• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where is Rocksteady

shimon

People moaned for years about there being no batmobile. Well, there you go.

Sure but that doesn't mean they had to put it in almost every mission in the same exact way. I get ptsd just thinking about all those tank battle sections lol

E3 2018.

Blank screen. We hear Bruce Wayne saying "she's the most dangerous assasin in the world. I don't know why she's in the city, but I'm sure it's not for a good reason."
The logos of WB and Rocksteady appear on screen.
Bruce Wayne continues: "I tracked her last location. Go there and you might find something important. Be careful, Terry".
The screen then shows Terry's face, he puts on the mask and then we see Terry standing on the top of a building, wearing the Batman Beyond suit, and seeing Neo-Gotham from above, like Batman: Arkham Knight's gameplay demo of E3 2014.
Then the scene goes blank again and we see the Batman Beyond logo and title of the game.

That's what I want.

jmartoine

E3 2018.

Blank screen. We hear Bruce Wayne saying "she's the most dangerous assasin in the world. I don't know why she's in the city, but I'm sure it's not for a good reason."
Bruce Wayne continues: "I tracked her last location. Go there and you might find something important. Be careful, Terry".
The screen then shows Terry's face, he puts on the mask and then we see Terry standing on the top of a building, wearing the Batman Beyond suit, and seeing Neo-Gotham from above, like Batman: Arkham Knight's gameplay demo of E3 2014.
Then the scene goes blank again and we see the Batman Beyond logo and title of the game.

That's what I want.

You just know they will force Arkham into the subtitle.

Batman: Beyond Arkham

spad3

E3 2018.

That's what I want.

I'd take my parents to a play that ends post-9pm and leave early through a back alleyway if this ever happened.

ffvorax

That's how developer should work I think... wait until at max 1 year remain for a game to come out, and so I hope they are full on work in a new unannounced project for the Fall 2018!

I don't like when game are showed and announced and then are released a thousand years later...

Very curious about their new project, they did good with batman.

dashonfire

Neo Member
I thought they were making the Batman game with Damien Wayne (ugh, Damien... why him?), but that's from the creators of Arkham: Origins, so who knows?

Despite the problems with Arkham Knight, it was still an incredible solid game. True, way too much Batmobile, but I thought it played very well. Gameplay was as good as ever, and I don't think anyone does the "Arkham fighting-mechanics" as well as they do.

Putting them on another Batman game would be silly, but I would not be opposed to see them do another game based on a different DC-character. Maybe the Flash or Superman? For something really out there, I think making a Green Lantern game would just be perfect. Creating your own constructs, going to space, fight with other lanterns.

This. I would KILL for a Green Lantern game made by them.

dezzy8

I can't wait for their next game. Arkham series was one of my favorites of last gen. I hope that they get the freedom to create their own IP.

The007JiM

but I would not be opposed to see them do another game based on a different DC-character. Maybe the Flash or Superman? For something really out there, I think making a Green Lantern game would just be perfect. Creating your own constructs, going to space, fight with other lanterns.

I also want Rocksteady work with another DC hero. Personally, i want The Flash game. So many pssibilities, you can run freely in central city persuing villians, saving iris, phasing through walls, making tornados and all that stuff. Even playing with time travel and speed would be fun.

ROCKSTEADY IS AT YOUR MOMS HOUSE!!!!
hqdefault.jpg

Ok...interesting. Wonder what franchise they're going to take on now. It's pretty much certain they are done with Batman right?

I hope it will be something special because sadly AK didn't do it at all for me. Loved AA, AC was good but AK, nah man.
This is exactly how I feel about the three games. AK isn't bad but man was it a disappointment coming off its predecessors.

Permanently A

AK oozed style but no substance, the tank gameplay just sucked the fun out of the game. I feel like Rocksteady are top tier world builders and solid storytellers but their gameplay needs some work.

This is exactly how I feel about the three games. AK isn't bad but man was it a disappointment coming off its predecessors.

Oh for sure man. First of all the amount of Batmobile parts was just way too much and characters like Poison Ivy that used to be very well made and interesting in previous games just weren't great at all here. Both design and their acting.

So I sure as hell hope Batman is history for Rocksteady. I really want to see something different by them.

I'd eat a damn shoe if it's a Superman game.

And I'll eat the other shoe! If dude only has one foot we'll split it! ;)

Seriously though, Superman would be a dream game, we can only hope. Im praying that the Superman cake Rocksteady made for someone (about 6 months ago) that posted a pic of it on twitter was a sign. Fingers crossed!

I'm not a huge Supes fan but I definitely would like to see how Rockstar handles that. But please don't be another Batman. I do recall them saying no more Batman for them but talk is cheap I say.

Jumeira

Banned
GO AWAY lol. I'm tired of ya'll. Plenty of games come out every year that aren't licensed IPs.

TBH id love a 3rd person detective game from them. LA Noir wasnt good, id be happy if they further develop their events playback and camera footage scanning meta games from Batman AK. Really enjoyed those moments.

Rosur2a

Hope we see something at PSX but yea been longer than the announcement of knight after origins.

If we don't see anything at PSX next E3 I can see there project being announced (or in the lead up to it).

Gibbe Teen Titans game or Justice League game (rallying heroes. Superman unlocked last)

Would also allow Dick Grayson game, provided we get Young Justice cameos. Or Damian Wayne game with Teen Titan cameos.

Top Bottom