• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where my third party PlayStation Vita games Sony?

clay_ghost said:
Where are my JRPG :( I want both portable to have great rpg like the ds and psp did :(

It does make me wonder, PSP is inexplicably white hot over there still, when will developers feel safe to jump over?

jackdoe

FoneBone said:
What part of the word "perception" do you not understand
I understand perception. Two years of development does not contribute to the "perception" that development is an afterthought.

jackdoe said:
Two years worth of development time (according to Sony Bend) is hardly an "afterthought".

Which is why I said "perception," not reality.

gofreak said:
I think he's just salty that it (and the launch lineup, even without third parties!) will be a mile better than anything that was available on 3DS at launch. And for the same price.

I've never defended 3DS' launch lineup, and if you want to insinuate that my Vita skepticism is motivated by fanboy bias, you should at least read my posts in Cafe threads first. :)

Takao

Banned
Rockstar either needs centre-stage for their game announcements, or they'll do it when they'll want to.

I imagine their NGP projects can range from anything GTA, Red Dead, Bully, or even something new.

jeremy1456 said:
For comparison sake which third party games for 3DS were shown at last e3?

As I remember I think it was like this:

Super Street Fighter 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Dead or Alive Dimensions
Chocobo Racing
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D

Were there any more big ones?

The thing is, those three games, and the promise of MML3 is super huge for people. There's nothing super huge for people here other than the price.

Though we did learn of the nasty nature of MGS3D. I certainly hope the KojiPro Vita projects are not as lazy, even if its just transfarring stuff.

sturmdogg

thefro said:
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with anything they showed except for Uncharted (which looked great but was definitely not at PS3 levels).

It'll probably get a lot of good ports but I can't see someone making a Vita-only game when they can put it on PS3/360/Cafe/Vita instead.

Of course, nothing on 3DS interests me except for Mario (and Street Fighter IV/Zelda a little bit), so they're not much better off right now.

Ok seriously, what the hell is this shit? I really don't understand. How / Why are you comparing the graphics of a Vita game with a PS3 game?

jackdoe

To be completely fair, I'm sure they'll take an approach like Nintendo and have an event closer to launch to unveil more of their line up. But I do have to admit that Street Fighter X Tekken was the oddest choice for a demonstration and caught me by surprise. It came from left field.

Takao said:
The thing is, those three games, and the promise of MML3 is super huge for people. There's nothing super huge for people here other than the price.
Unless Nintendo locked up exclusivity for MML3, it will probably be coming out on the Vita as well. In fact, I see a lot of multiplatform handheld titles now that their specs are at least somewhat comparable.

Well all the big developers have confirmed stuff for the Vita, including SE, Atlus, Konami etc etc so i'm not worried
Just wait til TGS before coming to conclusions

DiscoJer

sturmdogg said:
Ok seriously, what the hell is this shit? I really don't understand. How / Why are you comparing the graphics of a Vita game with a PS3 game?

It's going to be the norm. PSP games were constantly judged by the graphics of PS2 games, particularly when they had counterparts...

daffy

Banned
Big One said:
Umm not really it's been announced for a couple of months with promises of a shitload of third party support
Oh whatever you know what I mean, publicly shown.

And this is a press conference for the entire Playstation brand. Saying the third party lineup is scarce is reactionary because this is a first party conference.

The conference can only go on for so long, let's see who's on the show floor first.

http://twitter.com/#!/jawltd/status/77918632289632256

Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath coming to PS Vita this holiday season, with cross platform cloud saves #E3

Takao

Banned
I'm very surprised Little Deviants wasn't showcased. That was their marquee title IMO at the PlayStation Meeting, and at GDC. The game seemingly has since evolved in huge leaps. Not seeing it showcased is odd.

jackdoe said:
Unless Nintendo locked up exclusivity for MML3, it will probably be coming out on the Vita as well. In fact, I see a lot of multiplatform handheld titles now that their specs are at least somewhat comparable.

The specs between 3DS and Vita are not really comparable, lol. Let's just hope the version of Mobile Framework Portcom is using on 3DS can render at Vita resolution easily.

Given the shaky ground MML3 is on right now, putting that multi-platform might do it some good. Hopefully (read: you gotta believe) they'll sort out the licensing issues preventing the MML games from being released on PSN.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Let's not forget that they're "targeting" a 2011 global launch. That's less than 6 months away. The games should have been announced months ago!

neptunes

Well the embargo was just lifted last week, I expect a lot of announcements over the summer.

the ZoE and MGS collection is coming right?

orioto

Good Art™
I just want to say that the Vanillaware game will be the most beautiful thing in the world on that screen.

I can see awesome things for 2D on this hardware! With its ppi, even pixel art will look glorious

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Shinobido is there.
I'm satisfied.

dPvYP.jpg

first Shinobido game to be released in North America!

jeremy1456

Jinfash said:
Let's not forget that they're "targeting" a 2011 global launch. That's less than 6 months away. The games should have been announced months ago!

I'm pretty sure we had screens, announcements, and videos of exponentially more psp games a year before its launch than we do of the vita, which as you pointed out comes out in six months.

