• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Rocksteady

I really hope they’re on another Batman game. A superfriends game would suck so much. Batman is cool... the rest? Pass

Superman is a dweeb and boring

I wish it was another Batman game too, there's no reason they can't still make Batman games even if it's not the same continuity as the Arkham games.

An open world Gotham that isn't abandoned by normal people would be a different enough take that would be worth doing.

But I don't think Superman is a dweeb, Superman is cool too, I just hope they keep his red underwear and not just the blue jumpsuit from the Snyder movies, I hate that look.

VulcanRaven

Can't wait to see what they are making. Superman game would be great but it might no be it. If it is I hope Metropolis will not look like just some normal city. I really like the futuristic retro look in Superman The Animated Series:

latest

mondo_superman_album2.jpg

Last edited:

plushyp

I'd love to see Dick Grayson as Batman with Lucius Fox providing tech assistance. The GCPD DLC in AK was really fun just because of the banter and interplay between these two.

But I guess they're working on Superman or Justice League... who knows.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The animated series visual style is the best for sure when it comes to Superman and Batman. But we all know that we won't have that, at best there'll be animated series costume and that's it :(

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Ideal world: They're working on a Batman Beyond-game, starring Terry McGuinnes. Would be my insta-goty.

Realistically, though ... I'm still doubtful about a Superman-game working. If they go that route, they might as well do a full-on Justice League-game. Would add some variation and you can have different mission styles depending on which character you're in control of. Considering how much of a mess the DCEU is in, Rocksteady might even be given the okay for a canon-story tie-in to the movies.

I know I'd love to play as Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman. Although the scale might be too big at that level.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Can't wait to see what they are making. Superman game would be great but it might no be it. If it is I hope Metropolis will not look like just some normal city. I really like the futuristic retro look in Superman The Animated Series:

latest

mondo_superman_album2.jpg
This WB animated shows back then were the best. I would love for a Bats or Supes game that uses this art style. I’d be happy if even one of these console Superman games were good.. ever.
I’d love for Rocksteady to do it, but, Supes is so OP and somewhat unrelatable that making a decent game featuring him seems really hard. Hell, making movies with him seems quite the challenge outside of the Christopher Reeves ones.

VulcanRaven

This WB animated shows back then were the best. I would love for a Bats or Supes game that uses this art style. I’d be happy if even one of these console Superman games were good.. ever.
There actually is an open-world Superman game based the animated series:

Gameplay at 5:05. I haven't played it but it looks fun. Also Batman: Vengeance on PS2 is alright. It is based on The New Batman Adventures.

Last edited:
nex
I’d love for Rocksteady to do it, but, Supes is so OP and somewhat unrelatable that making a decent game featuring him seems really hard. Hell, making movies with him seems quite the challenge outside of the Christopher Reeves ones.
I have said it before and I'll say it again: they don't need to make him OP

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
There actually is an open-world Superman game based the animated series:

Gameplay at 5:05. I haven't played it but it looks fun. Also Batman: Vengeance on PS2 is alright. It is based on The New Batman Adventures.

I forgot about this game. I think I played part of it once or twice. Might need to find a way to revisit it. Love that art style and the series WB put out. So many days spent munching cereal watching those shows.

Top Bottom