• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where the Heck is Advance Wars 3DS

Nibel

ig4b5rnxxOgUA.gif

Blizzard

Banned
I'd even like another DS version, like Pokemon Black and White 2. I'm not sure there have been any announcements of intentions to continue the Advance Wars series, however.

Intelligent Systems is not a big team and they just finished Fire Emblem and have Paper Mario to finish as well. I imagine they might move to make a Wii U game as well.

GhaleonQ

Am I right to say that Advance Wars 1 and 2 didn't get released in Japan until after 2 was out, and then as a compilation of 1 and 2 on 1 cart?

DS Wars 1 got a contemporaneous release, but 2/Days Of Ruin never came out there (we're talking a Silent Hill situation)?

If that's the case, Intelligent Systems has no reason to continue it, especially if their Mario role-playing games and Fire Emblem are doing so well.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Days of Ruin was so good. If I have to wait a few more years for another one then I will do so happily. Such a godly franchise.

There's a game on the eShop DSiWare called Glory Days which is similar to AW, a lot smaller and simpler, but at £1.80, I can't recommend it enough. Great value for money. If you like Advance Wars, you'll get your monies worth out of it. It's arcade like, you need to survive rounds and clock points up.

STATS:

Total time played: 11:21
No. Times Played: 15
Average time played: 0:45
First Played: 30/07/2012
Last Played: 11/08/2012

Haliela

Funny you should mention this because I had a friend just tell me that they'd pick up the system if the Big N announced a new Advance Wars.

I bought Days of Ruin day of, really liked the new direction. I know it bombed, but I'd like to see another sequel.

Even more so I'd love to see a new F-Zero.

They should at least make it an E-shop game. The mechanics are already there (while throwing in the usual level editor) and it is not like we play Advance Wars for the stories. Would definitely be more profitable than retail.

Cactus

Banned
My guess is that IS will churn one out quickly when there's a lull in 3DS releases. Advance Wars games probably don't take much effort to develop compared to some of their other projects, so I doubt they'll ever abandon the series as long as there's still a dedicated following of some sort.

I'd take an eShop War Room only release even. It's where I spent 90% of my time anyway.

Lots of potential for UGC with map editors and battle parameters. Online play would be a must too. Make it 3DS/Wii U crossplatform.

Conor 419

Banned
I know right, I'd love to see a 3DS Advance Wars with 8 Player online and expanded game mechanics. Shame we probably wont get it for years though.

Xane

I'm still playing Advance Wars II (GBA) and Advance Wars DS to this very day.
Would give anything for a good 3DS sequel.

I know right, I'd love to see a 3DS Advance Wars with 8 Player online and expanded game mechanics. Shame we probably wont get it for years though.

And 8 player online TBS game for a handheld? Not really sure if that is something I'd want to deal with. There would be so much waiting between turns....

I'd love to see asynchronous multiplayer though.

Can they call it "3DS Wars" like it should be instead of "Advance Wars"? The GBA is dead and buried, and don't give me "but the first entry was Advance Wars" because the first entry was Famicom Wars.

Always annoyed me that they didn't carry that over to the US and just made everything "Advance", even when the system wasn't the GBA.

Firemind

My guess is that IS will churn one out quickly when there's a lull in 3DS releases. Advance Wars games probably don't take much effort to develop compared to some of their other projects, so I doubt they'll ever abandon the series as long as there's still a dedicated following of some sort.

lolno

Proper balancing and online infrastructure take time and effort.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They came really close to having a balanced AW game with Days of Ruin. Really, really close.

They are going to be out of big ticket projects very shortly so it might be AW next.

Boney

Banned
IS has been busy with other projects.

With Fire Emblem doing pretty well, they might take another stab at the series after Days of Ruin.

Wouldn't it be the opposite?

I'm sure IS is hard at work with a new FE after the success of Awakening. Yes DLC is gonna stall the work but it's definately coming. It has a lot of pull now in Japan whereas AW has zero.

I'm guessing we might see an Advance wars after FE3DS 2 so 2015 or something.

They came really close to having a balanced AW game with Days of Ruin. Really, really close.

They are going to be out of big ticket projects very shortly so it might be AW next.

Those fucking anti tanks man

Eh i still have AW 2 and Dual Strike to play in my backlog so those are my "new" AW games for a while ;)

For the love of god, pop in AW2 right this second! And trade in Dual Strike for DoR

Wouldn't it be the opposite?

I'm sure IS is hard at work with a new FE after the success of Awakening. Yes DLC is gonna stall the work but it's definately coming. It has a lot of pull now in Japan whereas AW has zero.

I'm guessing we might see an Advance wars after FE3DS 2 so 2015 or something.
Yeah, IntSys tends to release SLGs in consecutive pairs. They just led with Wars on GBA/DS, now they're leading with FE on 3DS.

Madao

Sorry, the series was too good to continue and has been F-Zero'd.

it is really bad when the term used to describe a dead series is F-Zero.

*goes to pick up all the pieces of his heart*

what's next? Metroid getting F-Zero'd next gen? i wish nintendo would have more studios to handle all their series.

Why isn't every Nintendo franchise on 3DS already? It has been out for over a year now! And why weren't 3D Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, and Super Smash Bros for Wii U at E3? Fucking Nintendo!!

Top Bottom