I honestly don't think the games are there to show.

jackdoe

Takao said:
The specs between 3DS and Vita are not really comparable, lol. Let's just hope the version of Mobile Framework Portcom is using on 3DS can render at Vita resolution easily.
Comparable in that a 3DS game rendered at a higher resolution would be "acceptable" on the Vita and the fact that the Vita has a touch screen which should prevent some control issues with regards to ports.

And you right on the money with regards to Capcom's engine. They already ported it to the Vita for one reason. To facilitate multiplatform development. This helps with the ballooning budgets of handheld development and gives more return. I see all Capcom games going multiplat on handhelds unless Sony or Nintendo cough up cash for exclusivity.

yurinka

jackdoe said:
Comparable in that a 3DS game rendered at a higher resolution would be "acceptable" on the Vita and the fact that the Vita has a touch screen which should prevent some control issues with regards to ports.

And you right on the money with regards to Capcom's engine. They already ported it to the Vita for one reason. To facilitate multiplatform development. This helps with the ballooning budgets of handheld development and gives more return. I see all Capcom games going multiplat on handhelds unless Sony or Nintendo cough up cash for exclusivity.
As shown and mentioned in their Lost Planet 2 tech demo, MT Framework Mobile runs fullfeatured in Vita like in HD consoles. Unlike the 3DS version.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
jeremy1456 said:
I'm pretty sure we had screens, announcements, and videos of exponentially more psp games a year before its launch than we do of the vita, which as you pointed out comes out in six months.

I guess it's so easy to develop for that everyone procrastinated!

jackdoe

yurinka said:
As shown and mentioned in their Lost Planet 2 tech demo, MT Framework Mobile runs fullfeatured in Vita like in HD consoles. Unlike the 3DS version.
True, it can be used for PS3 to Vita ports. But that doesn't take away from my point that it can also be used to port over 3DS games running on the engine (albeit limited). Unless you were making some other point?

Jinfash said:
I guess it's so easy to develop for that everyone procrastinated!
It's a system that probably requires one to two years to develop for depending on how many existing assets you use. Obviously console ports take less time and I expect to see a number of those at launch.

neptunes

jeremy1456 said:

No Sony showcased even less games then they did now.

before the PSP launched, people only had the following to look forward to...

Ridge Racers
Lumines
Metal Gear Ac!d
Twisted Metal
wip3out
and some sports games

FoneBone

jeremy1456 said:

Yeah, this is what we got when PSP made its debut:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPLvEYT4_0

neptunes said:
No Sony showcased even less games then they did now.

before the PSP launched, people only had the following to look forward to...

Ridge Racers
Lumines
Metal Gear Ac!d
Twisted Metal
wip3out
and some sports games
Wrong.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Massa said:
Because being one game in a sea of news coming out of a press conference is not how Rockstar announces their games.
Actually, that's typically how they announce all their games.

gembel said:
Vanillaware(?) game is called Dragon Crown
TunaLover said:
You don´t need more titles when you have 1 VanillaWare game <3

Got anymore info..

Edit - Also it's funny how i'm learning more about PSV's 3rd party support from this thread compared to any info from Sony..

Lando Jones said:
Got anymore info..

Edit - Also it's funny how i'm learning more about PSV's 3rd party support from this thread compared to any info from Sony..
I believe the titles are there, I thought (and probably everyone else too) from the way Sony spoke and how developers mentioned they had to wait until E3 to reveal their games, that there was going to be some big 3rd party blowout at their conference. On top of this I was expecting at least one or two more games that i'm fairly sure are in development to have been shown..but for whatever reason....they weren't...but back to the Vita, I believe the games are there, but they are going to trickle out as developers just decide to announced them, instead of one big showing with them.

stealthpengu

Neo Member
Anyone else think 3DS will get the JRPGS and other smaller studio japanese titles this time around? I imagine development costs for Vita are closer to the HD consoles than the PSP.

Ninja_Hawk said:
I believe the titles are there, I thought (and probably everyone else too) from the way Sony spoke and how developers mentioned they had to wait until E3 to reveal their games, that there was going to be some big 3rd party blowout at their conference. On top of this I was expecting at least one or two more games that i'm fairly sure are in development to have been shown..but for whatever reason....they weren't...but back to the Vita, I believe the games are there, but they are going to trickle out as developers just decide to announced them, instead of one big showing with them.

Oh I know I guess it's just weird hearing stuff via twitter or late blog posts when Sony could have at the very least mentioned some of them, even if just by name dropping instead of letting us decipher the montage for hints.

Still not any less excited for it. Vanillware title, RR7, the rockstar announcements, BB, shinobido, and the Oddworld ports are a good start for all the info thats slowly trickling in as far as 3rd party support goes..

kuroshiki

stealthpengu said:
Anyone else think 3DS will get the JRPGS and other smaller studio japanese titles this time around? I imagine development costs for Vita are closer to the HD consoles than the PSP.

Depends whether VITA sells more in Japan. VITA will be way cheaper to develop compare to HD counterpart because the architecture is widely known and there are lots of middlewares available for it. (You don't have to learn cell architecture from the ground up).

Top Bottom