange times for Retro Studio, strange times...
They are working on Metroid prime 4 after the other studio failed to reach the quality nintendo was hoping for.

Fbh

Whatever they were working on was probably put on hold now that they are making Metroid Prime 4.
And since we just learned not too long ago that they'd be taking over the project and starting from scratch it's probably going to be quite some time before we get anything from them

GAMETA

Banned
They are working on Metroid prime 4 after the other studio failed to reach the quality nintendo was hoping for.
Yeah, but they started doing so this year.

DKC Tropical Freeze released in 2014. Even if you consider the Switch port and the help they gave in BotW, were's talking about 5 years here.

Yeah, but they started doing so this year.

DKC Tropical Freeze released in 2014. Even if you consider the Switch port and the help they gave in BotW, were's talking about 5 years here.

I've been wondering that to, what have they been working on in between? I've been betting that it's DKC 3 but I'm not so sure anymore....

Aldric

I just don't understand why no one says anything to clear up the situation. Why can't journalists actually ask a Nintendo higher up what the situation is with Retro? Even if they get the stock "we have nothing to announce, please look forward to Metroid Prime 4" answer that'd still be something. I'd also expect former employees to comment, except if there're legal reasons I'm unaware of that prevent them from speaking.

In any case, what a waste. I don't get how you can't follow up on a top tier game like Tropical Freeze with anything worth releasing. What the fuck happened?

Games take time to make and they obviously have no desire to talk about it yet. I don't have to like it, but I can accept that. I haven't been disappointed with anything they've touched yet, so... ((shrugs))

Top Bottom