• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where my third party PlayStation Vita games Sony?

We could see some more third-party Vita games detailed over the next few days. Sony's conference didn't go very in-depth into many of their first-party titles either.

All we have is promises right now:

- Bioshock
- Silent Hill
- SFvsTekken

I'm keeping my hype under control. Remember DMC PSP, RE PSP, Elder Scroll Travelers PSP? Yea......plus no confirmation that those PS2 HD are playable on Vita (thinking especially MGS2-3 rumor).

gembel

can anyone name the titles that were shown in the montage??

i saw Dynasty warriors 7, but what's the other ninja game?

Why do people keep saying Tenchu; it was obviously the guy from Genji in the trailer.

jesus christ get your generic 17th century historical Japanese games right..

Akkad

Banned
Metal B said:
Sony properly rushing out the system. They need to attack Nintendo with all cost, even if this means to sell the NGV heavily under its value and without 3rd party games.
This can also mean, that there could be some hardware problems in the future.

Holy fuck, how did you jump to that conclusion?

Hopefully Famitsu gets the scoop on some games in their new issue. We already know that several Japanese developers have said that they're working on titles (of course they couldn't say anything at the time).

Takao

Banned
I NEED SCISSORS said:
Why do people keep saying Tenchu; it was obviously the guy from Genji in the trailer.

The developer for the Genji games reportedly was closed.

The game itself (the ninja game) looks like Shinobido, an Acquire game SCEJ/SCEE released for PSP and PS2 but skipped SCEA release. Acquire is a known supporter of the Vita, and is a close Sony partner.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I read a report earlier that Michael Jackson: The Experience is coming :O :p

Something tells me Sony's letting third parties make their own announcements. Hopefully they'll do so now, at this E3.

This is the list so far, I think:

F12011
Call of Duty
Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Virtua Tennis (?)
Dust 514
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
New Bioshock
Dynasty Warriors (?)
Street Fighter Vs Tekken
Oddworld stuff
Ruin (third party, I think?)

...other stuff I couldn't make out in their reel

They have issued an updated list of third party devs though as part of their price press release though: http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/110607a_e.pdf

MrMephistoX

Amir0x said:
Seriously I said this when NGP first revealed. Never in the history of a platform has a system revealed with virtually no third party games shown at all. Mario said he had something ready, but they didn't show it.

Now we're at E3, and they have announced, like, a paltry 4 or 5 third party games out of a reported EIGHTY total games?

What the fuck is going on?

Should someone argue why I shouldn't be concerned at this point about the desolate lineup?
They're all on 3DS right?

Fuck, I missed out on the conference.

So it's true that we don't have any THIRD PARTY GAMES yet! Fuuuuuuuu, no wonder nothing leaked because there wasn't anything to be leaked. F-U-C-K!!!!
/rage

This is exactly why I'm not convinced Nintendo should be shitting its pants in terror yet at Vita's price.

Vita's flagship first-party title is Uncharted, an outsourced console spinoff of (almost) exactly the kind that did little to nothing for PSP, and which will be launching almost simultaneously with a "real" console title in the same series to which it will inevitably suffer by comparison.

Its flagship third-party title (the only one demoed onstage) is an HD console port.

Its previous flagship third-party title, Call of Duty, the one that many here proclaimed could be a system seller of Monster Hunter proportions in the West, is nowhere to be seen.

I'm still a bit stunned. I've been arguing since months before NGP was even announced that getting a library of compelling third-party exclusives would be potentially Sony's biggest challenge, but I'd never thought that what they had to show at the system's proper debut would be this unimpressive. I'm not going to proclaim the system doomed to an eternity of shitty ports based on one E3 showing, but this can't be called a good sign.

I would be more concerned that they showed a fucking pool game. Really? Is that one of the key titles to show off your new system Sony?

I NEED SCISSORS said:

I'd say that was Shinobido. AKA. the spiritual succesor to tenchu that doesn't sucks.

Pirabear

Banned
Sony is no longer telling 3rd parties to hold off talking about Vita games, right? I look forward to Famitsu in the weeks ahead.

Edit: On that note, the next thing we need to find out is if the Vita is region free.

onipex

Yeah the lack of games was a shock. Remember when the PSP had all that promised support and Sony the wall of logos? This feels the like the same thing all over game.

"Hey guys buy the games are coming and we don't have to show them, because you trust us." Only this time Nintendo has already pulled that move and no one is falling for it again.

Massa

Put a WebKit browser in there, video playback and Sony's first party line-up and this thing is still a bargain at $249. The third party games are just a bonus. :p

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be buying games like FIFA and F1 on the NGP instead of the PS3.

V_Ben

Banned
Galvanise_ said:
They've held back yet again. They did it with PlayStation Suite as well.

They actually held back on the PS3 too.

Very surprising.

They've got Gamescom and TGS :)

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
ToyBroker said:
God damn retards.

Did you really expect them to announce all that shit?

They focused on FIRST party.

Wait for TGS too.

E3 brings out the dumbest people.

Oh, the irony.

jackdoe

Father_Brain said:
Vita's flagship first-party title is Uncharted, an outsourced console spinoff of (almost) exactly the kind that did little to nothing for PSP, and which will be launching almost simultaneously with a "real" console title in the same series to which it will inevitably suffer by comparison.
You can't exactly be "outsourced" if it's within the company, right? Sony Bend is part of Sony.

Akkad

Banned
M_Night said:
-GamesCom
-Tokyo Game Show
-Famitsu/Jump/Dengeki

I'm sure we'll get reveals elsewhere as well.

Nah man, panicking is much more fun. I mean this is GAF after all.

H_Prestige said:
What did they hold back?

Well they've actually came out of the conference announcing fuck all.

PlayStation Suite had nothing mentioned.

PS3 games, we know many many developers, including 3rd party are working on PS3 exclusives. Quantic Dream have two for example.

We know of Vita games, but they didn't even make the fizzle reel, E.g F1 2011, Lego Pirates etc

Sony are holding back.

I think Gamescom will have a massive blow out.

DiscoJer

onipex said:
Yeah the lack of games was a shock. Remember when the PSP had all that promised support and Sony the wall of logos? This feels the like the same thing all over game.

"Hey guys buy the games are coming and we don't have to show them, because you trust us." Only this time Nintendo has already pulled that move and no one is falling for it again.

Yup. I really don't see how this is any different than the PSP. If anything, it seems more underwhelming since PSP owners have seen it all before...

At least this time Sony didn't have the gall to announce a GT...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I'm not really worried about third party support for the future given that it seems like the Vita can handle somewhat dumbed down ports of 360/PS3 level games.

jeremy1456

For comparison sake which third party games for 3DS were shown at last e3?

As I remember I think it was like this:

Super Street Fighter 3D
Ridge Racer 3D
Resident Evil Revelations
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Dead or Alive Dimensions
Chocobo Racing
Samurai Warriors Chronicles
Metal Gear Solid 3D
Super Monkey Ball 3D

Were there any more big ones?

jackdoe said:
You can't exactly be "outsourced" if it's within the company, right? Sony Bend is part of Sony.

I mean that it's not from the same developer as the console titles. That's not a slight at Golden Abyss itself or Sony Bend, but it adds to the perception (and I mean perception, not necessarily reality) that Sony is still treating handheld development as an afterthought compared to consoles and that it isn't a "real" Uncharted game.

KingDizzi

Banned
My initial thought was that Sony were holding back 3rd parties for E3 but the fuck happened here? Nothing of note announced, yeah very nice Kaz you saying that 3rd party games are being made but at least show some? Mindboggling stuff especially when we know the likes of FIFA 12, F1 2012 etc are being made thanks to press releases, perhaps leaving all this stuff for Gamescom?

:/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
jackdoe said:

I think he's just salty that it (and the launch lineup, even without third parties!) will be a mile better than anything that was available on 3DS at launch. And for the same price.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sony didn't show much of ANYTHING. They announced like two new games for PS3. I don't know what they were doing. 2 hrs and kinda had the pace and excitement of a fart. Thank god for vita price.

jackdoe

Father_Brain said:
I mean that it's not from the same developer as the console titles. That's not a slight at Golden Abyss itself or Sony Bend, but it adds to the perception (and I mean perception, not necessarily reality) that Sony is still treating handheld development as an afterthought compared to consoles and that it isn't a "real" Uncharted game.
Two years worth of development time (according to Sony Bend) is hardly an "afterthought".

Y2Kev said:
Sony didn't show much of ANYTHING. They announced like two new games for PS3. I don't know what they were doing. 2 hrs and kinda had the pace and excitement of a fart. Thank god for vita price.
Well, I think that has more to do with the loaded lineup they have for this fall. They don't want to distract people from the games actually coming out this year.

Top Bottom